BF2 demo

How do I load this **** up @ 1600x1200 it starts up @ 800x600 and on my LCD i get this box on my scren. :crazy:

How do I load this **** up @ 1600x1200 it starts up @ 800x600 and on my LCD i get this box on my scren.  :crazy:

586048589[/snapback]

From what I understand the demo doesn't support anything higher than 1024x768, I have seen some people on LCD's break out old CRT's to play the demo, which is horrible.

you complain alot aye?

586048599[/snapback]

How is giving my critical analysis of the game complaining? If you don't like my opinions, to bad so sad my friend. This is why its called an "opinion" you see. Hope you enjoy playing the demo.

when i try to connect to an internet game it says "email address\password already exists" and wont let me get into the internet games :(

and i cant create a different account as it's my only email address :(

Singleplayer is fun though :)

Why in 2005 would a developer not support 1280x1024? The game was pretty fun, some of the weapons were unbalanced but I enjoyed the one level.

Looking forward to the game though, but will wait till it's released and see if a workaround exists for 1280x1024, I hate it being out of ratio.

Why in 2005 would a developer not support 1280x1024?  The game was pretty fun, some of the weapons were unbalanced but I enjoyed the one level.

Looking forward to the game though, but will wait till it's released and see if a workaround exists for 1280x1024, I hate it being out of ratio.

586048683[/snapback]

Yeah the forums on Forumplanet for Battlefield are filled with people ticked off that high resolutions aren't even supported in this day and age. I think the admins there are closing threads because people are just getting very, um, agressive. Heh.

Ok for the people having problems with the screen res, i found a temporary work around :) .

Go here: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles\Local\Default

There's a file called: Video.com

Open this in wordpad / notepad and edit the following:

game.setGameDisplayMode 800 600 32 0

To

game.setGameDisplayMode 1280 1024 32 0 

I STRONGLY recommend you make a backup.

Please note I am not responsible for any damage caused ;) .

maybe im too used to CS but that sniper rifle sucks. I sat there shooting at non moving targets and after 5 + hits they still hadnt moved (and not because they were no longer living), i was lyeing prone and everything. I probably just suck but

Cant say I like this, doesnt seem to run that great at all and the guns do seem really underpowered at times.

maybe im too used to CS but that sniper rifle sucks. I sat there shooting at non moving targets and after 5 + hits they still hadnt moved (and not because they were no longer living), i was lyeing prone and everything. I probably just suck but

Cant say I like this, doesnt seem to run that great at all and the guns do seem really underpowered at times.

586048826[/snapback]

I've noticed that to. I went up that big crane thing, and proned down. Then I've shot around 5 times on a non-moving target and he was still allive. What exactly am I doing wrong? :rolleyes: Ah and my ping was under 60.. so that cant be it. :wacko:

Well sniper rifle was always appalling in Battlefield.. can't work out why they never cracked that.

Just had a quick play around by myself in a multiplayer map and it seems ok actually! Though my Radeon 9600 Pro just doesn't cut it at all.. I really need to upgrade it :(

yeah i realise it would rape if it was an awp style gun but they could balance it by making the scope move about a tad and make it a 2 shot kill or something weapon. At the moment it appears to be utterly useless but. I could have sat there throwing stones dressed as a telly tubby and been more scarry than I was.

well im very impressed, its a great game, but man it stressed my system way more than doom 3 or hl2 did, kinda said :( i need more time to mess around to get a better feel but as it stands now, im impressed.

yeah i realise it would rape if it was an awp style gun but they could balance it by making the scope move about a tad and make it a 2 shot kill or something weapon. At the moment it appears to be utterly useless but. I could have sat there throwing stones dressed as a telly tubby and been more scarry than I was.

586048914[/snapback]

Not as useless as the SAW up close. Having carried a SAW for a year, it really ticks me off when I know I coulda wasted a guy with a full pouch up close, just to get killed.

Now that being said, I FINALLY played for awhile just now. It took about 18 relaunches of the game for it to save my video settings. GG EA. But once it did, graphically it is OK, I wasn't expecting UE3 style graphics (dunno why some of you were) and I mean, after all I did say for MONTHS that it was the same damn engine as BF1942/Vietnam and now after playing for 2 hours, I know it is ha!

586048437[/snapback]

How'd you get the damn thing working? Just continuously reopening it :huh:?

All it does for me is start a black screen, then sizes itself to an 800x600 black box and disappears. Setting my res to 800x600x60hz doesn't do anything.

This is odd... My computer chokes on the demo with everything maxed, 4xAA, and on 1024x768. It just freezes and lags. I can run HL2 maxed out on everything at 1280x1024 and be smooth as silk, same with Doom 3. I can't really see how this demo runs as bad as it does when the graphics are not as advanced, but they are not poor by any means. I hope the final release isn't as buggy, or I won't be buying it until the kinks get worked out. ;\

How'd you get the damn thing working? Just continuously reopening it  :huh:?

All it does for me is start a black screen, then sizes itself to an 800x600 black box and disappears. Setting my res to 800x600x60hz doesn't do anything.

586048942[/snapback]

You have to turn off any refresh rate lock you might have going. So 1999. Heh. And you also have to go into your video.con files in the Profile/Custom folder in the BF2 demo folder and change allowallrefreshrates 0 to 1. It should start then, I just didn't want to turn off my refresh rate locker, quite annoying to say the least. If that doesn't work for you there may be other things we can try.

This is odd... My computer chokes on the demo with everything maxed, 4xAA, and on 1024x768. It just freezes and lags. I can run HL2 maxed out on everything at 1280x1024 and be smooth as silk, same with Doom 3. I can't really see how this demo runs as bad as it does when the graphics are not as advanced, but they are not poor by any means. I hope the final release isn't as buggy, or I won't be buying it until the kinks get worked out. ;\

586049004[/snapback]

Sorry man, this is the exact same code that will be in the shipping game.

Im running the game full out max : lighting , Anti Alisasing x6 etc. ...

I got 3.4Ghz Intel HT , 1024Mb of DDRam , Ati X700Pro 256 Mb... and its hella smooth! i got a few hickups thats all , and no it aint as beautiful as HL2!!!!!

I know my PC runs HL2 smoothly on max as well as DOOM III on ultra grpahcis, though , sometimes i get chokes in DOOM III , besides that IM LOVIN THIS GAME!

The sniper issue i recken is crap, though when u actually get in a well structured active squad! OH MY IS IT FUN! anyway :blink: back to BF 2

Actually, I used the sniper rifle just now on a server and I was getting insane kills with it! I never do that well with sniper rifles (cept the scout in cs/css cuz it owns) but I was always aiming for the head with this one and I was just racking up the kills. I just wish the gun would re-zoom after reloading, but no biggie.

i agree that u can get insane kills with sniper, but that was when i was down on the ground not REALLY far, now when im up on the crane , hell u can shoot at a guy from the base not too far who is proning and he wont get hit at all.... :no: