spent 3 hours getting rid of a virus...

I noticed earlier today that ?task manager?, and ?Regedit? wouldn?t open so I used ?Homecall? online scan and that found a worm called 'Mugly.I'.. So is searched about this and used a few methods found on this forum... but nothing come of it... So eventually I found a list of good spy ware and worm apps... And the best one was called 'Xoftspy' I did a scan and it found all the worms etc... Perfect! My face lit up... Then clicked next to delete and found I had to have a paid pass etc... So that then annoyed me... So I obtained the pass etc from :blush:ernet :blush:

i then uninstalled the programme and now all is great.. just thought I?d share my moment of annoyan:D and pleasure :D

ohh it got you at the end eh? that is a great way to get people to buy your software... show them you have a virus, and how many, and then not delete them because they need to pay :p

glad you got rid of it.. but you coulda asked neowin how to get it off your system... im sure one of us would of found a working solution faster then 3 hours