• Netscape 8.02
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Opera 8.01
    • Firefox 1.06+
    • Internet Explorer 7

When IE7 will come Firefox will die!Guaranted!!  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I will never leave IE for others  :D  :wub:

586192187[/snapback]

The Mozilla Foundation will still be hard at work long after IE and microsoft are gone.

The Mozilla Foundation will still be hard at work long after IE and microsoft are gone.

586197492[/snapback]

and this will happen when? tomorrow? on your birthday? sorry fan boy, no go.

586197492[/snapback]

It's likely that IE and Microsoft won't be going anywhere anytime soon. As long as computers are around, Microsoft will be, in one manifestation or another. I'd be willing to bet my 401k on the moniker being around forever.

However, Mozilla does have a disadvantage when it comes to audience. I don't care about the inflated download counter on their website, but I think they'll be around for just as long.

As for me, I'm using Firefox 1.0.5/Deer Park Alpha 2.

firefox 1.5 not because I like mozilla, I'm not a "fan boy" but becuase it works best for me. I don't understand this ...favourite browser bullcrap. Theres no browser better than another so stop advertising for yours. A browser is like a golf swing. It's all what you prefer. So just get what you like and stop worrying about what other people are using. Or whats best. Becuase whats best is what is best FOR YOU. Don't use it becuse its cool. Don't use it because everyone else is using it. Use what you want. Stop trying to be like everyone else. Or make everyone into you.

586197492[/snapback]

And when microsoft has gone (if this happens hipothetically) u'll be a dead dinosaur of an OS that has dissapeared long time ago. called linux,familiar with it?

capichi?

Liked Firefox before and liked to use the same before i tried Opera 8

After trying out the ver. 8.0 from Opera there was no looking back.

Opera 8 rocks. The best thing i like about Opera, dunno whether others wod agress on that or no, is when you click on the back button especially in the forums, Opera just backs it and takes you to the previous page wheres as Firefox refreshes it again. It is quite buggy for users like me who are on 64k Connection.

Its only one of the reason why i like it. Besides there is no need to customize Opera much coz its already packed to the brim. Bit-Torrent support was a nice addition in the ver. 8.02. Expect Mozilla to come up with the similar additions.

It was nice to hear that Firefox from now on wod give update packs so you wont have to download the whole thing again and install it. I agree it doesnt take time but still why install the same.

Best browser battle is always red-hot and with so many developers trying to put in their best to provide you the best experience while surfing the web, its a nice thing.

Everything is just so great about Opera, The Transfer Manager which resumes downloads and now supports torrents, the interface, on- mouse over effects , better skins which are not heavy on low end systems and all this in just 3.7 Mb or so. Kudos to Opera. :D

firefox 1.5 not because I like mozilla, I'm not a "fan boy" but becuase it works best for me. I don't understand this ...favourite browser bullcrap. Theres no browser better than another so stop advertising for yours. A browser is like a golf swing. It's all what you prefer. So just get what you like and stop worrying about what other people are using. Or whats best. Becuase whats best is what is best FOR YOU. Don't use it becuse its cool. Don't use it because everyone else is using it. Use what you want. Stop trying to be like everyone else. Or make everyone into you.

586215095[/snapback]

Agree strongly.

I use Firefox 1.0.5 for it's functionality and feature-rich through extensions.

Opera, definitelly.

the resource usage is even lower than IE, that's why i keep using it. on my low-end machine IE would stutter on graphics/tables/flash intensive sites. Opera is completely smooth sailing, while Firefox/Gecko is painfully slow and impossible to work with.

not to mention the best interface in a browser ever, instant back/forward, standards support and security's always a plus.

been a Maxthon user before (never did stand the slow-ass Mozilla crap), but after being stubborn about trying Opera, i finally stuck to it. there are a couple of quirks to it where it does things a bit differently than i'm used to, and there are far less plugins for it (there's just so much you can do with customizable buttons), but i've learned to live with it, and haven't looked back in a year.

FF for every day web pages. and IE only for when msn messenger tells me i have new email. and windows updates.

btw any one know how to make MSN messenger use FF insted of IE6

thanks

586097221[/snapback]

You could use Stuff Plug, there's an option in that to launch links in your default browser, but it didn't work for me all the time and I ended up disabling it.

I use Opera, it's better than IE by a mile, but then again what browser isn't, and it's more customizable and better looking than FF.

Firefox 1.0.5

[EDIT] This is my 500th post :D

586222156[/snapback]

Same on both counts ;)

... err I mean my 500th was about 8 posts ago :p

I actually still use IE. Both my firewalls (hardware + software) as well as spyware management tools keep everything running fine and aren't too obnoxious.

I find that IE loads a little faster than Firefox too.... :blink:

surprisingly, i find myself using safari more and more as of late. it just owns on my g5. i love cocoa apps. wish you had added it into the vote thingy.

i am still hardcore firefox lover though. deer park is going to be a great update that all mac osx users will appreciate.

Benn with Opera for about 3 years now, and i have tried others, maxthon, and firefox, but they dont compare. Opera just does everything the way i want it to, is simple clean, very small footprint on memory, the browser is just great, i have tried the competition but didnt like it, Opera stands to them as if they're nothing.