Design Windows Vista logo

Question

My god, how dense are people?  Vista is pernounced "viss-ta", not "vee-sta."  The Terminator references seem kinda stupid in light of that.  :rolleyes:

586251599[/snapback]

Actually. It's pronounced vee-sta. Viss-ta is when you pronounce it in English.

what about this, they wana call it 'vee-sta'? oww the name get worse. I think the name will be complety difrent. Someone said Windows FX, i take it that was a joke. Windows FX is real, its a copy of XP pro with add on and tweaks. Not made by microsoft.

post-76525-1122026542.png

Actually. It's pronounced vee-sta. Viss-ta is when you pronounce it in English.

586251925[/snapback]

Just because United State of American's decided to change the english language to suit there needs does not excuse the fact that it is pronounced viss-ta.

And "Arnold Swarz/Terminator" does not count as pronouncing it properly... especially with that accent of his.

Just because United State of American's decided to change the english language to suit there needs does not excuse the fact that it is pronounced viss-ta.

And "Arnold Swarz/Terminator" does not count as pronouncing it properly... especially with that accent of his.

586252001[/snapback]

Wtf does arnold have to do with Vista?

vista

n : the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views" [syn: view, aspect, prospect, scene, panorama]

Thats what it means in english.

The word vista on its own in the terminator sense does not mean anything.

I would imagine microsofts whole thing is going to be:

Microsoft Vista - Expanding horizons

/k

Vista isn't an English word. It's italian (m-w) and also commonly used in Spanish (where most of the US gets it from I think) and "viss-ta" is the half-assed pronounciation of it (as usual with all the other spanish words).

Here in Australia (and in Boston I think, for that matter) we don't pronounce the letter 'R' out loud, so for us, Longhorn might as well be...

post-35556-1122031502.jpg

Ok...I started working on a "could be" logo for vista...and I ended up with a wall paper....I have no idea what happened inbetween...if you like it use it.....

post-37428-1122034202_thumb.jpg