BF2 demo

Im a CS player and i gotta say this gets pretty fun, Especially when your squad works togather. The sniper rifle sort of ****ed me off though.. I went with the m16 and kicked some ass

yeah in CS , im an awesome sniper, but in BF2 is freaking hard, but i still like it. I started to choose assault more, and if you work with your squads, you can do some mad damage.

Hey guys, well this demo was fun at the beginning though the running into bugs scenario every time i try to play is kinda killing all the fun ... I get window blue screen :huh: and im just like ... :angry: reboot... Mainly happens when u just back up or collide into an objecft with a vehicule ur driving. weird.

Another factor that spoils this game right now , is the fact that PUNKBUSTER just kicks me randomely saying :

Error: Empty Win32 Module Slot ( or lot ) .... wtf. honnestly i dont cheat ( and i wouldnt see th epoint on a demo ) and hell i cant play more than 5-10 minutes before it kicks me! Anyone know?!

I was also wondering , do you guys believe that this game will support 5.1 surround sound ? (i dont know much about surround sound and gaming) I was thinking of getting 5.1 for i know DOOM III and HL2 , well they support it , though does BF2 (or do all games?? i doubt...) .

Finally i though of getting more RAM , i got PC3200 (some weird brand ) Swissbit , and was gonna add 512 or 1 gig of corsaire dual channel PC3200 , is this wise to increase game performance or will i be dissapointed? :unsure:

thanks for the eventual replies!

I've got issues too, it just freezes after logging into the game. Think i'll have to wait for the full release seeming as it only started doing this today. Sucks.

I've got issues too, it just freezes after logging into the game. Think i'll have to wait for the full release seeming as it only started doing this today. Sucks.

586053258[/snapback]

This is because 10 billion people are trying to log into the EA "account server" and I'm pretty sure it can't handle it to well. Just give it a few days I'm sure EA will add more bandwith and/or servers to lessen the load.

Thanks, i wasn't able to get my WS to work...

Using

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +szx 1280 +szy 720

Working great now!

586052008[/snapback]

Thanks for this tip not being able to use widescreen was really anoying me. So far the game has worked fine for me besides being booted from games every now and then but I think that might be my cable modem. It has some problems I need to replace it.

Yeah, this game is incredibly fun for me... I have invested many hours into the demo already.

I just love rushing w/ a vehicle and killing everyone w/ my assault character.

I am pretty good at FPS's so I can usually kill around 10 ppl at the base before I die (aim in bursts (I burst myself in automatic mode :p..) aim for the head)). That usually allows me to capture the point.

I just own w/ the tanks... seriously. I just need a good tank and I can camp the capture point and kill anyone before they take the point back.. It is just awesome.

The helicopters are really cool.. I love having the whole thing filled up w/ ppl and landing it on the opposite side of the map where the enemies are.. or circling around the map while my teammates do major damage.

For the first time I played the Commander position.. wow! another great element of the game! I love directing ppl where to go, sending supplies.. and of course, my fav.. using artillery :devil:

Okay, despite my initial disappointment, the game is growing on me in a big way. I will stick by my initial impression that it is nothing really revolutionary like I expected, and for this I am still disappointed, but it is DAMN FUN.

Question.

When you are commander, how do you bring up a command map (dont know if I am referencing it right)?

I was commander for about 30 seconds, could not figure it out , so I relinquished my duties.

Since I usually start a Squad, I know T brings up commands, which I saw it also did for the commander, but that is about it. I would like to know how you get the "overall" view

I do want to try it being a commander, as I am a hell of a squad leader and 3 times now have gotten chosen to be commander and said no thanks, so any help is appreciated.

caps lock to bring the commander window up. :D

being commander is cool, but there is a LOT to pay attention to if you want to be good at it.

caps lock to bring the commander window up. :D

being commander is cool, but there is a LOT to pay attention to if you want to be good at it.

586054717[/snapback]

(Y) Thanks very much. No doubt for both the answer and for the quick response.

I look forward to giving it a shot at least.

Cool game although 2night seem 2 be having issues joining servers.

Sniper rifle sucks as everyone has said. Vechiles are cool and the Commander thingy is good fun :) . I probably wont play Single player but will buy just for multi player.

There's a similar style file hack you can do to enable all the other weapon kits in singleplayer. And from what I understand, if a server has the file hacked, it is available on the server as well. I tried it in single player, and while the hidden weapons are good, some are lacking (like the auth-shotgun/machinegun thingie and some sort of AUG style weapon)

You can download hidden kit here just replace it with the the original. Remember to backup the original just incase it doesn't work. The file belongs in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\

post-38796-1118609545_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple tips, apologies if already posted elsewhere :

To get rid of the startup logos:

Delete everything in "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies"

Except for menu.bik, menu_loggedin.bik and noise.bik.

Credit Me ;)

--------------

This one changes the timelimit to infinate, but not round limit.:

"open up the file gpm_cq.py with notepad, it's under Battlefield 2 Standalone Demo Server\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

then locate:

host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

and replace by:

#host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)"

Credit MEPHiST0

586051974[/snapback]

thanks man, that's really helpful.

Yes you can edit it so that only the US get the new weapons and the MECS keep the old ones. You can even edit it so that you can have a mix of new and old weapons.