24 Season 5 Discussion

Okay, another episode in the can, and I still am asking... "Where is Curtis?!"

Hmm, was the last time we saw Curtis after the gas plant exploded? If so, wasn't he taking Bierko to CTU? If he made it there, he was probably sent home with the rest of CTU.

here's an interesting observation.

It appears as if this season of 24 is turning into a 'RoboCop' reunion.

We already have Peter Weller (Alex Murphy from RoboCop) playing Christopher Henderson. Everyone knows that. A smaller segment of fans realize that VP Gardner is played by Ray Wise, who played the role of Leon Nash in RoboCop.

Now, from the preview of next week, I think another RoboCop star is about to join the fray. Check out this grab from the preview (brightened to show detail):

post-20217-1145374049.gif

Now, I might be wrong, but that guy looks a hell of a lot like Paul McCrane, who played Emil Antonowsky in RoboCop (he's the one that blew up the gas station, and later got splashed with ooze and turned into a mutant, only to get smashed by RoboCop's car). Here's a pic of him as a doctor on E.R.

post-20217-1145374169.gif

Eh? Eh? Three stars from RoboCop, all in the same season of 24...coincidence?

SOB Prolly got his wife killed, what an ######...BTW did u see Audrey go 'Bad' :D?

Amazing, lol. I love Audrey lol. Which probably means she'll be dead by the end of the season or something, they always kill the characters people like :'(

Hmm, was the last time we saw Curtis after the gas plant exploded? If so, wasn't he taking Bierko to CTU? If he made it there, he was probably sent home with the rest of CTU.

I wonder if we'll see either of those two again in the season.

I wonder if we'll see either of those two again in the season.

Possible, although Bierko doesn't seem to have a purpose now since the whole plan is pretty much out in the open. Curtis could possibly help Jack take down the President, but even he isn't necessary right now.

Jack and a few people use the Samsung "Blade" from sprint. I know because I have it and always think about it everytime I see them using it. its the Samsung A-900

Yah, that phone is so cool I had to order one last night. It will be here on Friday. ;)

Well, I've been trying to figure it out. Season 1 aired in 2001 and took place in 2001. If you add in the gaps between each season, I think it adds up to 2007 or 2009.

Well, I've been trying to figure it out. Season 1 aired in 2001 and took place in 2001. If you add in the gaps between each season, I think it adds up to 2007 or 2009.

I think the writers are avoiding pinning the show to a specific date. I want to say that in earlier seasons they would say "The following takes place between X AM and Y AM on June 14th" or some such, but even then I don't think they gave a year.

I think each season is supposed to take place in "current day". the fact that the gap between seasons "in-show" and in reality don't match up isn't really of much consequence.

I think the writers are avoiding pinning the show to a specific date. I want to say that in earlier seasons they would say "The following takes place between X AM and Y AM on June 14th" or some such, but even then I don't think they gave a year.

I think each season is supposed to take place in "current day". the fact that the gap between seasons "in-show" and in reality don't match up isn't really of much consequence.

the only clarification i remember is season 1: "on the day of the presidential primary"

the only clarification i remember is season 1: "on the day of the presidential primary"

Yeah; they haven't clarified in any of the other "days." I don't even think that they mention the date on any of the seasons other than the first.

Yeah; they haven't clarified in any of the other "days." I don't even think that they mention the date on any of the seasons other than the first.

Well if day 1 was presidential primary, then season 3 was a few months before the next primaries after that one. I'd say it was late summer... so if palmer completed his 4 year cycle, we are in the cycle afer that.. I think the have mentioned this season that primaries are next year? so that'd make it like 7 years from day1

So what happened to Evelyn and her daughter? Did I miss that part? All I saw was Henderson walking in and the girl screaming and then Henderson later in his car telling Logan he knows where Jack is. I'm sure he killed them and I guess it was better not to show that but still... leaves you wondering. And I think it is kinda dangerous for Heller to be confronting Logan. I would be sure that I had some security with me or something. And anyone think it was awesome when Heller told his aid we need to make a stop in Los Angeles and keep it off the books? I thought that was sweet.

Just watched that ep. Still need to watch episode 18.

I've liked this season so far but there are some odd things. Jack risked his life to take bierko and we have no news from him. I mean, we know he's just a crazy angry russian who wanted revenge, and has nothing to do with logan, but still... and evelyN!? =( Poor woman. I'm sure she and her daughter are dead, just like behrooz last season... they just dissapear.

This canister thing was kinda good when they hit ctu, but after that many hours trying to prevent the attack, it seemed like they stopped the gas station attack so easily, and jack almost dies for nothing...

Anyway... we still have like 6 episodes to go, and for the first time since season1, the threat is ON jack, without any known threat to civilians right now. I want to see some jack-kicking-logans-butt action. Let's not forget that

palmer, tony, and michelle were killed because of this non-sense, he's gotta take revenge! They didnt make any emphasis on tonys dead anyway, that buggs me too, but I'm sure there will be justice. I almost cried when edgar died too... loved the silent beep. I'm more worried about chloe and audrey... will they be alive by the end of the season? They have pretty much killed every important character from past seasons.

Jack for president!

Regarding tony's death, you don't know...they might cook up something like something u've never heard of where his body stops and he seems dead but he isn't? or they recovered him because the no silent clock for Tony was a fishy thing. My guess is Audrey will die and Chloey will die too...

Also, I have a feeling we'll be introduced to a new secret soon or a new character, or maybe a character from the past.

BTW, Anyone think that German intelligence guy might be back for another season? Like season 6 or 7 where he tries to get back at jack for what he did, I am guessing they'll make it so Germany did something to him and he wants revenge. Now that I think about it, what if he is involved in this?

.. and evelyN!? =( Poor woman. I'm sure she and her daughter are dead, just like behrooz last season... they just dissapear.

Behrooz(sp?) didn't die last season. Check TV.com or I think its on the S4 DVDs but there is a deleted scene of Curtis rescuing him.

Behrooz(sp?) didn't die last season. Check TV.com or I think its on the S4 DVDs but there is a deleted scene of Curtis rescuing him.

Maybe Curtis is saving them now :shiftyninja:

Damn, lol. I have S4 DVDs, but forgot to watch those deleted scenes. I'll check it out later.

Regarding tony's death, you don't know...they might cook up something like something u've never heard of where his body stops and he seems dead but he isn't? or they recovered him because the no silent clock for Tony was a fishy thing. My guess is Audrey will die and Chloey will die too...

Also, I have a feeling we'll be introduced to a new secret soon or a new character, or maybe a character from the past.

BTW, Anyone think that German intelligence guy might be back for another season? Like season 6 or 7 where he tries to get back at jack for what he did, I am guessing they'll make it so Germany did something to him and he wants revenge. Now that I think about it, what if he is involved in this?

The german guy? If he's an agent then he sucks, 6 months with that slut and he couldn't figure she had something to do with the day's events?

As for tony/michelle/palmer, I think that they were simply not renewing them.. and instead of simply "Not appearing", they made whole season revolve around their deads. Tony's death was "bleh", and two episodes with silent ticks would've been weird.

I think the president and henderson had something else planned for today, in case the canisters thing failed. Think about it. If you are certain that those canisters won't leave the country, then you simply give up, eliminate any proof, and live your life. But they are still planning something, I'm sure!

It'd be awesome if the Chinese learned of Jack's return and if the last few minutes of season 5 they declared war and started attacking the U.S. Then, cut to black... end of season.

Now that would be some ballsy television.