Windows Vista Beta 1

My onboard network card doesn't work correctly when I install the Nforce4 drivers. very weird :s

586286243[/snapback]

naw its actually quite normal. no nforce nic has worked since early longhorn builds. you will need a pci card for it to work.

-cheers :D

has nvidia made any sort of announcement that they will be realeasing some beta vista drivers? it looks as if they may have to if ATI have....... its looking linka bad on Nvidias part IMO

has nvidia made any sort of announcement that they will be realeasing some beta vista drivers? it looks as if they may have to if ATI have....... its looking linka bad on Nvidias part IMO

586290803[/snapback]

That is the reason possibly why Vista Beta 1 was a closed beta.

I have the following problem while trying to install WinVI:

- After booting from DVD, the installer doesn't see either of my HDs.

- Running the setup from WinXP gets me a BSOD after the first restart with a Stop error: 0x0000007B

After some reading I figured that the problem has to be the Promise Ultra100 ATA onboard adapter my HDs are connected to. My question: Will the Promise drivers for XP work with Vista?

post-105261-1122631238.jpg

i can go on sites but cant use apps that require internet access like msn messenger, my connection only sends packets and doesnt receive any, can sum 1 help me plz :(

Edited by Platinum_mo

I have the following problem while trying to install WinVI:

- After booting from DVD, the installer doesn't see either of my HDs.

- Running the setup from WinXP gets me a BSOD after the first restart with a Stop error: 0x0000007B

After some reading I figured that the problem has to be the Promise Ultra100 ATA onboard adapter my HDs are connected to. My question: Will the Promise drivers for XP work with Vista?

586291080[/snapback]

I had the same problem. What I did was this: Download the Ultra100 Windows Drivers, and extract the WinXP drivers (ultra.cat, ultra.sys, and ultra.inf) and put them on a floppy or burn them to a cdr. Then boot from your Vista DVD (when I tried to install from XP I'd get the BSOD whenever it would restart the computer, so try booting from DVD instead). Once you get to the setup screen that asks where you want to install Vista, look for the load driver button and click it. This is when you'll pop in your floppy or cdr that has the promise drivers on it. It'll then search for them and once it finds them it'll install them and then show your drives and let you select where to install the OS.

post-105261-1122631238.jpg

i can go on sites but cant use apps that require internet access like msn messenger, my connection only sends packets and doesnt receive any, can sum 1 help me plz :(

586291105[/snapback]

Did you read the README.htm? LOL

Did you read the README.htm?  LOL

586291188[/snapback]

i did...cudnt find n e thin in there bout dis...jus tell me if there is a way to fix this or not :cry:

I really wanna try his ooooooooooooooooooo if i install this is it really easy 2 unistall and go back 2 Windows XP? I want the tranparent stuff!!

I really wanna try his ooooooooooooooooooo if i install this is it really easy 2 unistall and go back 2 Windows XP? I want the tranparent stuff!!

586291327[/snapback]

if you're a beta tester you would know the answer to that question. If you want to keep windows xp you can make another partition to install Vista Beta 1 on. So you keep both of them.

heyz, juss install vista beta 1, areo glass work fine on BFG5500, the problem is when i tried to go to sound setting in control pannel, and click on Advance under Speakers Setting, i got this, any ideas how to fix it?? :(

Untitled.png

heyz, juss install vista beta 1, areo glass work fine on BFG5500, the problem is when i tried to go to sound setting in control pannel, and click on Advance under Speakers Setting, i got this, any ideas how to fix it?? :(

Untitled.png

586291393[/snapback]

I have the same problem, I will like also to know how to fix it :yes:

I had the same problem.  What I did was this: Download the Ultra100 Windows Drivers, and extract the WinXP drivers (ultra.cat, ultra.sys, and ultra.inf) and put them on a floppy or burn them to a cdr.  Then boot from your Vista DVD (when I tried to install from XP I'd get the BSOD whenever it would restart the computer, so try booting from DVD instead).  Once you get to the setup screen that asks where you want to install Vista, look for the load driver button and click it.  This is when you'll pop in your floppy or cdr that has the promise drivers on it.  It'll then search for them and once it finds them it'll install them and then show your drives and let you select where to install the OS.

586291181[/snapback]

I'm going to try that when I get home later. Thanks for the advice!

I don't really have to time to go through all 120 pages looking for an answer to this question so could someone please tell me if it's possible to "upgrade" to BETA 1 and not just have a clean install? has anyone had any compatibility issues with software?

ohh yea, and anyone know how to make vista desktop icon smaller? I tried to go to Effect in Display Properties and disable Use Large Icons but didn't work!..

I don't really have to time to go through all 120 pages looking for an answer to this question so could someone please tell me if it's possible to "upgrade" to BETA 1 and not just have a clean install? has anyone had any compatibility issues with software?

586291426[/snapback]

No, clean install only on Beta 1. No software isses. Some driver problems have been reported.

I installed Vista yesterday. Let me start with some good thing about Vista. It is amazing. This is the best interface from MS. I love the effects. Everything was smooth and faster than XP. Vista picked up every single of my hardware and installed drivers. I was surprised that my custom keys on keyboard worked as well. I think you have to use it to see how good this OS is gonig to be.

Now, down sides of Vista: I could not create network becasue it failed to load hnlez.dll (not sure about exact name). I think the search feature could be better, a lot better. I left it over night, and it indexed only 2500 files. I have a lot more files on my system. There were a few software that didn't work on Vista. Here is the list. PowerDVD, Trillian, ZoneAlarm Pro. I haven't tried many other programs.

In short, Vista is pretty impressive and it will change the way we see Windows, but before that I think MS and developer needs to do lot of work. I am seriously debating on going back to XP becasue I need to have network, and there are some business software I use that I can't use on Vista. I can't wait until MS comes out with Beta 2. IE is good, but the tabbed feature needs lot of work.

Vista fails to get networking to work on Dell Latitude D610... at least thats my experience...

Anyone else tried with that model?

The network adapters are;

"Broadcom NetExtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller"

"Dell Wireless 1450 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

It fails to start alot of services that are required, as the Wireless Zero service and the DHCP client etc.

Guess it's a driver problem.