Google Has been hacked!

heres wat i found out:

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - Googling stopped for 15 minutes on Saturday.

The world's leading internet search engine shut down from 6:45 to 7 p.m. eastern time, according to Google spokesman David Krane.

"It was not a hacking or a security issue," said Krane. He said the problem was related to the DNS, or Domain Name System, though Krane did not elaborate. The DNS translates domain names for computers.

"Google's global properties were unavailable for a short period of time," Krane said. "We've remedied the problem and access to Google has been restored worldwide."

On Wednesday, the company, based in Mountain View, launched its Web Accelerator service. It's intended to speed access to Web pages by offering cached or compressed copies of sites from Google's servers.

There are an estimated 200 million Google searches a day.

source www.mercurynews.com

There are a few posts on different forums showing the DSN lookup for google.com being hacked, if that?s true I wonder how long before something like Microsoft.com gets re directed.

585888618[/snapback]

If you're on about all that GOOGLE.COM.SUCKS stuff in the whois listings then thats been around for aaaaaages. I posted aa thread about it some time ago.

Edit: I'm guessing this means all Gmail's would have been bounced:(:(

Edited by Lee McDermott

I'm guessing this means all Gmail's would have been bounced  :(

585889952[/snapback]

O my ghosh... if that would have happened many mail server would have blacklisted gmail by now. (possibilities are higher)

*cough*DNS Cache Poisoning

They should have been running this sig.

alert udp $EXTERNAL_NET 53 -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"com DNS cache poison";

content:!"TLD-SERVERS"; nocase; offset:10; depth:50; content:"|c0|";

content:"|00 02|"; distance:1; within:2;

byte_jump:1,-3,relative,from_beginning; content:"|03|com|00|"; nocase;

within:5; classtype:misc-attack; sid:1600; rev:3;)

LOL madness!!! And yes that's Snort!