XPM Classic RC3

Thanks for the feedback (Y)

Spooky, thanks for the bug report, but:

Bit of a pointless comment considering this is the RC1 release, in which I released deliberately to find bugs :?)

Where can I get that application? It seems that the erroneous buttons are because it can't seem to handle them being PNG format.

The combo because are because of the way the app renders them. I'll be trying a technique that sort this out while keeping the style.

586205829[/snapback]

Sorry about that comment. The application is called X-Develop, and you can get it from http://www.omnicore.com/. Shouldn't you be using JPG or BMP (or whatever Luna has)? What about the firefox combo boxes? If I remeber right, you didn't care about the Mozilla products when I asked you to fix OpusOs and Codename: Opus because you didn't use them. But now, Firefox has 10% of the marketshare.

Nice preview, I preferred those + glyphs for the close caption button you shown earlier but then, I haven't tried these yet, heh.

Hey, did you try that blue/green combo you mentioned the other day?

Sorry about that comment.? The application is called X-Develop, and you can get it from http://www.omnicore.com/.? Shouldn't you be using JPG or BMP (or whatever Luna has)?? What about the firefox combo boxes?? If I remeber right, you didn't care about the Mozilla products when I asked you to fix OpusOs and Codename: Opus because you didn't use them.? But now, Firefox has 10% of the marketshare.

586206586[/snapback]

So what if firefox has 10% if b0se doesn't want to fix it then he won't. If it bothers you that much fix it yourself.

Firefox should support using the native Windows skin.

586206914[/snapback]

Yes, of course. Like I said, I only used Opera because it renders combo's properly. I will more than likely change the combo box style to suite Firefox this time around though.

Preview of RC2:

586206212[/snapback]

i know it can be fixed via tinkering with opera skins, because some display it properly and some don't, but since it only happens on the 'native' skins, i figured there was something you could do with the msstyle that would change this.

any way to get the address bar area to display as solid white, instead of white with the tan border? i tried searching through the msstyle for the exact color (227,223,206) but everything that i turned to 'white' messed with the rest of the theme in bad, bad ways :(

xpmc.rc2.png

Yes, of course. Like I said, I only used Opera because it renders combo's properly. I will more than likely change the combo box style to suite Firefox this time around though.

586206965[/snapback]

Firefox and et al support native windows themes. It's just that they may assume some values (some pixel size, file types). Some themes that use the Luna values and change everthing, are displayed right. Kol's Luna mods are displayed right, for example. Even MS Office 2003 has problems with combos when b0se's themes are running.

b0se, if you manage to make X-Develop display right, XPM should work with any app. If you choose to test it with X-Develop, you have to restart the app each time you make a change, or it won't update.

This theme is quite fast, usable and is much nicer looking on your system than it looks in the screenshots. This is what the classic mode should look like in LH, for example.

Anyway, i'm very happy with it, it's faster than alot of themes that are "trendier" and it is more usable. Alot of themes are great the first week, but their bugs and general weirdness really annoy after a while.

This complements the default icons and feel of XP very well. I would like to say that the fonts are a little on the small side at 1280 x 1024.

The only thing I dislike are the buttons to close, minimize and mmm well those buttones...

At least in my computer they look TO small... :( :(

Averything else IS GREATE!!!!

Spooky:

If I remeber right, you didn't care about the Mozilla products when I asked you to fix OpusOs and Codename: Opus because you didn't use them.

No other themer listens to the feedback as much as I do, and I do not appreciate that sort of comment. I think anyone on this forum will agree also. The fact I've been a keen user of Firefox since its inception just goes to show what you actually (think you) know.

I've been using it for given and take 15 minutes and this VS is so relaxing on your eyes, damn i almost fell asleep lol, is there gonna be a winamp skin as well?

This takes on InspiratSE very well, tough choice between the two, i need another PC so i can run them both :p

Thanks neotool :?)

FrostedFlames is working on a Winamp skin, the second I know anything, you guys will :?)

Btw, Spooky, I've fixed the X-Develop bug.