Halo 3 Next June?

According to an updated listing on GameStop, Halo 3 will be released next June. This product page shows the third installment in the Halo series scheduled for release on June 1st, 2006.

But before you start counting the days, GameStop warns you that ?price, release date, content and title are subject to change and/or cancellation by vendor.? We don?t expect Microsoft to cancel the game but definitely to set a release date different from that appearing on GameStop.

This new retail listing follows Bill Gates? comments on the Halo 3 release date. In an interview with the Time magazine, Gates claimed Microsoft will release the third installment of Halo just in time for the launch of the PlayStation 3. It could be possible that GameStop created this new record based on Gates? comments.

It is also worth mentioning that the product page lists the game as selling for $59.99.

halo3_masterchief.jpg

No, this is not an in-game screen, it is just a picture of a Master Chief statue from Studio Oxmox.

Source: TeamXbox

Screenshot from GameStop in case they take i;)down... ;)

halo38xi.png

No, that's not the release date. Websites often just put up either the 1st or the 15th of the month for a release date just to put something on there.

It's already been announced that MS wants Halo 3 to be released on the same day as the Playstation 3. Whether this happens or not, we won't know, but with the PS3 being released in Spring 2006, I'd say to be looking for April as a potential release date for Halo 3.

Gates has already confirmed that Halo 3 is going to come out in the same time period (if not the same day) as the PS3.

Note to all people here: Dont use video game retailer sites as a source for release dates.

Well considering the number of delays Halo 2 got, I doubt we'll be seeing it by then.

586001429[/snapback]

its was delayed because they were working on both versions (Halo2 and Halo3) at the same time, Halo3 will surpass its previous counterparts on any way you can imagine. so, you can pretty much say that the work done at the time was creating a consistent story line, creation and debugging of the game engine (based on current hardware), world, weapons, vehicles and character creation and some other stuff that is time consuming. all this advance can be then applied when the alpha kits arrive and the process continues on polishing textures, game play and so on the beta stage; once final hardware arrives the remaining part is easier because of all the work done before and helping them to match deadlines to deliver the game in time for the spring season of 2006. :happy: ;) :yes:

There bring a little mean with releaseing it around the same time as the PS3, don't you think?

There bring a little mean with releaseing it around the same time as the PS3, don't you think?

586002286[/snapback]

NO, it's all about money and competition in the business world. That's obvious.

I don't think that it will come out when the PS3 will come out. They will have some sort of delay as always....

586002261[/snapback]

what makes you so certain that there will be any big delay on its release? :ninja: :rolleyes: :shifty: :whistle: ;)

they should worry about releasing xbox 360 instead of games for it like halo 3.

586002274[/snapback]

they are, that's why MS is a corporation. they have several teams working on all that kind of stuff at the same. besides, Bungie is a game studio part of MSGS and they're not part of the Xbox 360 platform team. :happy: :yes:

586002286[/snapback]

yeap, its called payback... :devil: :pinch: :happy: :laugh: :rofl: ;) :rolleyes: :shifty: :whistle:

what makes you so certain that there will be any big delay on its release?  :ninja:  :rolleyes:  :shifty:  :whistle:  ;)

they are, that's why MS is a corporation. they have several teams working on all that kind of stuff at the same. besides, Bungie is a game studio part of MSGS and they're not part of the Xbox 360 platform team.  :happy:  :yes:

yeap, its called payback...  :devil:  :pinch:  :happy:  :laugh:  :rofl:  ;)  :rolleyes:  :shifty:  :whistle:

586002321[/snapback]

LOL! so true, I was reading that Time mag. I started laugh that there just the mean to put any body threw that but meh its only Sony...*Sreams of having a 62 inch sony flat screen HDT wide screen tv*

If they rush Halo 3 to match the PS3 launch date, I'm going to be p!ssed. They need to release it whenever it's completely ready, not release it whenever they can. I do not want a half-baked product released.

they should worry about releasing xbox 360 instead of games for it like halo 3.

586002274[/snapback]

man.. they are totally seperate the hardware and the software development... Maybe they talk between eachother but just cuz they are making Halo 3 does not mean sh't about them concentrating on XBOX360

If they rush Halo 3 to match the PS3 launch date, I'm going to be p!ssed. They need to release it whenever it's completely ready, not release it whenever they can. I do not want a half-baked product released.

586002387[/snapback]

they have been in development of Halo 3 while Halo 2 is being developed. They have been working a while on it...

they have been in development of Halo 3 while Halo 2 is being developed. They have been working a while on it...

586002412[/snapback]

That doesn't mean anything.. A game can still be in development for many years but still not be ready to be shipped. When developers are rushed to meet a deadline that cannot be missed, programmers write sloppy code, test teams have less time to test builds, writers write poor dialogue, etc.

That doesn't mean anything.. A game can still be in development for many years but still not be ready to be shipped. When developers are rushed to meet a deadline that cannot be missed, programmers write sloppy code, test teams have less time to test builds, writers write poor dialogue, etc.

586002426[/snapback]

There are always problems in games

There are always problems in games

586002448[/snapback]

What are you saying? That it's ok for a half-baked console game to be released? I think quality games = popularity and profit and poor quality games = headaches and no sales.

What are you saying? That it's ok for a half-baked console game to be released? I think quality games = popularity and profit and poor quality games = headaches and no sales.

586002483[/snapback]

name one single game that is perfect and has no issues with graphics, physics, gameplay or anything that can ruin your gaming experience. :happy: :yes: ;)

name one single game that is perfect and has no issues with graphics, physics, gameplay or anything that can ruin your gaming experience.  :happy:  :yes:  ;)

586002906[/snapback]

Not once did I infer a perfect game. :happy: :yes: ;)

Here's an example:

Many hollywood inspired games end up being rushed and complete trash. On the other hand hollywood inspired games that weren't rushed ie (The Chronicles of Riddick) are gems.

dont get me wrong, Im excited for halo 3 but i hope it doesnt come out at the same time as ps3 because a) i dont want my excitment for the ps3 to go down at all and b) just something else to buy while im spending money on the ps3! ahhh!

Not once did I infer a perfect game.  :happy:  :yes:  ;)

Here's an example:

Many hollywood inspired games end up being rushed and complete trash. On the other hand hollywood inspired games that weren't rushed ie (The Chronicles of Riddick) are gems.

586002976[/snapback]

in other words you mean no game will ever be perfect; so, the point is that it doesn't matter how long it takes to make it as long as it's fun to play and that's exactly what's has been going on inside Bungie since around 2003... :happy: ;) :yes: :ninja:

in other words you mean no game will ever be perfect; so, the point is that it doesn't matter how long it takes to make it as long as it's fun to play and that's exactly what's has been going on inside Bungie since around 2003...  :happy:  ;)  :yes:  :ninja:

586003055[/snapback]

Correct, it doesn't matter how long it takes to make it, if it's buggy, not fun, feels rushed, bottom line--the game won't sell. :happy: ;) :yes: :ninja:

Correct, it doesn't matter how long it takes to make it, if it's buggy, not fun, feels rushed, bottom line--the game won't sell. :happy:  ;)  :yes:  :ninja:

586003065[/snapback]

*cough Doom 3 Cough*