BF2 demo

im just wondering the game / demo comes with nvidia 77.30 drivers yet these drivers are no where to be seen on nvidias site ? if anyone has installed these can they confirm they work ? :huh:

Downloaded and installed, configured for max settings at 1600x1200, got in game and was somewhat dissapointed with the overall look. The game looks nice in places but it overall looks no better than a polished BF1942 engine.

There was a serious bug with shadowing too, all shadows were replaced by HUGE rectangular black blocks that followed people and vehicles around.

Uninstalled now, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure people will love it :)

So did they fix the aiming with the sniper rifle. That was the only problem I ever had with BF1942, and also why I didn't play it.

I expected so much more. :(

Like for starters, THE SERVER BROWSER IS STILL THE WORST IN EXISTENCE IN THE HISTORY OF ONLINE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS. Sorry, but it really bothers me they cannt just get this extremely important aspect correct.

I am also getting the shadow bug. I didnt install the Drivers they suggested in the install, but maybe I will give them a shot. A made for Nvidia game yet has a huge issue with shadows on a 6800 Ultra.

It looks slightly better than BF:V. Letdown.

MEH. I dont knoq. I just expected so much more.

I'm really upset- so this definitely won't work on a ti4600?

It's about time i suppose, but it'll be the first game that won't run with my GPU.

I wasn't particularly worried about graphics or, as DirtyLarry said, the crappy browser, but more the dodgy weapon switching with mouse-wheel (it was so bad in 1942 and BFV i HAD to use keys) and the fact my joystick refused to work properly even when configured 100s of times...

I'm going to cry :(

Edited by piercehead

i'm on a 9800 pro run at 1024x768 on medium, looks nice and plays smooth.

586047441[/snapback]

same here. but still game is nothing like i expected :(

If you have an ATI video card, they are releasing an updated driver to fix some of the problems with BF2. I love it. I am on a JO squad and we are moving to this title. Great fun and I cant wait for the final retail.

I played it some more, and :(

Do not get me wrong, I did have fun playing it, but it was hardly what it was billed up to be, and I have only myslef to blame because I usually know better. EA actually convinced me this was going to be an entirely new experience for the Battlefield Franchise. What a crock of BS. Marketing. What a glorious thing it is.

It will grow on me, no doubt, and I am sure I will waste many an hour playing it, and have fun the entire time doing so. But it is nothing that I thought it would be, and could be, for that matter.

And as I said before, but I have to say it again, the server browser is still the worse ever. :angry: :angry:

6 / 10

Its a really great game that I'll most likely buy if I get the chance, although it doesn't seem all that different from BF1 to me...

Woah dude, I am utterly impressed at how smooth this plays on my rig @ 1024x768. It's on medium though, I bet if I can turn shadows off (as I always do) I could run it at High settings.

1942 and Vietnam never ran this smooth. Oh and on my 9800np with the latest drivers, there are some quirks in the shadows in the game.

Overall I'm extremely impressed, almost makes me wish I played games again (recently quit).

question?

Xpertvision Geforce 6200, 512mb, 64bit, Tv/dvi, AGP8X

does "64bit" have anything to do with needing a 64bit processor and will this fit where the geforce2 ti went, or would i need somthing else?

thanks alot :)

Gameplay is pretty nice, played it for about an hour....

Lot of problems tho:

1. No widescreen resolution (16:9)

2. No windowed mode available (non-full screen)

3. Hard to distinguish enemies from friendly (maybe its just me)

4. Quite buggy, crashed quite a few times on me, had some problems with logitech setpoint for some reason, got disconnected from multiplayer a bunch of times with "something is wrong with your connection"

I can't really say much about the graphics, cause since i can't get a 16:9 res im having to play using svideo :x

Will wait till an update comes out to try it again...

question?

Xpertvision Geforce 6200, 512mb, 64bit, Tv/dvi, AGP8X

does "64bit" have anything to do with needing a 64bit processor and will this fit where the geforce2 ti went, or would i need somthing else?

thanks alot :)

586048046[/snapback]

Nothing related to 64bit cpu, thats something to do with the card itself. Don't know the specifics tho...

Lot of problems tho:

3. Hard to distinguish enemies from friendly (maybe its just me)

4. Quite buggy, crashed quite a few times on me, had some problems with logitech setpoint for some reason,

586048072[/snapback]

Definitely Agree with your Point #3

And I also had the same logitech setpoint problem as well, MX1000. :pinch:

Definitely Agree with your Point #3

And I also had the same logitech setpoint problem as well, MX1000. :pinch:

586048094[/snapback]

MX1000 here as well :/