6 Screenshots of House of Dead Xbox 360

I have all the Silent Hill games on the PS2.  I don't get your flat face remark because none of their faces look flat at all.  Silent Hill games probably have the best looking character renders.

With these screenshots, the texturing looks crappy.  It's like everything is plasticized and smoothed.

586199087[/snapback]

That's because you must artificially recreate everything to make a realistic high quality models today, in the old days of low quality models you would just take a photo of someone and strech it to the model, these days are over.

this is half of the work,it's an alpha kit -duh- when the product is totally finished it will look way better of course

586199125[/snapback]

Read my post above: IT WILL LOOK THE SAME, JUST RUN FASTER.

Of course, that only applies if they don't redo all the graphics.

you would just take a photo of someone and strech it to the model

586199122[/snapback]

That is exactly how I would describe the texturing on these models.

Dude you even know what you are talking about? You are so silly you  have to see never games in action to see what they are all about, screenshots don't justify anymore since the light sources are constantly changing, unlike the PS2 era and you see lot of the facial features reflect that and shade correctly considering where the light source comes from. It has FAR higher polygon count and is far more detailed than a simple texture added to a very low polygon model, you know how ugly the PS2 models look at different angles?

586199045[/snapback]

The uglies at different angles, this game is unplayable!

silent_screen010.jpg

silenthill3_screen002.jpg

These aren't 360 shots, they're Segas new arcade board. It uses a totally different graphics chip.

It might not have anything to do with 360s hardware.

These aren't 360 shots, they're Segas new arcade board.  It uses a totally different graphics chip. 

It might not have anything to do with 360s hardware.

586199380[/snapback]

true, topic should be closed

Where did you get the information about which is on an alpha kit and which is on a beta kit? Because I've seen these 6 screenshots posted on loads of different sites and forums and there was do distinction between the two. The place where these images are hosted make no seperation as well:

http://www.videogameslife.com/images/gallery.asp?id=1694

Just interested is all...

The Following picture is House of Dead 3 on Xbox, see the difference?

dead_screen003.jpg

586198937[/snapback]

Thats because the xbox version was ported from the dreamcast and the dreamcast was ported from the arcade.

/shudder*

The Following picture is House of Dead 3 on Xbox, see the difference?

dead_screen003.jpg

586198937[/snapback]

i have a dreamcast with house of the dead 2 and that bit is right from the beginning, only difference i can see is the bikes on the left were not there on the dreamcast

i have a dreamcast with house of the dead 2 and that bit is right from the beginning, only difference i can see is the bikes on the left were not there on the dreamcast

586200275[/snapback]

Haha, yeah, that SS is HOTD 2. Dunno what the original poster was smoking.

jmole you really have to learn about how 3D works dude... If you see the PS2 version then the face is pretty flat and it has no bump mapping like you see on the x360 version, that really makes difference when you see light sources running around. Sure it could look aLOT better but it's just another brain-dead zombie game, they are not supposed to spend to much on creating them even if id belives in that crap.

586199019[/snapback]

I don't care about whether it's bump-mapped or how many pixels it has, or what blablablabl, the PS2 screeny looks ALOT better than that Xbox360 screeny.

End of.

The uglies at different angles, this game is unplayable!

silent_screen010.jpg

silenthill3_screen002.jpg

586199174[/snapback]

nice try with posting a rendered video from silent hill 3, its evident with the black bars top and bottom, what i posted were ingame pics of the game a year ahead of launch. so basically either you didnt know it was rendered video from the game or you lied. you decide

I don't care about whether it's bump-mapped or how many pixels it has, or what blablablabl, the PS2 screeny looks ALOT better than that Xbox360 screeny.

End of.

586202585[/snapback]

You won't be seing screenshots while you are playing but fine with me, live in your dream world.

So, Beta/Alpha?

586202684[/snapback]

The top ones look alpha the bottom look beta, thats my assumption but looking at beyond3d and teamxbox they are both saying this is using the Chiro 360 board which Sega will use for thier Arcade games so the screens are arcade shots, I just posted what Videogameslife said that it was xbox 360 shots