[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Ya, that was posted SEVERAL times however i think that article contradicted itself on that point..

And on the comparison chart, I can't wait to see the price category added to there >.<

Edit - Ah, now I remember..the article said that the ps3 had 10 tflops and was twice as fast as the xbox(1 tflop).

585931313[/snapback]

The one important thing they left out was the game medium that is being used. Blu-ray vs. DVD. I wonder how much the console will cost with Blu-ray in it.

Wow, the PS3 is just going to be another over hyped, butt ugly looking console.  :x

I only hope that Nintendo makes their console as nice looking as Microsoft has done with the Xbox360.  They know how to do things the right way.  :yes:

585931369[/snapback]

I think the x360 looks butt ugly compared to this, though I do like the x360's controller alot more. That doesn't bother me though because I'm sure the finla design will be different, and something tells me you'll be able to use the old dual shock controller as well, not to mention the PSP can be used as a controller.

Just Look at How many Replys There is on the [Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread and the [Definitive] Xbox 360 Thread there is, People know whats best already.

585931347[/snapback]

this just shows that Sony has a higher popularity than Microsoft.

Wow, the PS3 is just going to be another over hyped, butt ugly looking console.  :x

I only hope that Nintendo makes their console as nice looking as Microsoft has done with the Xbox360.  They know how to do things the right way.  :yes:

585931369[/snapback]

Nintendo's said it's going to be sexy, lol-

so i guess we're looking at a volvo-ish release to please both genders (or some sort of hermaphrodite... that somehow attracts evey-one) :ninja:

The one important thing they left out was the game medium that is being used.  Blu-ray vs. DVD.  I wonder how much the console will cost with Blu-ray in it.

585931376[/snapback]

Yes, blueray will have alot to do with the quality of the games so much more space and hi-def. While, the xbox360 is dragging its feet in that category using the ancient regular dvds ;) and optical lens....ps3 has some new lens thinger...

Just finished Watching the Video At Gamespot, Im amazed and Happy!! I cant wait , Its coming out In spring my Birthday!!  My opinion is Ps3 IS better the Xbox 360.

Just Look at How many Replys There is on the [Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread and the [Definitive] Xbox 360 Thread there is, People know whats best already.

585931347[/snapback]

errrmmmm.. did you know this "Definitive" was merged with about any other PS3 topic floating around NW? the one for Xbox 360 is just "one topic.

I think the x360 looks butt ugly compared to this, though I do like the x360's controller alot more.  That doesn't bother me though because I'm sure the finla design will be different, and something tells me you'll be able to use the old dual shock controller as well, not to mention the PSP can be used as a controller.

585931388[/snapback]

I definitely agree with you about the Xbox360 controller but I really hope you are kidding about the PS3. The PS3 looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick. :yes:

I don't see any vents on the PS3...won't it overheat?

585931246[/snapback]

If look at the top of the vertical PS3 there's some vents or right side of the PS3 there's some vents.

I definitely agree with you about the Xbox360 controller but I really hope you are kidding about the PS3.  The PS3 looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick.  :yes:

585931410[/snapback]

it looks like a stick- an aussie stik

(boomerang)

btw- aussies kik arse :ninja:

(but the control sux and has nothing to do /w aussies... nothing.)

errrmmmm.. did you know this "Definitive" was merged with about any other PS3 topic floating around NW? the one for Xbox 360 is just "one topic.

585931407[/snapback]

Oh I didnt Know that , Based upon amount of Post A thread on either ps3 or xbox360 Doesnt Determent Which system is the best, I guess its more of Preference on the user of the systtem and Pass Systems Played on. Me being an Sony Fan...Well :ninja:

I only hope that Nintendo makes their console as nice looking as Microsoft has done with the Xbox360. They know how to do things the right way.

Sorry man, but you have horrible taste. The XBox 360 design looks slapped together: none of the features flow into one another (e.g., the drive tray, the memory slots just stick out as separate objects, and they have straight edges while the console itself is curved). Both the idea and execution of the cheap plastic faceplate "skins" are tacky. The power button is unnecessarily large and will probably look gaudy if that LED glows a bright green.

