Windows Vista Beta 1

Can you PM me exactly how you installed drivers?

586289019[/snapback]

PM sent :)

Hehe, right when I sent that I found the official ATi instructions that say basically the same thing I suggested

ATI Beta1 OTB Install Instructions

1.	run ATI_BETA1_OTB.EXE 
2.	right click on ?My Computer? 
3.	click ?Manage? 
4.	click ?Device Manager? on left window pane 
5.	locate ?Display Adapters? on right window pane 
6.	right click on ?ATI graphic adapter? 
7.	click ?Update Driver? 
8.	choose ?No, not this time? and click ?Next? 
9.	choose ?Install from a list or specific location? and click ?Next? 
10.	choose ?Don?t search. I will choose the driver to install? and click ?Next? 
11.	click ?Have Disk? 
12.	click ?Browse? 
13.	navigate to the folder with the unpacked driver files 
14.	select ?atiilhag.inf? and click ?Open? 
15.	click ?OK? 
16.	click ?Next? (security alert will show)
17.	click ?Install Now? 
18.	click ?Finish? 
19.	click ?Close? 
20.	click ?Yes? to reboot the system 

Hello!

I posted a while ago... Can anyone help me?  I am using an XPS2 with Windows Vista and I don't see the Glass interface.... I already tried TweakVista to no avail....!!

Nobody has it enabled yet!!!!!!! NOBODY AT ALL

There thats an answer for you, your just gonna have to wait till someone figures it out, right now NOBODY HAS

There thats an answer for you, your just gonna have to wait till someone figures it out, right now NOBODY HAS

586289117[/snapback]

What are you talking about? It enabled itself for me right off the bat

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/vicio...ewxexplorer.jpg << My SS

EDIT: I also stupidly played around with TweakVista trying to enable Aero Metal, which I figured wouldn't work, and the next time I loaded Vista the glass effect was gone. I got it back by using TweakVista and enabling ONLY "Enable DWM on system startup and Enable DWM effects on unsupported cards (yeah even though my card is supported), and setting the Window Style to Aero Glass.

586289117[/snapback]

:blush: LOL dang it! I've spent all day avoiding work in order to install this only for the Glass effect.... thanks for the reply anyways! :D

UPDATE: Now i don't understand... what vid card do you have Acezo?

I am trying to install Vista. I have Asus K8V K8T800 motherboard and Western Digital SATA HD. My mohterboard uses VIA chipset. When I try to install Vista, it cannot find my HD. I have driver on the floppy and the floppy is in the drive, but set up can't find driver. How can I fix this problem?

"I also stupidly played around with TweakVista trying to enable Aero Metal"

There's an Aero Metal? Is it just Aero Glass with no effects or a whole different theme?

Glass effect works (with no tweaks) on mine too. 128mb ATI Radeon Mobility X300 running here.

586289152[/snapback]

I have Geforce Go 6800 Ultra... and it doesn't.... I don't get it.... :unsure:

I have Geforce Go 6800 Ultra... and it doesn't.... I don't get it....  :unsure:

586289158[/snapback]

I have a geforce 440mx ****ty card but it has 128mb, and it doesnt work either

"I also stupidly played around with TweakVista trying to enable Aero Metal"

There's an Aero Metal? Is it just Aero Glass with no effects or a whole different theme?

586289162[/snapback]

I think it's either an old feature to use with Jade or Slate in past LH builds, or a theme not yet implemented. If you try to enable it (at least when I did) it just goes to Aero with no glass effect (but still has the transitions and all the other pretty stuff)

Ok, anyone know how to tell if your DVD iso image is corrupted?

586289150[/snapback]

The MD5 is:

8E7DD8F00DE969BA362293A8192EF177

2,598,658,048 bytes

The most surpriceing thing about this beta is that it's more compatible than Windows XP x64.

In x64 theres a lot of problem, and 50% of the software does not work properly - so far most software seems to work fine in Vista x32. I though Vista was supposed to be a completely new platform?

I have a geforce 440mx ****ty card but it has 128mb, and it doesnt work either

586289168[/snapback]

But mine is not DX7, it's DX9... even SM 3.0... the MR X300 is a SM 2.0... :unsure: i tried TweakVista but nothing, I get an error when I run it... Anyone with an 6800 Go Ultra gotten it to work? or any known hacks?

The MD5 is:

8E7DD8F00DE969BA362293A8192EF177

2,598,658,048 bytes

586289188[/snapback]

And my next question is how do I check that?

i know no one can give me a real answer, but do you think the final wont need as gooder graphics card as this beta 1 needs?

586289220[/snapback]

I know I can't jump to the moon, but boy do I keep jumping ;)

Try contacting a dev.

I am trying to install Vista.  I have Asus K8V K8T800 motherboard and Western Digital SATA HD.  My mohterboard uses VIA chipset.  When I try to install Vista, it cannot find my HD.  I have driver on the floppy and the floppy is in the drive, but set up can't find driver.  How can I fix this problem?

586289145[/snapback]

no body is willing to help me? :(

Here is my impression of it, i love windows vista.

It as installed without issue's i can access all my progs from windowsxp as per i have installed vista on diffrent drive.(slave drive)

i can play all my games from the windowsxp drive from within vista.

Only thing is that the aero glass effect like in the video's and the pic's that where posted that showed it , well dont work for me. But hey i can't complain.

Here are my specs :

Motherboard = Asus A8V Deluxe

Video Card = Gforce 4 mx 400 64meg

ram = 1024 ddr 400

2 x 80gig HD

etc.etc.

that info that was needed as been describe.

Now one there is something i need to know, is the special effects only for ati vids or for all but better on ati.

another thing is Guild Wars play's very nice in vista, even better i find, specially the graphics.

Ho, and i installed the same drivers from nvidia website that i use for windowsxp. weird hey!

hksfv can also check md5, but doesnt microsofts FTM already check the iso?

http://www.big-o-software.com/products/hksfv/

586289242[/snapback]

You would assume so....

The problem I had was not due to the FTM. I successfully downloaded the iso to my workstation, then copied it to the server .... at which point the iso became corrupt. I didn't find this out until the installer failed after I had mounted the iso. The installer got about 10 min into the copy file process, then froze.

The workstation iso checked out fine, but the server copy was corrupt.