What's the best Audio Player

Question

i'm currently using ITunes, but now i want to switch to something else. i need a player which is low on resources, starts fast, has all or at least many of those features which ITunes has, like being able to burn cd's from playlists and so on.

the most important criteria is the user interface, it has to be simple and not ugly...

so please, share you suggestions

Foobar2000 is for sure.

Just don't listen to WMP and WinAMP fanatics, they just don't want to learn how to customize/configure foobar properly.

Foobar2000 is for sure.

Just don't listen to WMP and WinAMP fanatics, they just don't want to learn how to customize/configure foobar properly.

586279485[/snapback]

Well... that's not actually true. Winamp has some features that make it much better than Foobar. I tried for a good long while to use Foobar, but the fact that global hotkeys don't really work all that well is a real bummer for me (laptop user). The fact that it doesn't have a proper media library (and that it's based on playlists only) also kinda sucks.

I'm just wondering (since I couldn't find the answer) - why don't you like Winamp, Ilya? On my computer right now, it's using 6 MB of RAM with a media library of 2262 items (20.31 GB). Not too bad on performance, if you ask me.

Adding my vote to Foobar2k. Good right out of "the box" but give it time and learn how to set it up and tweak all things and its simply a beauty to use.

Can be advanced or as simple as you want and has most fuctions you could want (and supports pretty much all formats I have come across). And dont forget the Masstagger. That alone makes the play such a clear choice over the others.

used winamp for 5+ years and within the last month have found my way to foobar2000, i'm not sure if i will ever use winamp again.

if you know some chinese, you can give this a try~~ i use this for a good long time now, maybe it is good for me, but not good for you , i know some chinese . so .. lol...

take a look

post-72725-1122532067_thumb.jpg

i've used it before, and then i switched to ITunes. It's just that i prefer an audio player, which acts as a media library at the same time...

i've used it before, and then i switched to ITunes. It's just that i prefer an audio player, which acts as a media library at the same time...

586292662[/snapback]

But Winamp has a media library built in... aside from the store and network streaming, I can't really think of anything that iTunes has that Winamp doesn't.