XPM Classic RC3

For those who use Messenger:Mate, I created a theme to skin the tabs like those wonderful ones in XPM Classic.

XPCMMtabs.jpg

b0se will include it in the next release, if you guys want it.

Thanks nemo, will add it to the first post right now.

Smith: nice icon set - thanks for pointing me in their direction (Y)

I may widen the start panel segments by 10px each for the Normal versions. Don't like cut-off text on the start panel :?)

I may widen the start panel segments by 10px each for the Normal versions. Don't like cut-off text on the start panel :?)

586238502[/snapback]

That would be great. I look forward to it. Many thanks.

That is not the point. The padding on the left creates the feeling for the user that you  can't click there....

But I'm not going to get into this, because it is of no use...

586237548[/snapback]

I don't want to be picky (if you dont like the button-padding, it probably REALLY doesnt fit your taste or preference, so I'm not going to argue about personal preference or whatever ;) ), but with my post I just wanted to add that I have absouletely no problem with the start button in it's current state and that I like the look. I really didn't mean to be nasty or whatever, if you know what I mean ;)

Anyway, this is nothing anybody should argue about so seriously .. thx to all skinners and visual theme authors for their hardwork.. may it be b0se, schmoove or anyone! :fun: :heart:

PS: please ignore any (spelling) mistakes, I had some beers before... yikes! :pinch:

Why maximize/minimize/close buttons are too small? Man, just increase it. Or talk about a way that how I can make it.

586238873[/snapback]

Want fries with that order?

XPM Classic

XP (M)inimal Classic

If you want large tonka-toy caption buttons look elsewhere.

Having said that, I'm looking into the caption bar, as the mis-aligned system window captions are getting to me. I may increase the button size by 1pixel each side (2 pixels higher in total, obviously) if I can fix them. The current implementation means I am resticted in button size.

Nitschi: Thanks (Y)

Why maximize/minimize/close buttons are too small? Man, just increase it. Or talk about a way that how I can make it.

586238873[/snapback]

I second that, they are a little on the small side.

I didnt like some of the "I design corporate interfaces" attitudes going on a little earlier in this thread. Interfaces are designed for users, and no amount of tricks aimed at peripheral vision or experience and "skills" are substitute for what the users think. I think designers need to take feedback or requests for changes with a pinch of salt too, after all if you ask for opinions you will get them. :)

586238873[/snapback]

i'll talk about it...

Get a copy of stylebuilder,load up the style and spend hundreds of hours figuring it out.. and hurry.. ill give you part two when your done.

I'll take some fries plz b0se. :laugh:

I'm glad to see b0se finally take a stand. This theme is very professional in design and the padding is definitely essential to complete the feel. I can't wait til this goes final and the other color variations are released. This is going to be the next Codename: Opus and, by that, I mean it's going to have many people like me stuck on using it for over a year.

Interfaces are designed for users, and no amount of tricks aimed at peripheral vision or experience and "skills" are substitute for what the users think.

586239100[/snapback]

I don't think you thought that out to be honest. Where/how do you think the techniques ('tricks' as you called them) came from? Made up? User feedback over years... :?)

I'll take some fries plz b0se.

:pp

Edit: Bangbang(Y))

Want fries with that order?

XPM Classic

XP (M)inimal Classic

If you want large tonka-toy caption buttons look elsewhere.

Having said that, I'm looking into the caption bar, as the mis-aligned system window captions are getting to me. I may increase the button size by 1pixel each side (2 pixels higher in total, obviously) if I can fix them. The current implementation means I am resticted in button size.

Nitschi: Thanks (Y)

586238947[/snapback]

Thats why I retired themeing :p

lol

586239454[/snapback]

I mean. I really feel you. You cant please everyone yet everyone will complain about that.

so true sanctified. What it boils down to is he is making this theme for himself and he is kind enough to share it with everyone as well as consider some of the feedback as well as take bug reports in order to have this theme be as usable as it can.

I can't wait for the final, and I hope to see a WB port with all the extras as well as a trillian theme.

I mean. I really feel you. You cant please everyone yet everyone will complain about that.

586239460[/snapback]

Tell me about it! Please a group, get stick from another as a result :?)

There is a line when it comes to updating from user requests, which I've just passed. Not even sure if I like the new slightly larger caption buttons. What you think?

post-21243-1121816429.png

Tell me about it! Please a group, get stick from another as a result :?)

There is a line when it comes to updating from user requests, which I've just passed. Not even sure if I like the new slightly larger caption buttons. What you think?

586239486[/snapback]

Thats cool. I also still think you should consider bringing the start button over to the left some more, perhaps a hint of a different colour would draw the users too it, could be substyle?. As others have said though, its your theme so do it your way. Ive just been saying what I would like to see.:pp

i like the current ones rather then those slighty larger ones.

586239513[/snapback]

Same, going back to the old ones. Big ones look to clunky.

yes...please leave it as it is...it's just right...I think you should just make this final as it is other than bug fixing. I think most of us see no other way for you to improve this..it's already very perfect....thanks for your VERY hard work..:yes: