What's the best Audio Player

Question

i'm currently using ITunes, but now i want to switch to something else. i need a player which is low on resources, starts fast, has all or at least many of those features which ITunes has, like being able to burn cd's from playlists and so on.

the most important criteria is the user interface, it has to be simple and not ugly...

so please, share you suggestions

i also don't want it to look or be similar in a way to the winamp design. i'd prefer something like a media library editor like ITunes

If you can find the earlier versions of Winamp anywhere i suggest you download them. The lateset Winamps are complete resource ######.

no i don't like winamp, besides i used it before i switched to itunes. now i just want to know, maybe there's something better

foobar2000, by far. spend some time with it, getting it how you like it, and your music experience will be priceless.

Billy is good too, if you want a no-hassle player that does simply what an audio player has to do: play music. don't expect it to have any advanced features, though. also, i don't know if it's a placebo effect, but Billy seems to have a somewhat distorded and muffled sound when compared to my fb2k. still, almost unnoticeable.

as far as what you're looking for, musikCube seems to be the best alternative. just stay away from the Apple nazis.

I just tried out musikCube and it's really nice and doesn't use tons of memory.

After adding my music folder to iTunes it used ~80mb memory, musicCube is using only 13mb!!!

I like a library function, so i prefer players like this (but fb2k is nice for just a player).

Just removed winamp5 :-)

Cheers,

lithium-

Hey guys, question about Foobar2000, does it have a media library like Winamp does? The only reason I use Winamp is for the media library, but I don't like it that much because of the resourses it takes up.