[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Even if it turns out to be around $500, I'll still pick one up. With these graphics and options availiable, that's not a bad price at all. A video card that could pull off *some* of those effects costs about that much alone.

if an apple fanboy was an cherry you'd be a whole orchard... does balmer own your balls or something?

586555547[/snapback]

he's an MS/Xbox fanboy, and he doesnt like to hide it either.

him, Spartan (and jerry to some extent)...what a team :hump:

he's an MS/Xbox fanboy, and he doesnt like to hide it either.

him, Spartan (and jerry to some extent)...what a team  :hump:

586560038[/snapback]

LOL :laugh: :yes:

does anyone know if the ps3 will be capable to have graphics upgrades?

586570084[/snapback]

Why would you need graphics upgrades with a card like that? :woot:

the answer to your question: No (iirc)

Edited by sumeet

Hey guys, any of you know about a conference of some sort where Sony is expected to released the details of the much awaited PS3? Or are they going to make us wait longer? I'm really dying to get some info, mainly on 3 points: pricing, the online platform, and media connectivity. If its over $500, its going to be a tough sell....Also, Xbox Live is a pretty damn solid platform, Sony really has to get something similar going in order to catch up. The connectivity with MP3 players, digital cameras and stuff are like a bonus, but a really nice one: I expect to be able to stream music from my iPod while I'm playing my next-gen games :happy:

I dunno..

Xbox 360 and Nintendo "Revolution" already have established themselves as the "powerful multimedia and gaming with online capabilities device" and the "new experiences, innovative, creative, fun, games-only high-quality Nintendo device," respectively. Where does the Sony Playstation 3 fit into that? It's obviously much more similar to the 360 in terms of its media-centric functions.. ?

I said to myself..

250$ for a hand held, man im sooo not buying a PSP im waiting till it goes down in price.

3 days after launch i bought one.

Regardless of price, people... will buy it.

586373469[/snapback]

yep, regardless the price, if you WANT ITYOU WANT IT!!!b>

Hey guys, any of you know about a conference of some sort where Sony is expected to released the details of the much awaited PS3? Or are they going to make us wait longer?

586587813[/snapback]

Currently Sony has two options to reveal what the PS3 is all about, the first is CES (Consumer Electronic Show) which is normally held for all sorts of devices, not just games in general. The other option is for Sony to do some kind of thing that MTV did for Microsoft, but in terms of which will be the likely place, CES is the best candidate.

There is so much to be revealed though, we know the guts but we don't know the final design of the console and the controller itself, the hud/gui/dashboard (whatever you want to call it), prices, online service (how its going to work), security, peripherals (will it be locked down to microsoft and who they will allow to make additional peripherals) etc etc... The list goes on, as far as graphics and sheer power, we've all seen the MGS4 trailer so I'm sure everyone has a good idea of what is possible, be it cinematic or gameplay. It'll blow us away.

I'm going to guess that E3 2006 is when Sony will open the floodgates. They still have too many big name PS2 titles to still come out and they don't want to overshadow them. Some of them that come to mind are: Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, and Rouge Galaxy. There is no reason for them to blow their load early with the PS3.

I dunno..

Xbox 360 and Nintendo "Revolution" already have established themselves as the "powerful multimedia and gaming with online capabilities device" and the "new experiences,  innovative, creative, fun, games-only high-quality Nintendo device," respectively. Where does the Sony Playstation 3 fit into that? It's obviously much more similar to the 360 in terms of its media-centric functions.. ?

586588672[/snapback]

umm dude, idk if you have been a whole the entire maybe 5 months, but ps3 has all same things revolution has (minus old game downloads), 360 (minus the mce).. It can play any quicktime standard, mp4, mpeg4, movie file, it will have psp support to stream the stuff from the console to your psp and from the psp to your console which makes it even better... its got its things going for it

Currently Sony has two options to reveal what the PS3 is all about, the first is CES (Consumer Electronic Show) which is normally held for all sorts of devices, not just games in general. The other option is for Sony to do some kind of thing that MTV did for Microsoft, but in terms of which will be the likely place, CES is the best candidate.

