[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Well, that's not as bad as when I read a post on a message board a couple of years ago when somebody claimed it costs GM about the same as buying a PS2 to make a car...

I can't speak for the cost of making cars from GM, but I used to work at this place 3 years ago that manufactured cars for Ford and total cost from the beginning of the assembly line to the end was $2,500. Products these days don't cost a lot to make but are sold for a right arm and left nut.

Everyone keeps talking about how expensive blu-ray is....that is how much it is NOW....give it a few months and all of their chipset production will go down in price...Nvidia will have already made newer cards by then and will probably have a great yield ...Sony isn't rushing like Microsoft did so I'm sure they will have plenty of products ready to be shipped....just look at how fast LCD/HDTV's have gone down in price recently

just give it a few months...

In a few months Blu-ray players still won't be out. And the announced prices we've seen will remain the same for at least 6-12 months after release.

think about macs and how expenive they are but people still buy them because they know what they are getting.

yeah the whole 3% percent of mac users compared to about the 94% that use a windows based pc

Just remember that analysts and sceptics were going absolutely mental about the predictions for the price of the PSP.

Yet it came out signficantly cheaper than all the stupid estimates. My prediction is $400 (well, no more than ?300 in UK terms) - just cos it'd be stupid to sell it at more than that when you've got a worthy competitor.

yeap... "we" cuz my pal threedaysdwn also works for MS but his job is far more interesting than what I do... :happy: :yes:

What you think Microsoft's Desktop Search technology is actually interesting??? :rofl:

Oh and analysts can say what the hell they want - unfortunately, if Sony release anywhere in Spring 2006, we'll never actually know if they intended to release in NA in Spring 2006.

yeah the whole 3% percent of mac users compared to about the 94% that use a windows based pc

your percentages dont even add up to 100 :huh: think about what you say before you post it. But back on topic- i believe this will not be the price of the PS3, like many of you have said Sony isnt stupid.

yeah bhav is right we wont ever know, im sure the same thing will happen with the ps3 that happened with the 360 as in the hype means that all the stock sells out instantly and then they wont get anymore for ages. anyway north america isnt what sony need to be worrying about, one christmas after the 360 isnt so bad but two years in europe is terrible, i can see the 360 gaining real ground :s

What you think Microsoft's Desktop Search technology is actually interesting??? :rofl:

yes, do you have a problem with that? :trout:

at least is waaaaaaaay more fun than SMS&P :wacko:

yes, do you have a problem with that? :trout:

at least is waaaaaaaay more fun than SMS&P :wacko:

I always thought you worked in the xbox department :alien:. I wonder where I got that idea.

I always thought you worked in the xbox department :alien:. I wonder where I got that idea.

god knows... :innocent:

anyways, what I do at work every day includes not only SMS&P but the whole MS line of products and services because of the region I'm covering. a few months ago I closed a $5 million deal worth of Xbox products... and no, I don't get a commission out that money... :cry: :pinch: :laugh: :p

BTW, I totaly love your wallpapers Ker. :drool: great work buddy! :yes:

your percentages dont even add up to 100 :huh: think about what you say before you post it. But back on topic- i believe this will not be the price of the PS3, like many of you have said Sony isnt stupid.

*cough*linux*cough*

They are jacking with you it is not going to cost 800, and if it does Sony will have a bunch of very unhappy gamers on their hands....As for HD-DVD on the xbox, an external HD DVD drive for the 360 will be released this year.

Thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. Someone should give this guy a friend or two to go outside and have a LIFE.

I guess by a life, you mean responding to and bashing other people's comments? Nah, that's not a life. :whistle:

Please, can you Microsoft employees stop with all this FUD? This constant advertising of 360/bashing of PS3 gets really annoying and actually makes me want to buy a PS3 instead. I know you have a lot of bias toward your company, but can't you just keep it civil and stop trying to shove the 360 down our throats in every thread you post in? Thank you.

This is the most ignorant comment I've ever read :no:

Why? Anyone that would happily pay $2000 for a gaming console that they don't even know any real details about is unbelievably absurd.