24 Season 5 Discussion

Did anybody else try connecting to that IP address that Jack gave chloe? It was Palmer's computer's ip address. I didn't get anything :( Usually in the past when they gave websites or ip addresses you could actually connect to it and play around with it.

Did anybody else try connecting to that IP address that Jack gave chloe? It was Palmer's computer's ip address. I didn't get anything :( Usually in the past when they gave websites or ip addresses you could actually connect to it and play around with it.

Whenever IPs appear on 24, there is always an octet above 255, so it won't work.

The only website they have mentioned (slyviaimports.com) worked, and the phone number they give out is always the same number, the 24 fan phone.

Did anybody else notice the look on Jack's face when he walked into Palmer's room and saw him lying there with a sheet over him? He stared at Palmer's right hand, the one with the scarring on it. I can't help but think this season's story has something to do with the attempted assassination on him that took place at the end of season 2. I could be wrong. I was just intrigued how they shot that scene. Any thoughts?

I'm surprised that no one here is ****ed off about the death of Michelle and Palmer. To me, these characters are just as important to the show as Jack is.

I'm surprised that no one here is ****ed off about the death of Michelle and Palmer. To me, these characters are just as important to the show as Jack is.

Not to mention that Michelle was hawt :p

I was definitely not expecting their deaths, and if anything, that's a good thing. I like TV shows to surprise me. :)

I wish Toyota forked up the money to remove the commercials during the premiere episode.

Oh I am REALLY ****ed off but hey, that's what makes the show so good. The fact that it is very unpredictable and it goes beyond what other crappy shows are willing to do is what keeps me glued to the screen.

They needed something big this season to top everything else as well as a way of writing off some characters that had been around for quite some time. Beleive it or not, there is only so much you can see of Palmer without seeing the same thing over and over. Same with Sherry, Michelle, etc..

Don't get my wrong, I am hugely disappointed but now it gives us even more reason to watch Jack kick everyone's ass! As much as I loved Palmer and Michelle, killing them was something that was close to being overdue for a show like this.

I don't know about you guys but I think the best actors on this show were Palmer (Denis Haysbert, the same guy who voices Sam Fischer's boss in Splinter Cell BTW) and Sherry. They were two high caliber actors that really played their parts well. That's just my $0.02... ;)

On the contrary, I was certainly surprised, it is those sort of unexpected events that separates 24 from other TV series.

What the heck is that black smoke????

.....oops! Wrong show. :blush:

a little lost? :p

i cant wait for tonights 24... only 2 hours to go! :)

Indeed Toyota is sponsering 24 this year. In the Season 5 prequel a toyotal logo shows up instead of the regular Ford. And all the cars have been Toyota.

I was dearly disappointed in the deaths of Palmer and Michelle, she was hot as hell. If they killed Tony I would've been even more angry cause I would have to see Tony and Jack together teaming up and taking everybody down. I really hope Tony comes back with a vengeance.

Tony's a beast on the show

Season 2: Jack beats him up / breaks his ankle

Season 3: Gets shot in the neck

Season 5: Gets caught in an explosion

pimp