[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

I don't think it has been confirmed. People keep saying it is on then off then on then off, etc.

(Y)

it had been conformed

No it hasn't.

And where exactly have Reuters reported this? Can someone find a link?

I haven't seen this on any other gaming sites and "themagicbox" isn't exactly a reputable source. I'm taking this with a grain of salt till someone can actually identify the real reuters article.

im not too fussed about when the PS3 launches, I will definatly be getting one, but my Pc and my 360 are keeping me entertained nicely for now. If it takes anotehr 12 months ile be happy so long as they get it right.

And ffs sony, stop hogging all the best games :p

Yea and it will have Red-Ray drives with 2TB of data per disk and a Tri-Cell Processor. :whistle:

Indeed, built to compete against Xbox 720 with a 6 core 6Ghz PowerPC CPU, next gen ATI GPU with free Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic filtering, HDR, It will also feature a 10 pound Power supply and a last gen BD-Rom drive. LOL just kidding :p

I just beg it has more then the 8 games posted at Gamespot, otherwise I can damn well wait until 2007 thanks...

EDIT: Launch means were it initially launched, not every nation launch. While I hate to put a downer on things, it's still very possible for some territory (For example, Europe) could not get it until Q4 2006, or even Q1 2007.

I haven't seen this on any other gaming sites and "themagicbox" isn't exactly a reputable source. I'm taking this with a grain of salt till someone can actually identify the real reuters article.

If this is the same Magic Box I remember from way back (like in the late 90's) then it's a pretty reputable source. I used to go there all the time looking for news about the "Dural" (a.k.a Dreamcast) and they were spot on with a lot of stuff moreso than even commercial sites - even with some news items labeled as rumors.

But going back to the topic I hope they still plan on revealing something this month. The holiday season is well over with, so Sony doesn't have to worry so much about consumers losing interest in the PS2.

ummm yea...r u sure u got enough sleep? :huh:

My sony ps2 slimline crashed while I was playing ffx2 and i sold it on ebay because it didn't save my game = wasted time = waste of money = nintendo never crashed = good = ps3 will not receive my funds

My sony ps2 slimline crashed while I was playing ffx2 and i sold it on ebay because it didn't save my game = wasted time = waste of money = nintendo never crashed = good = ps3 will not receive my funds

holy sh@! man is your sig erm... allowed? it's a bit wide lol :huh:

I've not seen it before and your posting the link was very welcome..... Thanks.....

The PS3 is looking very good...... The visuals look a shade better than the decidedly avergae 360 visuals......

Let me tell you.... Despite there being a lot of whiny girls on Neowin who complain at posts that have been.....erm..... posted before and even sometimes (when suffering from PMT) declare in outrage that you should use the "flippin" search facility.... Remember, they are just girls, and you need not apologise to them..... And i've never seen a mod complain that something was posted before..... ;)

Peace!

I've not seen it before and your posting the link was very welcome..... Thanks.....

The PS3 is looking very good...... The visuals look a shade better than the decidedly avergae 360 visuals......

Let me tell you.... Despite there being a lot of whiny girls on Neowin who complain at posts that have been.....erm..... posted before and even sometimes (when suffering from PMT) declare in outrage that you should use the "flippin" search facility.... Remember, they are just girls, and you need not apologise to them..... And i've never seen a mod complain that something was posted before..... ;)

Peace!

LOL only on Neowin do you have to apologize for it *possibly* being old in the freaking title of the thread :pinch:

It looks ok though, nothing insane in my opinion

Peace!

You do realize the majority of those videos are representations of what PS3 games will look like right?

Hopefully they'll look as good as those videos.. But I wouldn't count on every single game living up to their respective videos level (look at the 360, some games lived up like Ghost Recon 3, Fight Night Round 3.. Others didn't aka Madden 06).

Can't wait to see what the games actually look like/play like. Hopefully they'll unveil ingame gameplay videos soon.

This confirmation will shut some people up I guess. Nice to hear that the spring launch is still on the way.

hardly, since sony don't really have the best of track records when it comes to telling truths, now, do they? :-)

To get back on topic, according to IBM's Cell dev team, a spring release is highly unlikely - at least if they plan to release the PS3 the way it was planned:

Pro-Linux.de, "Cell-CPU auf dem LinuxTag", 2005-06-25:

"Nachdem einer der Entwickler mit dem offensichtlichen Beta-Status des Produktes und dem Launch-Termin der PS3 konfrontiert wurde, lie? er sich interessante Informationen entlocken: Das Cell-Konsortium arbeitet immer noch an der Verbesserung der CPU, einzelne Prototypen sollen auch bei 2,8 GHz Takt stabil laufen - fertig ist man aber noch lange nicht. Allerdings glaubt auch er nicht, dass Sony die PS3 p?nktlich ver?ffentlichen kann. "

Rough translation:

"Questioned reagrding the PS3 releasedate, one of the developers mentioned that Cell won't be complete for quite some time, and only selected prototypes run stable at 2.8GHz. He also doesn't expect Sony to release the PS3 in time."