BF2 demo

Played a couple of hours on this, good game just BF1942 engine in modern scenary etc.

Can anyone predict when will Battlefield 3 coming out :rofl:.

586048125[/snapback]

You mean Battlefield 2: Iraqi Storm

did anyone notice that with that weapon kit hack, the mecs get all the new US weapons too?

Maybe people havn't figured out how to enable the MEC weapons?

Hey guys,

Im having the "it just opens, then closes again" problem. I tired the .con file editing, but didn't seem to fix it. When taking it out of full screen mode i get this error:

image.PNG

Probably my graphics card, which is a Radeon IGP 320M, wasn't expecting it to work, but would have liked to LAN it with my pc.

Any chance i could get this working?

This is horrible, this game is awesome! THOUGH it has so many bugs, i must of savagely rebooted my comp so many times due to frozen screen etc. in the menu , or getting kicked for i dont know what by punkbuster! Now when i actually get to play for a few minutes i even get **** model disaply and they become all black on screen! :no: this is desolating , god... i want to play , and i have far from a crap computer ! SO IT AINT MY COMP! THE DEMO IS CRAP! :sleep:

Hey guys,

Im having the "it just opens, then closes again" problem. I tired the .con file editing, but didn't seem to fix it. When taking it out of full screen mode i get this error:

image.PNG

Probably my graphics card, which is a Radeon IGP 320M, wasn't expecting it to work, but would have liked to LAN it with my pc.

Any chance i could get this working?

586055172[/snapback]

Does that card support DX9?

Oh and here's a link to a better version of the weapons hack. It enables the weapons and doesn't replace them.. So you can switch between those and the old ones... Just change the directory to install to the directory you have the BF2 Demo in. It defaults to the server directory.

http://forums.totalbf2.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=178

I don't think the Radeon IGP 320M supports PS1.4 which is a requirement for the game. Heck, even the Geforce 4 ti series doesn't. Bad news for gamers with older hardware, but games have to progress sometime I suppose.

And thank you for the startup movies hack. (Y)

God, this game is driveing me crazy.

I played yesterday without a single problem, then all of sudden the game crash while loading the map.

It gives me this error:

capture6132005022387dy.jpg

Sanity check.....wtf ?....im normal :laugh:

So, i cant play anymore.

Tried everything possible.

It hangs during the load at 64% with geometries.

it makes me want to cancel my pre-order.

You can download hidden kit  here just replace it with the the original. Remember to backup the original just incase it doesn't work. The file belongs in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\

post-38796-1118609545_thumb.jpg

586054933[/snapback]

You don't need this file to unlock the hidden weapons, just go to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\python\bf2\stats\unlocks.py and change:

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

to

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

You don't need this file to unlock the hidden weapons, just go to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\python\bf2\stats\unlocks.py and change:

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

to

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

586055388[/snapback]

That's what the file that I linked to does.

did i mention: this game or the nvidia drivers are turning off my monitor, then rebooting my PC and then corrupting the screen on reboot so it then just fails and doesn't reboot again, just hangs

Am I missing something? Why are the graphics all jagged?? I have full AA and AF on, everything set to high... is a ATI thing? I have a ATI x800pro..

thanks

That's what the file that I linked to does.

586055465[/snapback]

Yes but you don't need to download a 20 meg file to do this, just a simple unlock hack.

That file he linked to is only about 80KB

586055661[/snapback]

The first link is what he originally linked to, it's the Objects_Server.zip file and it's 20 megs. The second link is now an installer for the time limit remover and weapons unlocker. And it's 80 kb.

hmmmm i dont see why people are hacing problems with the game, it hasnt frozen on me, grpahis and shadows look fine and the game play is great, none the less the graphics could be better, and all these hacks work like a charm. I just cant wait for the full version.

hmmmm i dont see why people are hacing problems with the game, it hasnt frozen on me, grpahis and shadows look fine and the game play is great, none the less the graphics could be better, and all these hacks work like a charm. I just cant wait for the full version.

586055725[/snapback]

Because there are literally 10 million different hardware configs out there, and each pc handles the game differently. Some people will have zero problems, where as some people can't even start the demo, or play a map.

You know what's making me go crazy? That I can't download this!

No matter where the hell I download from it just completely stops after a few minutes if in firefox. If I try to down load through IE it tells me that the connection was disrupted (turned off firewall and everything, no luck).

:angry:

There is no in-game support for 1280x1024 resolution like in BF1942. This is my monitors native resolution and running a game fullscreen at any other resolution causes a lot of jaggies. If the game doesn't support 1280x1024 without the shortcut swtich (it doesn't work too well), I will not be buying it. Shame really.

And the fact it keeps needing to 'optimise' certain parts of the engine everytime any video settings are changed is very annoying, as well as the fact it needs to load the menu. How daft, no other game does this.

in my experience downloadeing Large files in Fire fox is a terribly bad idea (if you have a slight hickup your downloads gone). use a download manager, I recomend free download manager : http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ or get right : http://www.getright.com

you will save yourself ALOT of trouble.

[edit] sometimes download sites redirect to downloads so its hard to get the url for the file, in that case start it in firefox, pause the download and right click it and go to properties to obtain a direct url

ATI Cards and Battlefield 2 Demo

In testing the demo, EA has encountered some visual issues on certain ATI cards with the previous Catalyst drivers (5.5) and are working with yesterday's 5.6 release to discover if the issue is resolved. If in playing the Battlefield 2 demo you encounter texture corruption of any kind, we recommend rolling back to the Catalyst 5.1 drivers. ATI is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it.

Aghhhhhhhh. I finally got the demo after 5 times downloading. It installed fine, I installed the nvidia drivers that came with it.

When I run the game, it opens full screen just black and then closes to the desktop.

Can anyone help?!!

Is there no official forum for this game to give feedback and report problems?

I'm still very concerned about the game attempting to mess with Symantec's processes.