[NHL] Official Buyout & Signings Thread

M. Lapointe: to Chicago

586324861[/snapback]

For who? I thought he just signed... so now he's being traded? Not too sure I'd like that if I were him, lol

Not that I've heard. Maybe Atlanta can get Lecavalier :D

I'm sure you all think I'm crazy, but it is just wrong that Pitt. can have such a good team going in to the start of the season. Plus, the Thrashers have lost their Captain AGAIN, for those of you not follwing my team, we have had a different Captain every year.

domi's agent said that domi wont be a leaf this year on radio station MOJO 640

the leaf's havn't done too much and are loosing alot of players...

domi's agent said that domi wont be a leaf this year on radio station MOJO 640

the leaf's havn't done too much and are loosing alot of players...

586325748[/snapback]

The Leafs are going to have an overaged goalie, Sundin, Jeff O'Neil and a bunch of AHLers.

Not that I've heard. Maybe Atlanta can get Lecavalier :D

I'm sure you all think I'm crazy, but it is just wrong that Pitt. can have such a good team going in to the start of the season. Plus, the Thrashers have lost their Captain AGAIN, for those of you not follwing my team, we have had a different Captain every year.

586325123[/snapback]

Atlanta doesn't have enough solid veterans to have a true captain, if you ask me. Almost all their veterans are either mediocre or aging fast. They just need to pick a young captain for once.

Atlanta doesn't have enough solid veterans to have a true captain, if you ask me. Almost all their veterans are either mediocre or aging fast. They just need to pick a young captain for once.

586325924[/snapback]

agreed

didn't they pick up a older skilled player though? or am i mistaken...

Leafs don't look too good this season. Theres a chance they land Allison and/or Lindros though

Also theres a lot of talk here in Mtl of Lecavalier comming in through trade and/or Kariya being signed

as for new signings...

Jeremy Roenick + draft pick to LA for future considerations to Philly

Malakhov, McGillis and Rafalski sign with NJ Devils

Langkow signs with Calgary

Anaheim resigns Rob Neidermayer... Rob and Scott on the same team?

Buffalo signs Teppo Numminen

Pittsburg signs Andre Roy

btw fred666 and berdusco. word is Domi goes to Pens

Wow, Philly was really desperate to make some cap room, eh? AND a draft pick?

Give the Leafs some time. It seems like a lot of teams are waiting to see what good deals they can make after some of these teams are done giving away silly amounts of money. Leafs will have to do a little restructuring, though.

agreed

didn't they pick up a older skilled player though? or am i mistaken...

586325937[/snapback]

They just got Holik, I think they should make Heatley the captain.

domi with the pens sounds interesting

i kinda hope that lecavlier doesn't go to the habs cause i dont want montreal to trade koivu or anything, but kariya sounds nice there

i'd sacrifice Koivu for Lecavalier. They both avg the same in points, but Lecavalier is much bigger than Koivu, and is certainly more exciting to watch but i dont think Koivu is gonna go for lecavalier anyways.

yeah i read somewhere that they were interested in trading koivu

personally id love to see lecavlier, koivu, and kariya all on the same team, but i think thats rather unlikely

man, the flyers lost everybody :(

this sucks...

586326226[/snapback]

I would dump everybody for Forsberg! :o

Even though Dallas got Modano kinda cheap.. I still wanted him to move on, after his last season, he is just not as good as people think he is. He can come up will some spectacular plays once in a blue moon, but simply doesn't have enough production and gets hurt easy. He seems to try some crazy move all the time and gets smoked by someone, and then takes forever to get back in the lineup. Now the Stars are locked in for 5 years :(

Edited by quick

man, the flyers lost everybody :(

this sucks...

586326226[/snapback]

r u kidding me? lets see who you have:

Forsberg

Rathje

Hatcher

Primeau

Desjardins

Handzus

Brasher

Esche

Gagne

but i hear Bobby might be shipping Gagne around. I bet someone can get him for cheap

Detroit signs Chelios and Frazen (a draft pick from last year... their scouts are really high on him -- he's getting the rookie max and is actually going to play 3rd or 4th line center).

Holland is trying to get Zatta, Dats and Williams back, but he said it's hard. He expects all to be signed, but there's no deadline. Holland wants Williams to be a regular player now, too.

Holland is trying to add some size and a new goalie. Osgood is extremely likely to come back, but Holland said he's got 3 or 4 guys he's talking to (no big-name free agents... he said he's not doing that).

Chelios will be a 3rd team defensive pair, playing around 16 to 18 min per game (good choice, IMO). He signed for under a million... Chelios = class act.

Also: Detroit is negotiating with with Per Ledin, a Sweedish player, who was one of the best offensive players in his league. He's supposed to be an amazing offensive talent, but not too hot on defense.

Edited by Scorpio

yeah, we're in good shape, i just meant we lost everybody, like almost all of our big name players. i liked leclair, amonte and J.R. i guess i just gotta get used to change :p

yeah, we're in good shape, i just meant we lost everybody, like almost all of our big name players.  i liked leclair, amonte and J.R.  i guess i just gotta get used to change :p

586327124[/snapback]

or root for whatever team they play for now :)