Windows Vista Beta 1

Hello PPL!

Just registered today and just downloaded Vista B1 from MSDN (my company's subcription), I have been running it with no trouble at all for most of the day (as a matter of fact I am running in it now). However, my only issue is that I don't have AERO GLASS!! I have used TweakVista with no luck ('Run as a DLL has stopped working' or something like it).

I have a Dell XPS2 so I think my video card (Geforce Go 6800 Ultra) should be able to give me the glass effect! Anyone know any way to force it or any other way?

Any help would be appreciated!!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :laugh: .....somehow I feel that is not the BEST word for it..

:rofl:...nosey....

*shakes head...kids these days..:laugh:* j/k

586288872[/snapback]

give it a try ;x

Still can't get any sound drivers i hit 2 walls new os and 64bit..... damm but all is looking up. need P.S.Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver 64bit

man oh man...I just got the download from Connect and now I got this 2GB image sitting on my desktop, I'm looking at it and I'm REALLY just wondering if I should even give this beta a run for its money. So far (And I've read this thread from page 1) only 3 people out of all that have installed Beta 1 have it running nice. I really don't know If I should install this...

And again, anyone sense the irony?. 50% of that image are drivers and yet, we have people complaning every second about the lack of support..:rofl:

sigh...maybe I shoud sleep on this..

586288780[/snapback]

I installed it earlier today and it's working great. All the people with successful installs must be playing around with it, and everyone else comes here for help :p

The only drivers I had to install manually were for my SBLive!5.1, USB Bluetooth, onboard sound & onboard lan. It dealt with everything else quickly and easily :)

Still can't get any sound drivers i hit 2 walls new os and 64bit..... damm but all is looking up. need P.S.Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver 64bit

586288900[/snapback]

screen shots of the wall?...:D :D...are they any good?

Can I install this even if I do not have a DVD burner? Able to run the exe from windows itself and maybe dual boot or something? Don't feel like downloading from MSDN if I can't.

thanks

Can I install this even if I do not have a DVD burner?  Able to run the exe from windows itself and maybe dual boot or something?  Don't feel like downloading from MSDN if I can't.

thanks

586288926[/snapback]

I was told you can mount the image, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about that yet...:/

I installed it earlier today and it's working great. All the people with successful installs must be playing around with it, and everyone else comes here for help :p

The only drivers I had to install manually were for my SBLive!5.1, USB Bluetooth, onboard sound & onboard lan. It dealt with everything else quickly and easily :)

586288918[/snapback]

What video card?

I was told you can mount the image, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about that yet...:/

586288936[/snapback]

Mount the image...enter key..next...reboots.installs... done...

Anyone got it to install under Virtrual Server (or Virtual PC)?

I got an error saying the partition table is corrupt and it's got an unformatted hard disk image attached to the machine.

Well, I give up. I can't get it to install on my laptop for anything. I even deleted the entire hardrive so it was blank. Still freezes at the same point when I boot off the DVD.

586288612[/snapback]

my installation froze for like 30 minutes mid-way too, just keep waiting, at least mine went thru eventually

Wow, FullScreen browsing in IE actually means Full Screen. The toolbar and such disappears until you put your mouse at the top. Great for presenting websites.

my installation froze for like 30 minutes mid-way too, just keep waiting, at least mine went thru eventually

586289032[/snapback]

I'm guessing here, but there is a bug in Windows Small Business Server 2003 where if you choose a language other than US English, it takes ages (sometimes hours) to install.

Just a thought.

i get a BSOD i get the following error Stop: 0x0000007b when i try to install LH, this even happens to me when i try and install windowXP its really ****ing anoying

i get a BSOD i get the following error Stop: 0x0000007b when i try to install LH, this even happens to me when i try and install windowXP its really ****ing anoying

586289067[/snapback]

Probably a hardware issue.

Hello!

I posted a while ago... Can anyone help me? :( I am using an XPS2 with Windows Vista and I don't see the Glass interface.... I already tried TweakVista to no avail....!!

586289067[/snapback]

same problem here :cry:

Michael

Now I can just mount with Alcohol?  Or does it come with it's own mounting software?

Thanks

586289033[/snapback]

Just use Daemon Tools or alcohol to mount the image under xp like you would mount any other image.

Installation starts automatically and speaks for it self (and takes care of it self)

Nope no indication. Like I said, I cant get past the Longhorn Boot screen. I do not get to any point that I can interact at all. When I try to do the install in XP, I tell it to install on the 2nd partition, It installs everything on my XP drive and after reboot, freezes again. I am seriously frustrated.

586288637[/snapback]

That sucks. Have you tried disabling random things in your BIOS, or updating your BIOS? I think you should report your problem to Microsoft.