Sony PS3 RSX GPU still in development

Which was a pre-rendered video, rendered before E3. Pre-rendered games aside the actual ingame screenshots on x360 looked better.

585970655[/snapback]

You did see FFVII Tech Demo correct? That looks amazing! The duck thing showed off alot but you probably just don't understand. Both systems are looking incredible and at this time there is no way to determine a winner. I suggest you stop saying one system is better than the other when nothing has really been shown on the actual hardware.

*no comment* :sleep:

585970660[/snapback]

*no comment* :sleep:

585970902[/snapback]

Orangesoul, we all get it. No need to comment on the same post with the same exactly reply twice in less than an hour.

:pinch:

but hey, it's always good to see yet another ps3/xbox360 bickering match. whoopee doo!

Orangesoul, we all get it.  No need to comment on the same post with the same exactly reply twice in less than an hour.

:pinch:

but hey, it's always good to see yet another ps3/xbox360 bickering match.  whoopee doo!

585970926[/snapback]

why do you think OrangeSoul posts all the articles he does? So him and all his xbox fanboys can come bash Sony... :rolleyes:

why do you think OrangeSoul posts all the articles he does?  So him and all his xbox fanboys can come bash Sony...  :rolleyes:

585970932[/snapback]

oh, i know. that was the general theme of the post.

I don't get all the bashing. Assuming you're not, like, 12, then just get a job and buy both systems. I've got all three systems for this generation, and I'm gonna be getting all three for the next generation (Not a huge Nintendo fan anymore, but SSB at launch for Revolution pretty much clinches it).

okay, so basicly the g5 towers that microsoft was being used at e3 is something to talk about. it was a x800 setup. Only game that look good and i know for a fact is actually best looking is gears of war.. but let me reframe from this, the epic guy who is manning the unreal 3 engine, said that a 6200 could run any unreal 3 game, a 6800 ultra would run it fine at or above 1024x768. He also said the game engine graphics improve for next gen pcs graphics card. So really gears of war is REALLY nothing to be bragging about. now on topic with this discussion, 2 6800 ultras is least 10 times faster than my current pc, also the fact that epic game leader said that unreal 3 would run on low as a 6200 that is amazing.. So basicly the final version of the rsx will be nice im thinking probly upwards 3 x 6800ultra.

Wow this thread's ridiculous. We couldn't even go 3 replies deep without trying to compare it to the Xbox with fanboy flame.

But since it's already been done...

Tech demos are just that, tech demos, just as ATi used the R520 tech demo to demonstrate the chip in the 360. The PS3 is still in development, we don't know how more powerful/less powerful the final will be

Joy, we can look forward to Metal Gear Solid 4/5/6, GT 6/7/8, etc....

All which will be fun games :) I can't think of any new series on the 360, besides Gears of War, that anyone's excited about. People get excited when they hear about a sequel coming to a game they love.

There is no way in hell Halo 2 rivals UT2k4.

He didn't say that...

I don't get all the bashing. Assuming you're not, like, 12, then just get a job and buy both systems. I've got all three systems for this generation, and I'm gonna be getting all three for the next generation (Not a huge Nintendo fan anymore, but SSB at launch for Revolution pretty much clinches it).

Exact same way I am (Y)

585970957[/snapback]

I concur, I have all 3 current systems on a tower on my desk right now. :) Why not just buy all 3 that way you can play whatever game you want, and don't get sucked into a fanboyism. ;)

I can't believe people haven't started going after OrangeSoul more. He starts these posts just to incite aggression and promote the Xbox 360.

OrangeSoul is the poster child of a 'fan boy'.

I can't believe people haven't started going after OrangeSoul more. He starts these posts just to incite aggression and promote the Xbox 360.

OrangeSoul is the poster child of a 'fan boy'.

585971106[/snapback]

he was actually banned once during the first years of the ps2 gc xbox battle, yet he does ont even own an xbox :yes:

how could this possibly be a negative? they can still take advantages of newer technologies to give the latest available to the end user, where the xbox is froze

X360 does n ot use R500 or R520 archtecure. the G5 towers uses current X 850 ATI card technolagy. What is in the X360 is somthing ATI has worked on for it for over 2years or so and is not based at all on any Pc card based platform they have created but is based on Its own Seperate platform and technolagy and API

why do you think OrangeSoul posts all the articles he does?  So him and all his xbox fanboys can come bash Sony...  :rolleyes:

585970932[/snapback]

Whats funny though is how he abandons his threads as soon as he gets 1) proven wrong, or 2) sony looks better.

There is no way in hell Halo 2 rivals UT2k4.

I have both and i don't think i have played UT2k4 for almost a year and i play Halo 2 online just about every day. But to each and each their own.

At what cost ? Last I heard was that Sony was going to price the PS3 at a very low price point, I can only see them cutting corners to achieve that rather than increasing the speeds.

I'm sure 90% of the gamers will appreciate a lower price point while only 10% might be interested in a slightly more powerful console. I believe Sony will concentrate on the games side of things like they did with the PS2.

585970679[/snapback]

Fine, at what cost? Same can be said about XBox. They are going to cut corners where possible, but they are coming out after XBox so they will have something at least as powerful as the XBox.

And where do you get those numbers with the second post. Most poeple want both, that's how stupid most people are. I sure hope that Sony concentrates on the games, that what I loved about PS2. Did MS have anything for the XBox that wasn't games? Not counting the hacks either. You could replace PS3 with the word XBox360 and you could still make an argument, but then Microsoft wouldn't be getting you that bigger penis that you think they are going to deliver to you. :laugh:

Still all that said, it's really about the games. After that initial wow factor, the graphics really don't matter that much. I've never played a PS2 game and quit playing or had any less fun playing because of the graphics. I've quit playing games cause they sucked for other reasons though.

