What's the best Audio Player

Question

i'm currently using ITunes, but now i want to switch to something else. i need a player which is low on resources, starts fast, has all or at least many of those features which ITunes has, like being able to burn cd's from playlists and so on.

the most important criteria is the user interface, it has to be simple and not ugly...

so please, share you suggestions

have u tried any others? maybe that's why it's your fav  :happy:

586228370[/snapback]

Yes, I've tried WinAmp, Real, Windows Media Player, and ITunes. All rubbish!

billy

586226590[/snapback]

I so agree...it is the ONLY media player that can play my music while I play game. You go try it with iTunes, WMP, they will lag like there is no tomorow and some times just die...I love my billy... :blush:

I so agree...it is the ONLY media player that can play my music while I play game. You go try it with iTunes, WMP, they will lag like there is no tomorow and some times just die...I love my billy... :blush:

586228888[/snapback]

I totally agree. Sheepfriends - Billy is the lightest around. Sounds great and no bloat. It's the only thing that works when I'm ripping & browsing at the same time. I use it a lot. The only other one that works for me is WinampPro. I was a iTunes user for years, prior to the windows versions. Once I got used to Winamp, it became my player of choice. Just as easy as iTunes, once you've used it awhile, imho.

Doesn't get easier than this:

post-55382-1121633329.gif

Edited by Erftek

Damn, just downloaded musikcube and I LOVE it. So simple to use and so great. One thing that sucks is that WMA isn't supported as default. You could just download a plugin to fix that though :D. I'd go with Musikcube all the way!

I use a whole bunch, trying to decide which one to stick with :D

Currently favoring Foobar2000, Billy, musikCube, WMP10

Currently not favoring Winamp 5, Mercury Audio Player, QCD

Currently using iTunes, w/ Multi-Plugin :D

I have Foobar installed as well, but I haven't customized any of it.

I haven't tried MusikCube or Apollo.

Used to use winamp, then moved to music cube for a bit...

I'm now back with my ex-worst enemy :| Windows Media Player :)

It used to be sluggish but I reckon it's alright now. It's not perfect, but it's alright :)

well, from what i can say, WMP works for me only when i watch videos and movies, but when it comes to listening to MP3's, the audio quality really suxs :( ....

ps. i guess i'll just stick to ITunes for now. It's good enough, the only problem is that it takes too much time to start up. :hmmm: