[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

I wanna know from the ppl @ E3 how the PS3 controller feels. Can anyone give me a link or quote a response to this matter?

585949267[/snapback]

that is a good question. Maybe a IGN insider or someone could ask the guys at IGN on their forums.

I wanna know from the ppl @ E3 how the PS3 controller feels. Can anyone give me a link or quote a response to this matter?

585949267[/snapback]

I dont think there was any playable PS3 games, hence people are terming it vaporware. I could be wrong though, would be happy if some one share more info on this.

I'm pretty sure Sony had only a "Look but don't touch" display of the system and controller, but they showed the system and controller to close investors.

Again I'll be sticking with the Playstation series rather than defect to Microsoft or Nintendo. In my opinion Sony has proved once again they can take back the games market. Nintendo should stick to portable consoles with it's GameBoys and DSs whereas Microsoft need to focus more on their operating systems.

Sony have got the best graphics card makers, they use a great processor, good ram, and they get Blu-Ray. AND It looks NICE.... :D

is it going to have backwards compatibiltiy with ps2 games?

585961163[/snapback]

yep :) With PS1 and PS2 games :D

hmm i'll stick with the 360,the design of the PS3 dissapoints me really,the concept,the video card used in xbox 360,the live services offered,are superior.i don't know what happenes to sony,hey that's life

oh the controllers look like the plane used by batman in the movies :x

I was looking at some photos that they've just put up on Gamershell just there and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

There looks to be a section of the front which you can remove or lift or what have you. This has probably already been asked and forgive me if it's an obvious answer, but what does it cover?

Thanks.

Sony have got the best graphics card makers, they use a great processor, good ram, and they get Blu-Ray. AND It looks NICE....  :D

585960398[/snapback]

I think it looks like complete ****, but it is the most powerful system.

I was looking at some photos that they've just put up on Gamershell just there and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

There looks to be a section of the front which you can remove or lift or what have you. This has probably already been asked and forgive me if it's an obvious answer, but what does it cover?

Thanks.

585962125[/snapback]

it covers a selection of slots.....

post-88174-1116883725.jpg

hmm i'll stick with the 360,the design of the PS3 dissapoints me really,the concept,the video card used in xbox 360,the live services offered,are superior.i don't know what happenes to sony,hey that's life

oh the controllers look like the plane used by batman in the movies?:xx

585961222[/snapback]

Superior huh. I wasn't aware you could tell which is superior considering neither console is out and we know next to nothing regarding each consoles GPUs. We also know next to nothing regarding the PS3's online capabilities.

ooohhhh wonder what some of those slots are for? Memory stick,USB wonder what else.

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Edited by ANova

This may sound fanboyish, but Xbox Live is the only thing that's tempting me to get the XBox360. The features are great and the community seems like something I'd like to be a part of.

I'm just waiting for Sony to release some details on their online services before I buy either. Much better to actually know what you're being offered than simply buying something because it's out sooner.

it covers a selection of slots.....

post-88174-1116883725.jpg

585962247[/snapback]

wow, is it a video or some what? got link for download?

will wish to check it out!!!

The PS3 looks poorly made and quite shabby in my opinion.

Anybody else feel the same way?

If it was on looks i'd count myself in the Nintendo camp straight away.

yea there is a link to it, its gamespot's e3 coverage of the sony conference

here

just scroll down and click watch it