Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher License

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here who's purchased the student/teacher edition of office 2003 could explain something to me.

On Microsofts website, it says that the licensing programme has been simplified, the box contains the manuals and discs, you install office, then either phone microsoft or visit a certain MS website that the installer will tell you in order to get your CDKey, and therefore activate the software.

This all sounds very simple, but how do you go about proving to microsoft that you are a student and therefore qualify for Office 2003 at the discounted price?

Especially if you do it online?

Thanks.

15 answers to this question

w00t :D

Thanks for the help guys, I'm really pleased about this.

According to Microsofts prices, if I'd normally have to pay over ?300 (x2) for 2 computers, now I can get everything for ?119 for upto 3 computer:D:D

I have the student version and it's a great deal. I bought it from Staples in the US and didn't have to prove anything. (We actually have two copies :p)

What you said about the CD key procedure must be very recent, as I just bought the second copy of mine about three weeks ago. Let me know how that goes - I'm interested to hear about it.

- WindowsTechie

When I got the Student Windows 98 and NT I received a form that someone from my school had to sign to verify that I was a student. I know someone with Office 2003 Student/Teacher edition and that came in a DVD box with the CD key inside it.

I have the student version and it's a great deal. I bought it from Staples in the US and didn't have to prove anything. (We actually have two copies :p)

What you said about the CD key procedure must be very recent, as I just bought the second copy of mine about three weeks ago. Let me know how that goes - I'm interested to hear about it.

- WindowsTechie

586052958[/snapback]

Yeah, will do.

I'll probably order it in the next couple of days off Dabs, who have it for ?85, rofl. :laugh::

Taken from here

Licensing your software

Based on your feedback, we've simplified the licensing process. When you buy Microsoft Office 2003 Standard for Students and Teachers, all the CDs and manuals are inside the box. Simply open the box, install the software and then phone or use the web to get your Product Activation Key. Once you have finished the installation you can use the product straight away. 

So yeah, looks that way.

Although, surely when boxes just contained the CD key it was easily possible for anyone to buy this when they don't qualify for the discount, i.e. not students/teachers.

I am not student and when I bought my acer tablet pc they give me a free student/teacher edition of office 2003 in a box as promotaion offer with the key inside the box @ Malaysia.

is that ligal,

I have already activated too. and using it for 3 months.

I am not student and when I bought my acer tablet pc they give me a free student/teacher edition of office 2003 in a box as promotaion offer with the key inside the box @ Malaysia.

is that ligal,

I have already activated too. and using it for 3 months.

586056085[/snapback]

If you're not a teacher/student, then you're in violation of the licence, but I doubt MS will be sending a SWAT team to your house anytime soon. Enjoy it!