Windows Vista Beta 1

I'd like to know this also.

586295599[/snapback]

In display settings go to advanced. There you can change the DPI, which I BELIEVE changes the size of the icons. Read what it says and try it out. I never tried it because it requires a reboot and I dont find the icons too annoying at my max res of 1280x1024.

Anyone get it working correctly with an Audigy 2 ZS?

I have the drivers installed, but get garbled sound after playing a song or so.

586295886[/snapback]

i installed my drivers using XP compatibility, and that solved the problem, however, mine isnt an audigy of any time, so it might not apply, but tis worth a shot

i installed my drivers using XP compatibility, and that solved the problem, however, mine isnt an audigy of any time, so it might not apply, but tis worth a shot

586295915[/snapback]

The setup on my machine runs fine, so the XP Compatbility mode would be pointless.

I've also tried to point it directly to the drivers from Device Manager. Same problems...

The setup on my machine runs fine, so the XP Compatbility mode would be pointless.

I've also tried to point it directly to the drivers from Device Manager.  Same problems...

586295928[/snapback]

Thats my point, when i installed standard, i had your issue, when i selected XP compat., the issue fixed itsself

could be coincidence, granted, but still

Seems like everyone have this issue with their sound cards... I have an Audigy 2 Value with same problem. Weird that theres no driver included in Vista...

I also met  this problem!

ai first i only build one subarea ,and windows appeared the message the same as yours!

then i build another subarea,all is OK NOW!

586295308[/snapback]

Subarea? You mean... Partition?

I'm installing onto my Backup Drive (Where my backups are kept) and I cannot create a new partition, nor do I want to format it. (I guess I could, and make some new backups...)

But what can I do to get past that error during install?

i think i'm the only one with a geforce fx 5200 who isn't able to use glass.....tried everything...the lddm drivers in vista force vista to boot with in vga-mode and nvidias lddm drivers crash with a blue screen.....

I'm trying to install Vista to VMWare 5 but no matter i do, everytime i get the same error.

I tried everything and none of them worked.

I'm using 7GB partition partitioned with XP Setup (also tried with my old Partiton Magic floppies) with 256MB RAM allocated - tried with both WinXP and Longhorn Experimental profiles in VMWare.

I see people got installed on their VMWare's.

So what am i doing wrong ?

post-15612-1122717088.png

no your not the only oe :D i also have an 5200 and dont have transparency, before nvidia i did but windows were moving slow so i had to install the drivers, btw on a 1,5 ghz pc it starts up faster than xp and when your working it doesnt hear that the computer is "working" and o yeah, MSN messenger doenst work with the beta! it starts up but it doesnt connect

no your not the only oe :D i also have an 5200 and dont have transparency, before nvidia i did but windows were moving slow so i had to install the drivers, btw on a 1,5 ghz pc it starts up faster than xp and when your working it doesnt hear that the computer is "working" and o yeah, MSN messenger doenst work with the beta! it starts up but it doesnt connect

586296700[/snapback]

both msn 7 and msn 7.5 work fine with Beta 1, on several pc's

I'm trying to install Vista to VMWare 5 but no matter i do, everytime i get the same error.

I'm using 7GB partition partitioned with XP Setup (also tried with my old Partiton Magic floppies) with 256MB RAM allocated  - tried with both WinXP and Longhorn Experimental profiles in VMWare.

586296660[/snapback]

1. The ram is way to low.

2. You gotta create a non when-files-come-i-grow virtual disk.

3. Install it on real hardware :whistle:

I'm using 7GB partition partitioned with XP Setup (also tried with my old Partiton Magic floppies) with 256MB RAM allocated  - tried with both WinXP and Longhorn Experimental profiles in VMWare.

586296660[/snapback]

Just mount the CD within VMWare and install from boot on a fixed size partition with 512mb RAM reserved...

Can anyone please tell me what Anti-Virus & Firewall programs work with Vista Beta 1? I've tried to install Norton Internet Security 2005 (Compatibility Mode) and it dosen't lik it.

I's there a system restore like XP???

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please tell me what Anti-Virus & Firewall programs work with Vista Beta 1? I've tried to install Norton Internet Security 2005 (Compatibility Mode) and it dosen't lik it.

I's there a system restore like XP???

Thanks in advance.

586296951[/snapback]

I've tried AVG Free, NOD32 and AntiVir. AntiVir is the only one that works for me.

There's no system restore option in Beta 1.

586296700[/snapback]

i have a fx5200, used the nvidia lddm ( https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=350977 ) and i have the glass effect etc...

Anyone get it working correctly with an Audigy 2 ZS?

I have the drivers installed, but get garbled sound after playing a song or so.

586295886[/snapback]

I can't get my SB Live! 5.1 Digital to work either :(

I can't use this either, because I have one bad stick of memory, and WinXP Pro will work fine with it, will get the occasional BSOD with it (That didn't bother me), but Vista won't boot at all with that stick of RAM, and I need all 1.5Gb, so IO can't use it :(

Just mount the CD within VMWare and install from boot on a fixed size partition with 512mb RAM reserved...

586296767[/snapback]

Still no luck, although i increased RAM to 512 MB and used fixed size 7GB virtual disk.

it drives me crazy to not pinpoint the problem :angry: