Problem with Wallpaper settings!

Hi there to all.

Recently I had a problem.

Usually, when changing a wallpaper, everything should be fast and nifty... and the Wallpaper settings will display out pretty fast when pressed on the "Desktop" tab (under Display Properties).

However, when I press on that, it takes about 1 minute to completely load, and the pictures it offers me for my wallpaper are those private photos from "My Pictures!"

I would like it to stop this and offer me wallpapers from the "WALLPAPER" folder instead.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

post-49725-1120969345.gif

Same here, I guess Microsoft just takes the pictures from my pictures..... I'll look into this....

Edit: Wallpapers are in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper (Window's deafult ones. I'll find a way to get rid of those, give me some time...

Delete the pictures (or move to another folder (not under MY PICTURES) to remove from the display list. Cheers :D

Edited by xX Dr4gon Xx

I'm not too sure about this, But i think Windows has a setting in the registry to make it read from the 'My Pictures' folder too for Wallpapers.

I also have this problem, It's extremely annoying.

i think it could be u have too many pics. limit the pics and try
Im 99.9% sure you are wrong.

i have the exciact oppisit problem i WANT it to display my pictures pictures any ideas?

If you have more than 200-250 ish (can't remember the exact number) pictures in your my pictures folder then they will not show up on the desktop wallpaper list.

After a little google search I have found that there is no way (at least that I can find) to stop windows using the my pictures folder.

One other small correction, apparently the number of pictures isn't as high as 200+ it's only around 100.

Yeah, its impossible to remove them from the list.. My adivce is to simply make a folder in teh my documents and name it "private pics" and move everything there. j

I'm not too sure about this, But i think Windows has a setting in the registry to make it read from the 'My Pictures' folder too for Wallpapers.

I also have this problem, It's extremely annoying.

i think it could be u have too many pics. limit the pics and try
Im 99.9% sure you are wrong.

586194235[/snapback]

If you have more than 200-250 ish (can't remember the exact number) pictures in your my pictures folder then they will not show up on the desktop wallpaper list.

After a little google search I have found that there is no way (at least that I can find) to stop windows using the my pictures folder.

One other small correction, apparently the number of pictures isn't as high as 200+ it's only around 100.

:D :crazy: