24 Season 5 Discussion

One thing I found amusing was the computer terminal Tony used to check the status of Michelle. I loved how it flashed in big red letters, "DECEASED". And, to rub it in his face, the terminal then showed random pictures of her death. What was the next step, video and audio of her screaming

I like how it took forever to find what he was looking for. They can pull up building schematics from another server like THAT, but it takes almost a minute to find something on their own server.

Wow that was great two episodes...probably best ever. And to all that are saying you hope they are just asleep...you must have missed the preview for next week because buccannon said they lost 40% of their people.

EDIT: PS I really hope that Lynn is one of those dead.

Edited by supernova_00

Wow, this was an amazing episode. There hasn't been an episode matched in quality since season 2, which, by the way, is my favorite season of 24. Haha, I loved that "E" on everyone's screens during the evacuation. By the way, is Jack/Kiefer going bald?

Definately was an amazing episode... About him going bald, hes getting up there in years he better be starting to be going bald... But when you have really short hair like he does it exaggerates it quite a bit. Long hair covers your receeding hairline...

Just got this in email:

Top 58 facts about Jack Bauer

If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Jack Bauers calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.

Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer hates lemonade.

If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then it's beef.

Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because

Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

Jack Bauer once won a game of rock paper scissors using niether rock, paper nor scissors.

Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

Every mathematical inequality officially ends with "< Jack Bauer".

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

Jack Bauer removed the "Escape" button from his keyboard. Jack Bauer never needs to escape.

If Rosa Parks was in Jack Bauer's seat, she'd move to the back of the bus.

Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better do it.

Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.

When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

When Jack Bauer was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.

Jack Bauer arm once wrestled Superman. The stipulations were the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants.

Your attraction to Jack Bauer in no way affects your sexual orientation.

It is a known fact that when Time magazine awards "The Man of Year*", there is fine print on the bottom of the cover that says, " *besides Jack Bauer."

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What have you done with your life?

Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.

what the **** is wrong with chloe anyhow, she always has this like angry baby face thingy going on.

lmfao! I KNOW. she is so amazingly ugly to me it's not even funny... lmao angry baby face.. im in class right now and i just busted out laughing. :rofl:

Guys can you think of an episode (or two back-to-back episodes) that matched what we saw last night?

Although I haven't seen seasons 2 or 3 (I have seen 1, 4, and of course 5), I can't think of one off the top of my head.

lmao @ the evil computer terminal mocking that guy by showing random pictures of his wifes death with big flashing red "DECEASED" text. that was hilarious.

(as also stated earlier by viserov)

Guys can you think of an episode (or two back-to-back episodes) that matched what we saw last night?

Although I haven't seen seasons 2 or 3 (I have seen 1, 4, and of course 5), I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I think the one that David Fury wrote this season, I think the 5th or 6th one in that was really great because of the writing. Another episode awile back ago, but this season has been the best since S1. If it keeps going it will defintely be rated as the first.

I can. The episode where Walt Cummings gets busted by Jack. "It's equivalent to a coup d'?tat."

just seen the preview to next weeks and for those who have seen it can read

who is gonna make that decision and what do you think it could be?

kim looked hot last night :shifty:

what kind of sealing is that? did you see those metalic plates coming down the wall? why did it stop half way?

it only covered half the glasses..

maybe its to see who is inside...the sealing just looks like some black rubber stuff like normal stuff maybe but strengthed?...i'd get it looked at if it falls apart :shifty:

Didn't look too safe, apparently it's supposed to break down or something in the next episode.

There should have been at least some vomit and convulsions if they are sticking to the fact that they hit ctu with nerve gas. They could throw that junk with Edgar and the others on sesame street and it wouldnt even scare the little children. As far as Im concerned it looks like the sandman attacked ctu and put everyone to sleep. I have to hold out some hope as to something else to explain the crappy scene.

Exposure to high concentrations of nerve gas causes immediate unconsciousness, blockade of output from the parts of the CNS that tell you to breathe, and widespread muscle paralysis. So they essentially die immediately from respiratory failure. I think the scene may not have been unrealistic in that they weren't exhibiting dramatic convulsions and vomiting.

What was unrealistic was the fact that Edgar was able to walk through the room that was contaminated and stare at Chloe for some time before he was affected by the gas. But you can't blame them for throwing in a little teary drama.

What was unrealistic was the fact that Edgar was able to walk through the room that was contaminated

but you have to keep in mind the size of edgar- (dont have anything against fat people) but the time it took the gases to get into edgars lungs was probably longer than the skinny ladies falling over...

but then it was all cool with the scene between chloe and edgar.. :/

but you have to keep in mind the size of edgar- (dont have anything against fat people) but the time it took the gases to get into edgars lungs was probably longer than the skinny ladies falling over...

but then it was all cool with the scene between chloe and edgar.. :/

Not only that, but from what was said in the show, ventalation began at the edges of the building and worked it's way to the core. Edgar was in the core so he would be safe till the last few moments.

Just incase anyone wants to try and figure out who Jack is carrying in the next episode, I made a nose chart...

who then? :s

edit: my theory about the canisters in CTU was correct wasnt it :D