internal usb connection

I am goign to buy a 4 USB 2.0 3.5" drive, but I see that it works with usb 2.0, isnt there one that connects straight to the USB ports on the mobo? anyways, what do I need to connect this to my mobo?

(ponders to self) *so that's what those internal USB ports are for....*

well, assuming the fact that it supplied a pci-slot cover thing with the notch out of it, it CAN be used with the USB ports on the I/O panel. Or, you could get a PCI USB 2.0 card, which most of them have at least one internal USB 2.0 port. don't know why you'd want a hub that connects to the motherboard. only USB port connections on the motherboard are pins for stuff like front-side USB panel connectors and stuff.

edit: something like this maybe

Edited by ElementalDragon

no...... that's what the PCI slot cover is for. pretty sure the USB cable goes through the little notch taken out of the cable if you DON'T have one of the internal USB ports. either way, the hyperlink i added to my previous post shows a USB 2.0 PCI card with 4 external, 1 internal USB 2.0 ports for less than $10

edit: huh..... what are the odds of that..... both of us posting the same exact card. yeah, that card will do fine.

would this solve my problem?

586203739[/snapback]

looks easier to figure out..if you look on the back of the other one..there's that fat connection on the far right..and i don't know of a cable (off the top of my head) that would connect to it..or at least that connection doesn't look familiar

there's that fat connection on the far right..and i don't know of a cable (off the top of my head) that would connect to it..or at least that connection doesn't look familiar

are you talking about this?

it look like an ordinary USB 2.0 port to me

post-47065-1121211429_thumb.jpg