[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Yes Unreal engine 3.0 will be available for all platforms, just that some of them will get it earlier than others.

585990215[/snapback]

at what cost to the looks.

For one, 360 & PC versions will have some sort of anti-aliasing.

585991083[/snapback]

are you suggesting that ps3 won't have anti-aliasing?

are you suggesting that ps3 won't have anti-aliasing?

585991174[/snapback]

maybe...

sony havent hinted on anything about the ps3 and anti-aliasing... so u never know...

I would like to know how that controller feels. It still looks a bit odd.

585992162[/snapback]

i'm sure everyone wants to know how the controller feels.

but because of the really negative response to it, sony are very like to change it. there's still a long way to go before it comes out, so the controller could get a complete redesign, and the console itself may change as well.

i'm sure everyone wants to know how the controller feels.

but because of the really negative response to it, sony are very like to change it. there's still a long way to go before it comes out, so the controller could get a complete redesign, and the console itself may change as well.

585994283[/snapback]

Hope that happens. :cool:

Im sure if the controller dosent feel right, we could always switch for the older controle, and put the newer one on ebay or amazon. :D

Im sure if the controller dosent feel right, we could always switch for the older controle, and put the newer one on ebay or amazon.  :D

585994472[/snapback]

yeah, but i'm sure everyone who gets a PS3 will get used to the controller eventually... unless it's very discomforting to them, which i highly doubt. i mean people got used to that ginormous xbox controller, so the PS3 one should be a breeze :)

yeah, but i'm sure everyone who gets a PS3 will get used to the controller eventually... unless it's very discomforting to them, which i highly doubt.  i mean people got used to that ginormous xbox controller, so the PS3 one should be a breeze :)

585994715[/snapback]

yeah and who will want a wired controller by the time the ps3 comes out?

i understand many people don't need wireless, even i don't, but wireless gives you freedom and style. in 2006, wireless will be the norm, so regardless of ugliness, people will just use whatever sony throws at them.

let's just hope it looks nice though.

I'd just take it as a given that all the next gen ones will have AA. It isn't like the GPUs on any of the 3 systems won't be able to handle it...

maybe...

sony havent hinted on anything about the ps3 and anti-aliasing... so u never know...

585991229[/snapback]

I'd just take it as a given that all the next gen ones will have AA.  It isn't like the GPUs on any of the 3 systems won't be able to handle it...

585999593[/snapback]

aye well lets hope so,, i dont wanna buy some junk at the end of the day and pay loads :shifty:

Same here... Main reason I am waiting and seeing the real final specs on all the systems and a final game lineup before making any decisions. In the end I bet at least the PS3 and xbox 360 will perform similarly. It will be about the games.

To those of you who plan to get a PS3: If it ends up costing around $500, will you still wanna get it?

586008136[/snapback]

yes of course! :D :yes:

To those of you who plan to get a PS3: If it ends up costing around $500, will you still wanna get it?

586008136[/snapback]

No, if there are some killer apps at release maybe i'll buy it if it's released at $299.. If it's not at that price, I'll buy it for sure when the price drops down to $250.

586008136[/snapback]

:yes:

usually if a console is x USD then it'll be x GBP, which is crap. but they would never price it at ?500. no one would ever buy that in the UK.

586008136[/snapback]

Depends what it launches with...if there's some good titles in the mix then yeah, but if there's only a couple than I can see myself waiting till it's around $400

586008136[/snapback]

Yes; I'm sure I could always sell a kidney or liver. :whistle:

[new to neowin first post :p im from bahia brazil]

so i dont think the ps3 will beat pc games.....

i think the g70 sli and the r520 crossfire will own all the next gen...

if ur a performance phreak like me i dont think ps3's graphics will remain the BEST!

you're right, but then again most people know that.

pc performance will always catch up, and surpass, console performance because separate components are upgradable.

if PCs one day became un-upgradable, then the story would be completely different. there'd be a lot more competition from gfx card makers to get the most powerful graphics and performance to last the longest time.

if ur a performance phreak like me i dont think ps3's graphics will remain the BEST!

586010682[/snapback]

true, but you have to think of what enhancements to power the XB360 and PS3 have. Go play Halo 2 on a PC with the same specs as an Xbox. You can't.

586010682[/snapback]

Really? You mean if I spend a $1000 on two Nvidia SLI cards and another $500 on a cpu and motherboard, and a couple hundred more on ram and hard drives it will beat a $300-500 console.

:yes:

usually if a console is x USD then it'll be x GBP, which is crap. but they would never price it at ?500. no one would ever buy that in the UK.

586008907[/snapback]

true... i aint gonna buy it if its over 300-350 quid on launch... (my personal opinion... well its not worth it... regardless of features... at the end of the day its just a games console... not a pc)