1,759 members have voted

1. 1. What Browser Do You Use Now?

• Netscape 8.02
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Opera 8.01
    • Firefox 1.06+
    • Internet Explorer 7

Firefox

I tried opera each time a new release came out since 7, but always run into new problems, so recently I gave up and I'm sticking with the fox now. I used the Mozilla suite for years prior.

Firefox extensions are really handy too.

Internet Explorer 7.0.5112.0 Beta 1 and IT'S JUST TERRIFIC !

I still have Firefox 1.0.6 and have used it since 1.0. But lately it will only start ONCE, when the pc is booted. If you close it and try to start it again it opens blank with all controls frozen. It may have to do with EXTENSIONS. Will open in SAFE MODE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Machine:

Acer Notebook Extensa 2303LC

Intel Celeron M 340 processor

(1.5 Ghz, 400 Mhz FSB, 512KB L2cache)

15.0" XGA TFT LCD

40 Gig HDD

DVD/CD-RW Combo

512MB Ram (I added 256)

OEM: MS Windows XP SP2 installed

*I love this thing. And it's only running 37 watts. Think about that when you get your 400watt case monster power bill. It would be OK for Bill. (Pun intended.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konqueror - Web Browser, File Manager - and more!

Konqueror is the file manager for the K Desktop Environment. It supports basic file management on local UNIX filesystems, from simple cut/copy and paste operations to advanced remote and local network file browsing.

Konqueror is the canvas for all the latest KDE technology, from KIO slaves (which provide mechanisms for file access) to component embedding via the KParts object interface, and it is one of the most customizable applications available.

Konqueror is an Open Source web browser with HTML 4.01 compliance, supporting Java applets, JavaScript, CSS 1, CSS 2.1, as well as Netscape plugins (for example, Flash or RealVideo plugins).

Viewer Icon Konqueror is a universal viewing application, capable of embedding read-only viewing components in itself to view documents without ever launching another application.

Free, free and standards compliant. Probably the best example of open source programming at work, today.