BF2 demo

it's not subscriber only, you won't even have to register on their site (for the free account) to get the demo.

586045419[/snapback]

I was thinking more along the lines of you had to register with EA to play the demo. I thought when the real game comes out you are going to need to register with EA so they can keep your stats and all that crap.

Dude sign up for the FEAR beta on fileplanet and hook that sumbiyatch up on the LAN. Excellent game. You should all be able to use the same key unless someone goes online, i guess.

586045056[/snapback]

Thanks for the info....that game looks very interesting.

i don't think you're going to have to register for the demo because they will not be recording stats, but who knows they might. if you want to have your stats and rank recorded, you will have to register when the full game is out

Curses, I'll be at work while everybody else is downloading the demo. The 3-11 shift is killing me, I'll have to play this when I get home.

Been looking forward to this day for a while though. It'll be like the 1942 demo all over again - just absolutely crazy fun.

EDIT: Just saw that forum post up above. So it won't require Gamespot Complete, but it also won't be releasing today?

Don't trust that, they even commented on that ... Something about PS2 and Harry Potter developers

586045517[/snapback]

Haha. Well, I guess you can't really trust anything on a message board unless it's a quote from an official document. It will be out soon enough, though hopefully tonight.:yes::

anyone been on this at all? ......

Battlefield 2 Teamspeak Chat

Fri 10 Jun 2005, 3:36 AM | Rico | 187 Comments

Last night some 70 fans of Battlefield 2 jumped on Teamspeak for what can only be described as a live online chat forum. TotalBF2 have teamed up with the organiser to run the same thing again tonight on a much bigger scale. Read all about it here:

Tonight on Teamspeak, Total BF2 will be hosting a public Teamspeak session to run along-side the devchat tonight on Gamespy Livewire. We will be bringing you the latest and greatest news all night long, and keeping you posted on the status of the demo.

For those of you who are unable to connect to the live-wire chat, we will do our best to syphon information down the pipes to you directly as Ben answers his questions.

The New IP address is: 67.15.34.8:8888 (1000 spaces)

^^ I just heard there from the server admin that the demo would be rdy to dl in 2hrs....

Well, just more Xpeculation...last hope for the best.

Its just an impression, or this game is creating more "craziness" than HL2 ?

<[-_-]Nom4d> [8:59pm] <orkney> You'll like this one.

<[-_-]Nom4d> [8:59pm] <orkney> The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.

<[-_-]Nom4d> [8:59pm] <orkney> Thanks for baring with us.

* dark|squadleade has joined #bf2underground

<Glitch-RF-> http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=519

* XX^HotStorm|AFK is now known as XX^HotStorm

<[-_-]Nom4d> Hmm .. there we go .. wanted to paste that .. not the quote .. but that's what it sais anyway :)

at this rate i'll never reach lev 21 with my druid in WOW if i have to keep checking this ;)

586045901[/snapback]

Saving the world from communism is far more important then fighting off the Orc Horde.

I can't view this since it is getting hammered, but supposedly the EA UK forums site admin said:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=519

The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.
Edited by jmole

Well, I have been waiting patiently to try it out, as my initial plan was to play it all damn day today since I have off from work, but now it looks like I will go play some CS for awhile to pass the time.

I for one can't wait to be in a 6 hour queue on GameSpot or Fileplanet and then download the game at 0.5 KB/s. It shall be a fun night or day. :yes:

Seriously though they should make a torrent or have their bandwidth raped.

Hopefully it will be released on a torrent as well, assuming you don't need individual keys to play the demo.

Its just an impression, or this game is creating more "craziness" than HL2 ?

586045829[/snapback]

NOPE... noooo. No, no, no no notta, no, noooo, no. NO! no... just, just just NO!