Annoyances with my Camera

-PROBLEM SOLVED-

Hello,

I have a Philips ToUcam PRO II (PCVC840K) (webcam)

This is what happens in "My Computer"

24943.jpg

24944.jpg

As you see nothing happens, just a blank empty screen.

I have been trying to reinstall, but without succes.

In other applications that support twain sources, for example photoshop there's no problems at all. :(

I use WinXP SP2.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ingo

It's a webcam. Normally a regular camera would have pictures stored there, but Windows XP detects it like that no matter what. Just start recording using whatever program you want to export it to.

Welcome to Neowin. :)

It's a webcam. Normally a regular camera would have pictures stored there, but Windows XP detects it like that no matter what. Just start recording using whatever program you want to export it to.

585887652[/snapback]

If it's a webcam it's supposed to display video of what the camera is looking at.

have you tried looking for the latest drivers? try the manufacturer's website

585887599[/snapback]

Yes, I have.

585887652[/snapback]

Yes, but I want it to work in "MyComputer" to. And normally it should store pictures there, but as u say It's shows it like "no mater what". By the way thanks. ;)

If it's a webcam it's supposed to display video of what the camera is looking at.

585887710[/snapback]

Yeah, that's right. ;)

585887710[/snapback]

In My Computer? Don't you need to run something like the Scanners and Cameras Wizard or NetMeeting?

In My Computer? Don't you need to run something like the Scanners and Cameras Wizard or NetMeeting?

585887891[/snapback]

No, as soon as you plug the webcam in you can double click the icon and it should display the video.

Have you disabled any services?

585905066[/snapback]

Yes, I have. But not the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) serivce.