Newly built computer won't work.

Ok. So I picked up a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR. Neat looking board. I have a 3200+ Athlon64 (Venice core.), and a gig of OCZ ddr400 dual chanell, gold edition, etc. etc. ram. Picked up a Seagate 160gb SATA HDD, and shoved it all together.

The system seems unstable. Both Windows XP and Windows XP x64 crash during installation.

If the installer gets far enough (I presume the kernel gets loaded when it says 'Setup is starting windows' before you pick the partition to install onto), It'll BSOD. Otherwise, it just restarts. the BSOD it gives is 0x0000000A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

The nice thing about this board is the fact that memtest is built into the BIOS, but it doesn't seem to reveal anything. I could let it run longer, in fact, that's what its doing right now, but I am so confused. I tried different RAM and got the same results.

Typical.

I have the same board and had the same problems. Try this: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...67&postcount=15 If that doesnt help try posting at that site they were very helpful to me. Hope that helps :)

Edit: Link to the whole thread it has some more useful info: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541

Watching Stargate Atlantis right now :)

^Havn't checked the links but you might do well to reinstall your heatsink and thermal paste. I had the exact same problem caused by overheating due to badly installed heatsink.

Watching Stargate Atlantis right now :)

586184251[/snapback]

I started from Stargate a few months ago, and have been watching them in order. All 194 episodes + the movie.

I just have Moebius and The Seige left to finish. I plan to watch them next week ;)

My temps are fine. But I've discovered something interesting. The machine runs perfectly fine in single channel mode. Dual channel mode, even with known good RAM, causes errors. Since the memory controller is on the processor, could the processor be bad?

Edit, Actually, just read line one. Well, tried to anyone, of that link:

1. Those that cannot get but one stick going and it in slot #2 which is the first Orange slot in the from edge of board and where a single stick should be.

Poor grammar, but it seems to relate to my problem :D.

I'll read the rest and inform you of what happens.

Yeah I started watching Stargate and Atlantis a few months ago and keep watching the reruns on my satalite to catch up lol. I dont think they say it in that thread but after you have changed the bios settings and get it working you may need to reinstall Windows. I still had some random problems afterwards untill I reinstalled Windows.

I had some problems with the bios my board came with too so you may need to flash it to a newer version. Hope you get it working :)

Edited by Novaoblivion

Yeah I started watching Stargate and Atlantis a few months ago and keep watching the reruns on my satalite to catch up lol. I dont think they say it in that thread but after you have changed the bios settings and get it working you may need to reinstall Windows. I still had some random problems afterwards untill I reinstalled Windows.

586184599[/snapback]

No! I refuse! I just installed VS.NET, both 2003 and 2005. They take FOREVER.

Ok. By bumping the DDR Voltage to 3.2, I managed to get it stable.

I'm pretty sure 3.2 is what I was SUPPOSED to be running it at :blush:

I checked the RAM twice, the sticker doesn't mention voltage, nor is it anywhere on the package.

do you have OCZ gold VX? if not PUT THE VOLTAGE BACK DOWN before you kill something.

586212977[/snapback]

Yes, its the gold VX. :) I still don't see any mention of the proper voltage on the package or the heatsink though.

Yes, its the gold VX. :) I still don't see any mention of the proper voltage on the package or the heatsink though.

586217250[/snapback]

The PC3200 requires 3.2v at 2-2-2-6 and the PC4000 needs 3.3v at 2-2-2-8 i believe

My temps are fine. But I've discovered something interesting. The machine runs perfectly fine in single channel mode. Dual channel mode, even with known good RAM, causes errors. Since the memory controller is on the processor, could the processor be bad?

Had the same problem, ram was faulty got it rmaed and got new ram sent from california to the uk in two days.

I started from Stargate a few months ago, and have been watching them in order. All 194 episodes + the movie.

I just have Moebius and The Seige left to finish. I plan to watch them next week ;)

Edit, Actually, just read line one. Well, tried to anyone, of that link:

1. Those that cannot get but one stick going and it in slot #2 which is the first Orange slot in the from edge of board and where a single stick should be.

Poor grammar, but it seems to relate to my problem :D.

I'll read the rest and inform you of what happens.

586184571[/snapback]

Hey I dont watch stargate, but I met a girl who was supposedly on the show, can you confirm that she was infact on the show for me..

go to my wedding gallery and see if you see her http://www.studio7designs.com

yep thats the one that I was told was in the show

586221208[/snapback]

I'm relatively certain that she played a member of the Atlantean Council.

Stargate Atlantis.

She was the holographic message lady in 'Rising', and was a council member in 'Before I Sleep'

Heres a picture of the hologram.

Either thats her, Or I need a new monitor. :) (Probably both)

post-47827-1121494196.jpg