[rel] VistaXP WindowBlinds

It's a highly sophisticated  skin, but you could you add a glow to the start button?

586835832[/snapback]

I can add glow to start button, buttons and other parts but I dont want to. I'll create another skin that I have in mind that will have glow everywhere :D

I can add glow to start button, buttons and other parts but I dont want to. I'll create another skin that I have in mind that will have glow everywhere :D

586835908[/snapback]

When when wheeeeeen???? :woot:

Umm, got a couple of bugs here :s

problem17ha.th.png

problem26wb.th.png

The two buttons to the right don't work....they're over to the left :s

-Rich-

586836087[/snapback]

That's not a bug if you people read my comments or readme file you'll know why the buttons are like that.

Umm, got a couple of bugs here :s

problem17ha.th.png

problem26wb.th.png

The two buttons to the right don't work....they're over to the left :s

-Rich-

586836087[/snapback]

"In all BETA 2 versions the log off buttons on the Start Menu doesn't work. The buttons are hidden in the white area. The buttons can't be done that way because WindowBlinds dont have control over that text. I made it that way to keep the feel of the Window Vista Beta 2 concept."

KoL Clearly stated that.

I don't have X, Max, Min buttons with firefox. I also can't move the firefox window... what's up with that?!

-edit-

A pic of it: (the startbutton is also not round)

1234jr.jpg

-edit

solved that firefox thing. Now only the startbutton....

Edited by G-unit Soldier

I don't have X, Max, Min buttons with firefox. I also can't move the firefox window... what's up with that?!

-edit-

A pic of it: (the startbutton is also not round)

1234jr.jpg

-edit

solved that firefox thing. Now only the startbutton....

586836618[/snapback]

You need beta 3 to get it to show properly

Great Theme, thanks! Just one thing I can't seem to get the icons to work. When I download the file vistalcons.rar it asks for an application to open it. I didn't know if I should choose WindowBlinds or not but when I did nothing happens. Can someone tell me exactly how to get the Vista icons?

There are many methods to do this. One is to make copies of explorer.exe, iexplore.exe, shell32.dll, etc and use ResHacker to replace the icons, or use a program that changes them for you. The replacement method takes longer but works better.

Can someone send me the latest build of WB5??? :D

586837392[/snapback]

That would be illegal. Just open up Stardock Central and use your OD subscription access to get the latest version.

WiindowBlinds 5 has an official release date: November 29! It's hard to believe that WindowBlinds 4 is almost 3 years old.
So what, wb5 in about a week. :D

But it ****es me off that the Vista theme, Arrow, is a ripoff of VistaXP. Check the Start Button :huh:

regarding the start button, crimsonhead, i think you'll find mike's Arrow skin was updated before kol updated VistaXP. there is no ripoff by either skinner. i have both skins on my system. i don't use either of them but i do have them. there are differences between the skins.

regarding the start button, crimsonhead, i think you'll find mike's Arrow skin was updated before kol updated VistaXP. there is no ripoff by either skinner. i have both skins on my system. i don't use either of them but i do have them. there are differences between the skins.

586837987[/snapback]

Right :happy:, Mike didn't rip anything off of KoL's theme, you can see the start button is a lot darker and clearer in KoL's theme, and it has no glow either. KoL also has a transparent start menu, Mike's Arrow theme doesn't.

586837987[/snapback]

It just seems to me that the two skins are progressing at the same rate. Not just the start button, that was bound to happen with the beta 2 concept art.

Meh, I don't like how arrow looks. It's like vistaxp's ugly twin sister. :\

explain to me how my post which did nothing more than state that neither skin is a rip of the other led to two posts degrading Arrow? i said nothing in my post that could be taken as negative towards either skin, did i? kol made one. mike made one. leave it at that. there is no need for derogatory comments about either skin. both are excellent skins in their own right. cheers.