1,759 members have voted

1. 1. What Browser Do You Use Now?

• Netscape 8.02
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Opera 8.01
    • Firefox 1.06+
    • Internet Explorer 7

• 2 weeks later...

I was using FF for the last year or so, but have recently converted to Opera.

Opera loads quicker and has a lot of innovative features (ex: mouse gestures) that I can't live without now.

You certainly can tell who the fan-boys are in this thread - along with the post from those who barely meet the age requirements to join NeoWin but are just not there yet mentally. :woot:

BTW - The english word is "because", not "Cos". You do not look cool, smooth, fly, whack, or anything else than illiterate when you abuse the english language, or any language for that matter. :yes:

Now, people chose browsers like they chose shoes, cars, pizza, mouthwash, shampoo & feminie hygeine products - they like a particular brand, make or model because it appeals to them. Each one has merits and problems that don't make them universally accepted; if that was the case, there would be only 1 brand of toothpaste, 1 flavor of ice cream and the only car manufacturer would be Studebaker. :pinch:

Yammering and beating your chest like Tarzan ("Opera Good - IE BAAAD!) about which browser you use, or even doing a poll about it is utter nonsense. Take, for example, the person who is forced to use IE because of the Accessability hooks into the Windows OS for those who are disabled: do they work exactly as specified for Opera or Firefox? What about plug-ins for people who deal with AutoCAD files but don't want to spring for a full version of AutoCAD just to view DWG files - Autodesks Express Viewer doesn't work very well with Opera, does it? It barely works for Firefox, and it's really not much better for IE. :p

People have different needs - get used to it.

--ScottKin

I mainly use Firefox 1.5 Beta 2, but keep IE for Windows Update. I also had to use Opera for a little while because gmail wasn't working in FF.

I also keep Opera around for FF-incompatible websites. I've honestly tried to switch to Opera or even go back to IE, but they just don't feel right. Maybe IE7 will switch me back.

I have Internet Explorer 7, Opera and FireFox installed.

I mostly use IE 7. If a site doesn't work right in it I use Opera. Haven't really been using FireFox much. Once Opera went free I gave it a shot and it pretty much took over FireFox for me.

Thinking about it now I should just uninstall FireFox