There is so much to be revealed though, we know the guts but we don't know the final design of the console and the controller itself, the hud/gui/dashboard (whatever you want to call it), prices, online service (how its going to work), security, peripherals (will it be locked down to microsoft and who they will allow to make additional peripherals) etc etc... The list goes on, as far as graphics and sheer power, we've all seen the MGS4 trailer so I'm sure everyone has a good idea of what is possible, be it cinematic or gameplay. It'll blow us away.

586589079[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more! :D I dunno but i herd from all the tgs coverage, that SONY infact will be showing there console to its max at CES 06 in Jan, demos, final console (console+controller), the price tag, final features, connectivity devices (psp, camara, headsets etc), final huds, gui, etc, and more games... Though im not sure if this is true, but i can only hope this is true, im sure we will find out as time goes by when the booth layout, attendee's, and confrence scheduals start to appear. :)

umm dude, idk if you have been a whole the entire maybe 5 months, but ps3 has all same things revolution has (minus old game downloads), 360 (minus the mce).. It can play any quicktime standard, mp4, mpeg4, movie file, it will have psp support to stream the stuff from the console to your psp and from the psp to your console which makes it even better... its got its things going for it

586589678[/snapback]

It doesn't have almost anything that revolution has (Nintendo franchises, innovative controller), they are only comparable in the generic stuff (they both generate graphics and sound) in which obviously the PS3 is a lot better.

Note that I'm not flaming the PS3, it's just that I don't see what your point is saying that it has all things revolution has, since the main 4 things that make the revolution (New innovative controller, Nintendo first-party titles, download old games, prolly cheaper price) are completely absent from PS3 for obvious reasons.

If we had to put the PS3 in a category, I would say it's the more mainstream console with probably the best graphics and by far the best third party support, and the most RPG's.

It doesn't have almost anything that revolution has (Nintendo franchises, innovative controller), they are only comparable in the generic stuff (they both generate graphics and sound) in which obviously the PS3 is a lot better.

Note that I'm not flaming the PS3, it's just that I don't see what your point is saying that it has all things revolution has, since the main 4 things that make the revolution (New innovative controller, Nintendo first-party titles, download old games, prolly cheaper price) are completely absent from PS3 for obvious reasons.

If we had to put the PS3 in a category, I would say it's the more mainstream console with probably the best graphics and by far the best third party support, and the most RPG's.

586589732[/snapback]

okay well you just changed my entire topic on what i was saying, the last topic was multimedia, now your getting into controllers games and what not.. thats fine and dandy you bring that up, so let me bring this up.. ps3 will suport playstation1, playstation 2 games, the controller final hasn't been revealed so who knows, and sonys first party titles are gonna be sweet, only thing that it wont offer is downloadable games (which is cool) but you cant just download a 500mb cd into the console :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure or atleast I hope Sony will release information regarding a release date of their PS3 before Dec 2nd. As if not I iwll just go a head and get a xbox 360. Only thing that could prevent me from getting a xbox 360 is that the Ps3 comes within the first 3 months of Xbox 360 release.

okay well you just changed my entire topic on what i was saying, the last topic was multimedia, now your getting into controllers games and what not.. thats fine and dandy you bring that up, so let me bring this up.. ps3 will suport playstation1, playstation 2 games, the controller final hasn't been revealed so who knows, and sonys first party titles are gonna be sweet, only thing that it wont offer is downloadable games (which is cool) but you cant just download a 500mb cd into the console  :rolleyes:

586589778[/snapback]

Sionce when will it support PS1? Link?

I heard it only supports PS2.

It supports both, it was at the conference that they announced that, they talked about the amazing volume of PS1 and PS2 games there are that the PS3 owners will be able to play (hehehe as if they are easily avaible to buy)

Well Fiddle My Sticks :o

Shame the PS3 won't accept any of the Memory Cars used for the PS1 and PS2 (even official ones), so unless there's some way to upload PS2 and PS1 saves from your Memory Stick, to your PC, and then get your Mem Stick on your PC, transfer the saves from your PC and onto your Mem Stick to play on the PS3 (if the file saves are accepted, of course, this is assuming), that's the only way you can play your PS1 and PS2 games while having your save files.

NO idea why they haven't got PS1 and PS2 mem card slots, I mean, they got sued for the controller, not their own patented mem card *rolls eyes*