Still all that said, it's really about the games.  After that initial wow factor, the graphics really don't matter that much.  I've never played a PS2 game and quit playing or had any less fun playing because of the graphics.  I've quit playing games cause they sucked for other reasons though.

585972976[/snapback]

Yeah... i've been saying that all along... I mean for christs sake i'm still playing SNES games... We all know SNES had the UB3R 1337 GRAFIKZ! Some people cough..xboxfanboys..cough... think that graphics make the game.

Fine, at what cost?  Same can be said about XBox.  They are going to cut corners where possible, but they are coming out after XBox so they will have something at least as powerful as the XBox.

585972976[/snapback]

How did Xbox get into this argument ? Nobody claimed that Xbox 360 WILL be more powerful when its out, only the PS3 fanboys are claiming that it will be faster to which I asked AT WHAT COST.

Simple as that. You did not provide any argument in this case.

Sony will target most of the market which cares about price rather than making it 10-20% faster which will be noticed by a small minority.

^ still havent responded to my post. I could say the same about you :rofl:

585972950[/snapback]

Thought it was handled by others pretty well, but I'll give it a go.

The PS3 comes out a good 6 months after 360. That time alone gives technology time to drop in price. Regardless of blatent fanboyism on this board, it would only be logical to assume that those extra 6 months are going towards further development of the hardware.

The differing architectures and the differing timeframes for the two consoels will set them apart when it comes to performance. That is why I am putting my money on Sony having a more powerful system. (not to say that will matter in the end).

How did Xbox get into this argument ? Nobody claimed that Xbox 360 WILL be more powerful when its out, only the PS3 fanboys are claiming that it will be faster to which I asked AT WHAT COST.

Simple as that. You did not provide any argument in this case.

Sony will target most of the market which cares about price rather than making it 10-20% faster which will be noticed by a small minority.

585973046[/snapback]

nobody you say? Try the starter of this thread, yes.

Thought it was handled by others pretty well, but I'll give it a go.

The PS3  comes out a good 6 months after 360. That time alone gives technology time to drop in price. Regardless of blatent fanboyism on this board, it would only be logical to assume that those extra 6 months are going towards further development of the hardware.

The differing architectures and the differing timeframes for the two consoels will set them apart when it comes to performance. That is why I am putting my money on Sony having a more powerful system. (not to say that will matter in the end).

585973237[/snapback]

Again side stepping my question. The logic of PS3 coming out after Xbox 360 automatically means it is faster is a dumb one, why ? Because following that logic, Revolution should be the most powerful console of the three, right ?

nobody you say? Try the starter of this thread, yes.

585973242[/snapback]

I just read this entire thread again, he did not bring Xbox 360 in this thread. Can you back your statement ?

Again side stepping my question. The logic of PS3 coming out after Xbox 360 automatically means it is faster is a dumb one, why ? Because following that logic, Revolution should be the most powerful console of the three, right ?

I just read this entire thread again, he did not bring Xbox 360 in this thread. Can you back your statement ?

585973276[/snapback]

I never said he claimed it to be more powerful in THIS thread. I know you have seen his other threads dealing with the claims of the 360's dominance over the PS3.

I am not side-stepping it because no one is aware of the Revolutions power, so yea, it could be the most powerful. Always a possibility.

Again, the difference in architecture is the biggest sign that the consoles could differ in power and not price. Unless you want to do a part my part price listing of the 360 and PS3, I think you are going to have a hard time backing up any claim that there isn't a strong possibility that the PS3 could be a similar (or same) price as the 360 yet be more powerful.

Really?  That's surprising... Halo is the only game on xbox that I semi-enjoyed playing... And I think the game is wayyy over-rated...

585970759[/snapback]

Indeed, i played Halo but it was as generic as the rest of them and nothing like what the hype said it would be (the flood especially got on my nerves), Halo2 more of the same with crappy graphics/framerate.

585970767[/snapback]

indeed Halo's (1& 2) single player is like any other "aliens attack, kill them all...earth saved" game. What set Halo apart is its multiplayer. If you never tried it, try joining a lan party of Halo 1 or for best experience Halo2 on xbox Live. The Live experience is absolutely amazing.

But still I liked Halo'2 single player for

+ a good average game that is fun to play and can played repeatedly for the fun factor (try legendary mode)

+ you can carry only 2 weapons at a time...which adds to the challenge although very minor.

++ witty dialogues between Master Chief & Cortana and good cinematics.

+++ the best OST for any game I've played till date. the background music goes so well alongwith the game that I actually started loving it. It picks up pace and slows down as per the action (sometimes provides clues). Halo2's music is 2nd only to Halo's.

I am not side-stepping it because no one is aware of the Revolutions power, so yea, it could be the most powerful. Always a possibility.

Again, the difference in architecture is the biggest sign that the consoles could differ in power and not price. Unless you want to do a part my part price listing of the 360 and PS3, I think you are going to have a hard time backing up any claim that there isn't a strong possibility that the PS3 could be a similar (or same) price as the 360 yet be more powerful.

585973288[/snapback]

Revolution wont be as powerful as Xbox 360 or PS3, they pretty much admitted that.

I am not comparing Xbox 360 & PS3 prices. All I'm saying is that Sony will have to cut corners (either on price or features or performance) if they plan to hit the market within the next 5 months. Its always a trade-off.

Me personally i am not taking side for anything, like i said, we shall wait and see, and when they all come out, then we can judge.