24 Season 5 Discussion

I'm going unspoiled now, but anyone believe Martha is the top?

Naw, that would be too big of a twist. I mean she's too good of a person to do all of that. For her to do a complete 180 would be a huge twist of her character. Although I wouldn't put it past the writers to do something like that.

But on the VP vs the P being the mastermind...it looks like the writers played you all for suckers since the P is obviously the mastermind and not someone like Henderson. I mean obviously the P was ordering Henderson around the on phone. All the indecisiveness was to cover up his plans (whatever those may be).

They had me really convicenced it was the VP. This is 24 i should have known better they were going to pull something like that and have it be the Pres.

Just saw the episode... Hmmm not sure what to think right now, but like the rest of you the 'twist' confuses me... it seems so inconsistent... oh well, its 24, anything can happen!

Just saw the episode... Hmmm not sure what to think right now, but like the rest of you the 'twist' confuses me... it seems so inconsistent... oh well, its 24, anything can happen!

Anyone else feel that 24 just jumped the shark with yesterday's episode? I don't know...I just found myself thinking "whatever" at the end

Exactly, I am not at all convinced that it is really the President. I think he is being controlled by someone else...we have already seen this to be very possible by his earlier actions.

Exactly, I am not at all convinced that it is really the President. I think he is being controlled by someone else...we have already seen this to be very possible by his earlier actions.

I don't think the President is being controlled by anyone, he may not be the mastermind for the whole plan, but he probably is a willing participant. All the past event showed how easily he can be convinced to do something if its suits his agenda. Henderson think he is a patriot, the president probably bought into his philosphy.

So if the P is behind it, why did Logan go off on Cummings early in the season when Logan found out about the plot?

As an aside, I for some reason thought Evelyn was lying and actually behind the plot herself. And what IS in Jack's bag? Not to say he doesn't look badass running with it. I want one, now. :(

Warning: Mega Spoiler. Surprise ending for this season is ruined here. Beware.

There is some type of mysterious alien species controlling the president. They have been infiltrating starfleet the united states government since the 90's and are present in all of the top people in the government. Now they're finally ready to start their plan to gain control of the world. they just need to gain control of picard Bauer.

So if the P is behind it, why did Logan go off on Cummings early in the season when Logan found out about the plot?

As an aside, I for some reason thought Evelyn was lying and actually behind the plot herself. And what IS in Jack's bag? Not to say he doesn't look badass running with it. I want one, now. :(

those bags are no fashionable due to jack bauer having one...I want one as well...seems like they can make millions from 24 :shifty:

Warning: Mega Spoiler. Surprise ending for this season is ruined here. Beware.

There is some type of mysterious alien species controlling the president. They have been infiltrating starfleet the united states government since the 90's and are present in all of the top people in the government. Now they're finally ready to start their plan to gain control of the world. they just need to gain control of picard Bauer.

lol lol...

every part now has some kind of twist... this really took a big turn... i knew the P couldnt be that much of a idiot... he played it well tho... but i really thought it was the VP... whats up his bum with CTU then?

is it me or last episode's terroist is still unconscious? (sp?) or is he dead? I just thought of this now. Cause right now with Henderson escaped and now Jack really has no leads. :wacko:

is it me or last episode's terroist is still unconscious? (sp?) or is he dead? I just thought of this now. Cause right now with Henderson escaped and now Jack really has no leads. :wacko:

If I remember correctly, they were bringing him into CTU, but that part was covered in the first few minutes of the episode.

and Mike...where is it? and about Bierko hes going to CTU but with CTU controlled by Homeland....i dont know....one thing i'm sure i never like p. Logan

This Homeland crap is what makes the P/VP situation so confusing. The VP is pushing for Homeland to take control of CTU, but supposedly the P is a player in the attacks? Theres something much larger going on, perhaps both the P/VP are involved, but they don't know the other one is.

Yup, they're going to take a while because Jack and the gang used a helicopter to get there in however minutes, so it'll probably take much more time.

Fact: Jack Bauer teleported at the end of one episode when they picked up Collette, to the beginning of the next episode, where Jack is now AT CTU. It was about 3 minutes.

Fact: Curtis started heading back to CTU about 10 minutes after the hour started. He's not back yet.

:laugh:

Ridiculous. Remember, martial law is in effect so there shouldn't be any other cars on the road. Even IF Curtis didn't use the helicopter they went in with, they shouldn't take that long to get back. There's too many weird holes like this in 24.

This Homeland crap is what makes the P/VP situation so confusing. The VP is pushing for Homeland to take control of CTU, but supposedly the P is a player in the attacks? Theres something much larger going on, perhaps both the P/VP are involved, but they don't know the other one is.

Or the president told the VP to shutdown CTU. Doesn't mean the VP knows something bigger is going on. He could be just following orders.

Although the VP sounds like someone with his own agenda, not like someone who will blindly follow orders.

Damn it 24 for being so confusing!

audrey needs to call her dad and have homeland removed from ctu!

About the whole p/vp thing..I still doubt that the president can be behind all of this. As someone else mentioned he went off on cummings earlier, why would he have done that if he was in on it too? My guess is that henderson gave P some sort of offer/deal and he took it, becuase logan NEVER thinks things through. If someone gives him some advice he takes it no matter what, then someone gives him other advice and he will take that and do it right away. I.E. the sentox in the mall situation and marshall law. Also, if the P was in on it, couldn't he have made it easier on the terrorists to deploy the sentox? They had to kill the guards and cops and steal their car....

audrey needs to call her dad and have homeland removed from ctu!

About the whole p/vp thing..I still doubt that the president can be behind all of this. As someone else mentioned he went off on cummings earlier, why would he have done that if he was in on it too? My guess is that henderson gave P some sort of offer/deal and he took it, becuase logan NEVER thinks things through. If someone gives him some advice he takes it no matter what, then someone gives him other advice and he will take that and do it right away. I.E. the sentox in the mall situation and marshall law. Also, if the P was in on it, couldn't he have made it easier on the terrorists to deploy the sentox? They had to kill the guards and cops and steal their car....

wouldn't it have made sense to act like you were suprised if part of your operation was uncovered...it threw all of us off of any suspicion of him.