XPM Classic RC3

Heres my 2p's worth on this theme:

xpmclassic0er.jpg

Besides those gripes I like everything else about this theme, awesome job! :)

586232470[/snapback]

Start button padding: there for a reason. This theme is minimal (as such), but not compacted. Too small margins do not go with long term use.

Taskbar glyphs: staying as they are. I like them. Why are arrows necessary? It's not as if you don't know what they do...

Scribble: W9D logo. Stays :?)

Heres my 2p's worth on this theme:

xpmclassic0er.jpg

Besides those gripes I like everything else about this theme, awesome job! :)

586232470[/snapback]

i'm the opposite... i like all of those things :)

Thats a foobar bug neotool, if you DL Foobar 0.9, sliders appear as they should :?)

586228937[/snapback]

Weird. I see it in both beta 5 and beta 6 of foobar 0.9... anyone else have ideas/insights into fixing this?

People complain too much about the little things, which are usually the very same things that make good work stand out...

Start button padding: there for a reason. This theme is minimal (as such), but not compacted. Too small margins do not go with long term use.

Taskbar glyphs: staying as they are. I like them. Why are arrows necessary? It's not as if you don't know what they do...

586232511[/snapback]

Dunno about small margins etc, but I know I like my Start button bottom left as far possible.

Slightly OT: Dont know if you've noticed but with your B0se Classic V2 theme theres a problem. When you log on/off the (Normal Taskbar, Blue Scheme, with Full menu) taskbar sort goes off the screen, like it moves down a good few pixels till it cuts of the writing on start button.

oh man....thats gonna be nice once it has color and fonts.  Good job man...much better than regular old 'classic' winamp skins, which are quite boring.  Could you squeeze a little 'eject/open' button in there?  I do alot of single file playing instead of playlist and thats the one thing that bugs me about iTunes type skins...no button.  Ya Ya i know the keyboard shortcut, but still.  :)

586232236[/snapback]

Thank you, (and everyone else) for the feedback. I was actually going to add 2 more buttons to either side of the stop button, just wasnt sure which ones would be best. I have an old vcr that has the 6 button layout, and thats what gave me the idea in the first place.

b0se, thanks for the tip. I had a feeling that the buttons might be too large, making the entire skin feel bulky and the exact opposite of what i wanted. When I finish the main window to "perfection", i'll try to imitate that in a slimmed down version.

People complain too much about the little things, which are usually the very same things that make good work stand out...

586232543[/snapback]

it was only my opinion, relax.

Dunno about small margins etc, but I know I like my Start button bottom left as far possible.

Slightly OT: Dont know if you've noticed but with your B0se Classic V2 theme theres a problem. When you log on/off the (Normal Taskbar, Blue Scheme, with Full menu) taskbar sort goes off the screen, like it moves down a good few pixels till it cuts of the writing on start button.

586232541[/snapback]

so MOD the theme and move the start button :blink:

it was only my opinion, relax.

586232591[/snapback]

Yeah, my comment was only an opinion as well. No offense intended.

post-52348-1121713349.jpg

When pressed, is the "Start" text 1px too low?

586233067[/snapback]

I noticed this as well, but I think it's definitely supposed to look like this: it gives the impression that the button is actually pressed DOWN. I like it! :)

I found a bug with the Google Toolbar the buttons are a bit too high and they are slim, this bug occur with some themes, but not all.

Maybe there's a workaround ?

post-3237-1121719003_thumb.jpg

Does any of the Chinese people here have problems with the fonts in this theme? All my chinese characters are squished together. Please help me if you know how to fix it, Thanks!

Just fired up foobar2000 with that Azrael theme, and I was just wondering what those red T's are?

foobar2000.png

586234423[/snapback]

It means you haven't scanned the song using ReplayGain.

586232511[/snapback]

I have to disagree on the startbutton. It does look a lot better if you move the startbutton to the left. Besides it won't affect the usability in any way, since the startbutton is wide enough.

It would probably even enhance the usabiltiy, because if you want to click the startbutton you just whoop your mouse to the bottem left corner and if it is properly aligned to the left almost no aiming is needed.

Right now you have to aim a little bit right from the edge of the screen.

.... so your reason to place it there for usability doesn't really hold in my opinion.

I agree with "Too small margins do not go with long term use.", but in this case... no.

The taskbar glyphs: They are fine. Looks good, but it contradicts with what you say in the line above. Small things don't go with long term use... they are pretty small. Maybe the click area is bigger then the glyph itself, but still a user will experience it as hard to click if it is that small.

My opinion: sacrifice usability for looks in this case. Those aren't buttons that you use much anyways and if you do, you chose the wrong setup of your taskbar.

Edited by Schmoove

wow people scruitinize every detail that there is to squeeze out of what the author says. i believe, if i were the author of any skins i would be on the safe side and declare anything to be on a just because basis

Just fired up foobar2000 with that Azrael theme, and I was just wondering what those red T's are?

586234423[/snapback]

If you want them gone you can turn them off!

Open Preferences

Goto Display -> Columns UI -> Playlist view -> Globals tab

Under Variables there is a config part, and option 3 is "Show ReplyGain info in title column"

I have to disagree on the startbutton. It does look a lot better if you move the startbutton to the left. Besides it won't affect the usability in any way, since the startbutton is wide enough.

It would probably even enhance the usabiltiy, because if you want to click the startbutton you just whoop your mouse to the bottem left corner and if it is properly aligned to the left almost no aiming is needed.

.... so your reason to place it there for usability doesn't really hold in my opinion.

586235321[/snapback]

Uhm... actually you do NOT have to aim a little bit right from the edge to hit the start button.

I can just aim for the edge in the very bottom and very left and still hit the start button.

x0gg.gif

eww...program: photoshop

fix that X!

586235553[/snapback]

Ewww..... Why can't you be more polite? Bose is doing this out of his free time and resources, and yet you are being disrespectful?

586235321[/snapback]

But you dont... :blink: . The whole area is clickable, so I dont have to press the actual 'start' word...

I must say I like it as it is.