24 Season 5 Discussion

Man the music this season kicks ass. And it looks like next weeks will too..

Yeah the music they used in the end when Chloe started messing with the server was kick-ass for the whole end part. Music is such a big part of TV shows now adays!

Hellar takes down Logan. Hellar is the new President. :laugh:

well.. in order for that to happen he would have to kill of the VP, possibly some of his fellow cabinet members, and possibly the Speaker of the House :rofl:

Well, actually the VP would be. Heller would have to knock out the VP and 4 other people to become President :laugh:

Wonder how that would work too.

I doubt the president would resign, so the only way he could lose his powers is by either death (which with Jack on the loose, we can't rule that out!) or by congress impeaching him (which given the time constraints, is impossible).

One other possibility:

http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-...ents_11-27.html

Amendment 25, Section 4:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

If the VP can convince the cabinent that the president is unfit for duty, this is probably the most viable option outside of the president's actual death.

Warning: Semi-Super Spoiler.

Not for this season but maybe for others.

Don't read.

Then again, you'll probably hear about it... for those speculating whether or not Jack will die.. He signed a 3 year deal on the show apparently worth at least $40 million...

link

Hmmm.

So it looks like Jack lives for a few more seasons at least. But then they could still kill him I guess...

His wife will shoot him when she finds out what has happened...

I'd be worried more that she may castrate him. You don't mess with her!

I'd be worried more that she may castrate him. You don't mess with her!

unless, of course, the writers add in another ultra twist, making her the mastermind behind all this- and the ruler of china.

then, in season 7, it is revealed that jack is actually an android.

an android modeled after a clone of the original jack that died in the civil war.

Tonight's episode was awesome.

For the longest time, I just thought the President Logan was an idiot. I never thought he was in charge of the whole plot.

I can't wait for the next two episodes. This show rocks!! You might remember, I wrote saying that the show was a bit too predicatble. I eat my words. No pictures of me printing a piece of paper, and actually doing though!

Tonight's episode was awesome.

For the longest time, I just thought the President Logan was an idiot. I never thought he was in charge of the whole plot.

I can't wait for the next two episodes. This show rocks!! You might remember, I wrote saying that the show was a bit too predicatble. I eat my words. No pictures of me printing a piece of paper, and actually doing though!

Meh, I always figured Logan was in some way connected, possibly at the top. The past couple episodes confirmed my suspicions.

awesome episode...sux that bank dude died though...either way, I too am looking forward to Heller confronting Logan. I am just glad that Heller is not in on it, at first from his reactions I thought he might be.

awesome episode...sux that bank dude died though...either way, I too am looking forward to Heller confronting Logan. I am just glad that Heller is not in on it, at first from his reactions I thought he might be.

Am I the only one that think that Heller is in the conspiracy as well. The way the story is set up, it seems that the VP is the only good guy in the political circle.

Am I the only one that think that Heller is in the conspiracy as well. The way the story is set up, it seems that the VP is the only good guy in the political circle.

I gotta agree on that one, Heller doesn't look so clean to me this season. One thing that caught my mind is when Audrey mentioned that he was in Japan, I am wondering if that's true or not. Could he have been in China instead?

Wonder how that would work too.

I doubt the president would resign, so the only way he could lose his powers is by either death (which with Jack on the loose, we can't rule that out!) or by congress impeaching him (which given the time constraints, is impossible).

One other possibility:

http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-...ents_11-27.html

Amendment 25, Section 4:

If the VP can convince the cabinent that the president is unfit for duty, this is probably the most viable option outside of the president's actual death.

They used amendment 25 in season 2, I believe. The VP got President Palmer to step down briefly.

I liked Chloe's retort to that Homeland Security guy when he came looking for her :lol:

I think what she said was good, but she still acted guilty walking out of the bathroom when he first saw her. Then again, maybe she did some real damage in there since she's so up tight.

I think what she said was good, but she still acted guilty walking out of the bathroom when he first saw her. Then again, maybe she did some real damage in there since she's so up tight.

No, I think it was just Chloe acting like Chloe. She always has that same tone and akward look on her face.

The way it is set now, the logic consequence is Logan's wife will shoot him because she was fooled by him so many times and so deeply. He deserves to die instead of living longer.

Also, the secretary will not be able to bring Logan down, either VP.

Heller is awesome, I doubt he'd have anything to do with this. Which means he's probably involved. I can outthink those 24 writers...

And, yes, the bank owner's death was more than predictable.

Is it me or does Chole come off as a nasty bitch. Always saying things like " go away i'm busy " if said to me i would slap her :rofl: