BF2 demo

Could someone please guide me through how to add 1280x1024 support, or link me somewhere.

The highest i have is 1280x960 - which is widescreen, which for me is useless.

Well, i've been playing the demo since i got up this morning. Loved Battlefield 1942 and i love this [iMO] true Sequel.

Very addictive. Might buy the full game....

I know I'm getting it when it comes out. :p

I see the support guy might be a problem with unlimited grenades and all. Could be a nade spamfest with that one. :pinch:

maybe im too used to CS but that sniper rifle sucks.... I probably just suck but

Cant say I like this, doesnt seem to run that great at all and the guns do seem really underpowered at times.

586048826[/snapback]

yeah, the guns do seem a little underpowered, but atleast with the sniper, I think its so it is not way to powerfull, what with no scope wandering and all. Last game I played, I managed to double up on everyone else's score by sitting on a hill with the sniper rifle. It was annoying at times when I had to hit the guy 3 or more times to kill him, but I still managed to go through like 30 people before the time limit was up.

I just hope that sniper whoring does not become the main occupation of ppl because of how the sniper rifle is set up (hey, its what I do, and I don't like competition :p )

other than that the game is great, and I cannot wait till the full version comes out.

My machine is below.

6800gt and i get 70+ fps at 16x12 with everything on high and 4xaa.

The shadow bug i did get, but if you install the drivers that they want, it works fine, didnt hinder my CS:S performance at all. Over all nice graphics, but I still think HL2 engine is better. Im stilll gonna get this game cause its fun.

just one question , will theis game EVEN RUN on my , AMD64 3000+, 512mb Ram , Geforce 5200fx 128MB ???????

and what quality if you may devise so ???

Its in the videodefault.con file in the mods/bf2/settings folder

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

586049280[/snapback]

Well I did that, guess what? still dosent work :p. Is there anything else I need to do?

Here's a couple tips, apologies if already posted elsewhere :

To get rid of the startup logos:

Delete everything in "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies"

Except for menu.bik, menu_loggedin.bik and noise.bik.

Credit Me ;)

--------------

This one changes the timelimit to infinate, but not round limit.:

"open up the file gpm_cq.py with notepad, it's under Battlefield 2 Standalone Demo Server\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

then locate:

host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

and replace by:

#host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)"

Credit MEPHiST0

Here's a couple tips, apologies if already posted elsewhere :

To get rid of the startup logos:

Delete everything in "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies"

Except for menu.bik, menu_loggedin.bik and noise.bik.

Credit Me ;)

--------------

This one changes the timelimit to infinate, but not round limit.:

"open up the file gpm_cq.py with notepad, it's under Battlefield 2 Standalone Demo Server\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

then locate:

host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

and replace by:

#host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)"

Credit MEPHiST0

586051974[/snapback]

Thanks for the movie removal help! I noticed that even if you alt-tabbed out while the movies were playing, it would pause them and you would have to watch them all when you opened the game again.

I don't really understand the timelimit part though... I have played hours of this game at a time and have never been kicked from the server or whatnot.

E-gads peoples, some of you should wait till the final game comes out and they patch the problems that are occuring before you complain. I have never known a multiplayer focused PC game ever to come out perfect on the first try. Tribes 2, Operation Flashpoint, Counter-Strike, etc. all have had crappy first out the door releases until they were patched. I have shadow problems with my game, but I know its going to be patched in the future so I am not going to complain. I just think it is pretty funny that everyone is expecting a completely polished PC game when it is a demo.

Edited by jmole

I don't know why ppl are having shadow problems if they own a nvidia card... installing the 77.30 drivers supplied fixes this.

i knew all the teaser videos were prerendered. id rather play point of existence mod than pay full price for bf2. i am, honestly, very let down by EA, but then again its EA. :/

I don't know what videos you watched but none of the videos I saw were pre-rendered. Every video I saw was in-game footage. Which is why I always said it was the same engine yadda yadda etc etc. The only video that was pre-rendered (sorta) is that trailer I posted about the other day, which is the movie that starts the game.

I agree with LOC. The ingame videos weren't pre-rendered but the trailers were... I think it looks great. Just what I expected. I can't wait to get hsi game.