Now look at the PS3: sleek, like it's molded out of a single piece of material. Everything flows into everything else; nothing looks like it's out of place or just slapped on. The only thing I don't like about the PS3 is the font they used for the monogram logo.

I think the x360 looks butt ugly compared to this, though I do like the x360's controller alot more.  That doesn't bother me though because I'm sure the finla design will be different, and something tells me you'll be able to use the old dual shock controller as well, not to mention the PSP can be used as a controller.

585931388[/snapback]

Still those two controllers are inferior to the Xbox. And rationalizing about being able to use the PSP controller? Give me a break. Don't settle for mediocrity. I had a PS2 longer than my Xbox and I always hated the control. The R1 R2 buttons are completely awkward as is the right analog stick and most importantly both analog sticks aren't nearly as responsive and precise as the Xbox controller. It all comes down to preference but my hands just seem to melt on the Xbox controller.

I definitely agree with you about the Xbox360 controller but I really hope you are kidding about the PS3.? The PS3 looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick.?:yes:s:

585931410[/snapback]

And the xbox looks like a cheap piece of plastic junk.

Still those two controllers are inferior to the Xbox. And rationalizing about being able to use the PSP controller? Give me a break. Don't settle for mediocrity. I had a PS2 longer than my Xbox and I always hated the control. The R1 R2 buttons are completely awkward as is the right analog stick and most importantly both analog sticks aren't nearly as responsive and precise as the Xbox controller. It all comes down to preference but my hands just seem to melt on the Xbox controller.

Well then you are in the minority, because most everyone else agrees that the PS controller has been superior to any other controller design thus far, and continues to be.

Sorry man, but you have horrible taste. The XBox 360 design looks slapped together: none of the features flow into one another (e.g., the drive tray, the memory slots just stick out as separate objects, and they have straight edges while the console itself is curved). Both the idea and execution of the cheap plastic faceplate "skins" are tacky. The power button is unnecessarily large and will probably look gaudy if that LED glows a bright green.

Now look at the PS3: sleek, like it's molded out of a single piece of material. Everything flows into everything else; nothing looks like it's out of place or just slapped on. The only thing I don't like about the PS3 is the font they used for the monogram logo.

585931435[/snapback]

Sony makes a killing of the average consumer who doesn't know the difference between a good product and a bad one. They can polish that turd until it is shiny but it will still smell funny. :yes:

ITs not Going to be The only Controller You'll Be able to use, There Will be others With different Design etc. Plus The Xbox360 Looks like a design that came from Nickelodeon.

Oh I didnt Know that , Based upon amount of Post A thread on either ps3 or xbox360 Doesnt Determent Which system is the best, I guess its more of Preference on the user of the systtem and Pass Systems Played on. Me being an Sony Fan...Well  :ninja:

585931432[/snapback]

no worries buddy, it doesn't matter if you buy a PS3 or the Xbox 360.. it's all about the fun, let's just enjoy this time cuz this something to celebrate!!! :happy: :laugh: :woot: :yes:

Yeah I guess it is a TIme to Celebrate I for One Will Buy Both!!!

Sony makes a killing of the average consumer who doesn't know the difference between a good product and a bad one.  They can polish that turd until it is shiny but it will still smell funny.  :yes:

585931456[/snapback]

What does that have to do with the design? I'm just talking about the aesthetics of the physical consoles, which has nothing to do with how they perform as game platforms.

Not to be left out of the next-generation pre-E3 console teasing, Nintendo has revealed some early information about its next "Revolution" game platform. According to the release, the system "will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer." Like the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360, the Revolution will also be able to "play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television."

Furthermore, the release stressed the inportance of Internet connectivity in the next console generation and proclaimed that the "Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box." Nintendo also revealed that the new system will have a DVD media drive that can play "standard, double-layered DVD disks." The Revolution is also backward compatible with the GameCube and will be able to play the 3-inch GameCube media without a problem.

Source - gamespot

For those anti-ps3 pro-nintendo people among us.

And yet it still looks better than the PS3.  :yes:

585931472[/snapback]

Lol No it doesn't. :happy: