[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

The PS3 looks poorly made and quite shabby in my opinion.

Anybody else feel the same way?

If it was on looks i'd count myself in the Nintendo camp straight away.

585965446[/snapback]

i don't feel the same way. i think ps3 looks beautiful, and being available in different colours is all the better. i also think the x360 looks better than the revolution.

imo the revolution is boring and clearly reflects the lack in power it will have compared to the other two consoles. in fact it looks like a huge disk drive (to quote a good friend of mine).

Sheesh! Six isn't enough?

585965425[/snapback]

Yes I was being sarcastic. 6 is sort of overkill, I don't even have that many on my computer.

Yes I was being sarcastic.  6 is sort of overkill, I don't even have that many on my computer.

585967413[/snapback]

the more the merrier :D

:) PS3 Launch Price

Good news everyone! Looks like the price launch price has dropped to that of Sony's previous consoles.

Should be able to get it for my 18th now.

To save people time, $370 is roughly ?200, so I know I'm going to be shelling out to get one.

The previous price, although only ?250, is still nice enough to me considering the hardware, but kudos to SCE for dropping it.

i don't feel the same way. i think ps3 looks beautiful, and being available in different colours is all the better. i also think the x360 looks better than the revolution.

imo the revolution is boring and clearly reflects the lack in power it will have compared to the other two consoles. in fact it looks like a huge disk drive (to quote a good friend of mine).

585966011[/snapback]

At first glimpse of the PlayStation 3, I thought it looked horrible - the controller looked awkward and not very comfortable and the console itself just looked chunky but later I found out it was just the way it was positioned in the screenshot I was staring at.

Now seeing it from different angles, I find it to be some what nice, resembling the old PlayStation 2 but with a touch of the future and I agree, the console being available in black, white and silver is a nice way to come out to the market (assuming they will all be available at one time). Nintendo has done it with GameCube and will be doing it with Revolution but they have colours which I don't think work well with consoles like bright orange and lime green.

The Revolution may seem boring but many do find minimal layout designs sexy - such as I. Though, actually, I haven't had a good look at it but from what I remember, it isn't bad at all. Sleek in my opinion.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next-generation consoles. I'll most likely just wait until all three consoles have had some time on the shelf until I decide which I will buy and probably wait for a price drop as well.

Good news everyone! Looks like the price launch price has dropped to that of Sony's previous consoles.

To save people time, $370 is roughly ?200, so I know I'm going to be shelling out to get one.

The previous price, although only ?250, is still nice enough to me considering the hardware, but kudos to SCE for dropping it.

585968532[/snapback]

great news thanks for the info!:):)

Does anyone know if there are any HD videos out? I saw the ones for the xBox 360, but haven't found any for PS3. the gamespot streaming ones are :x

585968532[/snapback]

Almost never true, we never get translated prices like that, its usually dollar for pound when we eventually get it.

Almost never true, we never get translated prices like that, its usually dollar for pound when we eventually get it.

585971958[/snapback]

Yeah im expecting at least ?300 for the UK Launch if not more.

Well, if it's dropping to the original price of the PS2 in the US, I can't see Sony deviating far from doing the same in Europe. No point speculating on a price really, until it's got a solid date and price announced by Sony themselves.

Hopefully Sony'll be nice and announce it soon.

Yeah im expecting at least ?300 for the UK Launch if not more.

585973262[/snapback]

expecting the very same thing. britain gets ripped off for everything.

yea there is a link to it, its gamespot's e3 coverage of the sony conference

here

just scroll down and click watch it

585965959[/snapback]

Holy **** i saw the legend of zelda twilight princess new game for gc

it made me **** i love legend of zelda. i NEED this!

Anyone create a PS3 forum like the 360 forums made by a few Neowin members?

I'd love to help, as long as someone else provides hosting. :laugh:

But they're nothing to do with games, the technical demoes will look better then anything the PS3 will do, and the CGI is exactly that. How about waiting to see some real games in motion before creaming yourself...

But they're nothing to do with games, the technical demoes will look better then anything the PS3 will do, and the CGI is exactly that. How about waiting to see some real games in motion before creaming yourself...

585986662[/snapback]

They were real in game movies :yes:

Sorry, but they weren't The only realtime code was the technical demoes (that includes the Unreal Engine 3.0 demo). The other "demonstrations" like Killzone, Motor Storm etc were all pre rendered concepts of how they think the games might look on PS3.

Sorry, but they weren't The only realtime code was the technical demoes (that includes the Unreal Engine 3.0 demo). The other "demonstrations" like Killzone, Motor Storm etc were all pre rendered concepts of how they think the games might look on PS3.

585987372[/snapback]

dont forget the square demo too dazzla.

585987372[/snapback]

i think the unreal engine 3.0 demo just proves how amazing games will/should look on the ps3.

aye, unreal engine looks good for pc and x360 too :)

585990179[/snapback]

Yes Unreal engine 3.0 will be available for all platforms, just that some of them will get it earlier than others.