Windows Vista Beta 1

Having issues hooking up a network connection to my Netgear Wireless router.

Vista seems to see my wireless network and when i try to connect with the WPA passphrase it says connecting but my router doesnt seem to respond with a valid dhcp address. (ie throws back the old 169.x.x.x IP address)

I then tried a static IP 192.168.1.10 along with 192.168.1.1 as my gateway and when it takes i check by running ipconfig /all and for some reason the default gateway remains blank..... :angry:

I cant get an internet connection........

Has this got something to do with my wireless pci card driver? (WAG311 Netgear)

HELP!!!

Well i don't and it worked fine for me. So there must be something wrong with you.  :D

586294390[/snapback]

Nevermind Its working now Im posting it from Vista and it insanely fast!!

It<s so stable and all my drivers are installed! :laugh:

Nevermind Its working now Im posting it from Vista and it insanely fast!!

It<s so stable and all my drivers are installed! :laugh:

586294676[/snapback]

man... why they sent me that invitation >>>> Microsoft Windows Installer 6.2 Beta Program Invitation

it's Vista.... i want that Vista :devil:

Well, I have spent at least 18 hours on trying to install it on my laptop and It just will not work. Oh well. I could install it on my desktop but, I seriously do not want to change what I have set up, way too much of my work. All my hardware I have double checked to make sure it is supported only thing I am not sure about is my Intel Pro Wireless 2200 pci. I am seriously upset and frustrated at this.

I have no idea what the issue is, all my hardware is supported I even logged in and redownloaded the ISO thinking it may have been a bad burn or download.

586293731[/snapback]

Only took me 45 minutes, which I'm stunned by :blink:

Keep trying, it really is worth it!

Worst case, create a small XP partition, put the ISO image on there with demon tools and install from the image to a second partition like I did, worked first time!

Having issues hooking up a network connection to my Netgear Wireless router.

Vista seems to see my wireless network and when i try to connect with the WPA passphrase it says connecting but my router doesnt seem to respond with a valid dhcp address. (ie throws back the old 169.x.x.x IP address)

I then tried a static IP 192.168.1.10 along with 192.168.1.1 as my gateway and when it takes i check by running ipconfig /all and for some reason the default gateway remains blank.....  :angry:

I cant get an internet connection........

Has this got something to do with my wireless pci card driver? (WAG311 Netgear)

HELP!!!

586294538[/snapback]

Some screenshots attached........

post-120911-1122680384.jpgpost-120911-1122680394.jpgpost-120911-1122680406_thumb.jpgpost-120911-1122680369.jpg

All I got on the first boot and every boot after that (even with the new ATI drivers) was a mostly black screen with colored lines on the left. I had to use VGA mode to be able to see anything.

I got it working on VMWare

But I can't install it on my PC!! The progress bar gets up to just past the 2 at the bottom, then I get A file couldnt be found message followed by

"this application has failed to start because TAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

WTF!? Can anyone suggest how I might be able to get this working?

Re-Burn the ISO?

Just got it installed and is working beautifully :D :D

Installed it without a hitch. Got a question though: when I installed it, it created the Windows.old folder with all the old files from the XP, are stuff from that folder still usable?

I havent been following this thread that much...also how do you get the glass/transparent windows?

ummm i get the Aero Glass and all those cool tings on my Old Gforce FX 5200 128MB

should i install those new Nvidia Drivers ??? (faster, better or something...)

586292647[/snapback]

only required for thr 6xxx and 7xxx cards dude

Just got it installed and is working beautifully :D :D

Installed it without a hitch.  Got a question though:  when I installed it, it created the Windows.old folder with all the old files from the XP, are stuff from that folder still usable?

I havent been following this thread that much...also how do you get the glass/transparent windows?

586295260[/snapback]

for nvidia cards: Nvidia Alpha Drivers for 6xxx and 7xxx series cards

I got it working on VMWare

But I can't install it on my PC!! The progress bar gets up to just past the 2 at the bottom, then I get A file couldnt be found message followed by

"this application has failed to start because TAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

WTF!? Can anyone suggest how I might be able to get this working?

Re-Burn the ISO?

586294869[/snapback]

I also met this problem!

ai first i only build one subarea ,and windows appeared the message the same as yours!

then i build another subarea,all is OK NOW!

I'm beta tester did anyone know if we will going to have for free the final version of VISTA?  :cool:

586295315[/snapback]

That really depends how good a tester you prove to be :)

From Vista B1 first impressions article:

a major change in the way we use our personal computers is coming through Vista
I find that very hard to believe. Still gonna have the start menu, still gonna be throwing all our stuff on the desktop, still gonna be using our computers the same way we have been.

Can i point out please, before i get any more PM's, that Aero Glass will only work on DirectX 9.0c cards - if you can get it working on non dx9, great, if not, thats how it should be.

Finally got around to having sometime to install.

Having a problem when selecting partition. I have 2 HDs, one HD has XP installed and I don't want to install on that as it said it will make that Windows install useless.

So I am trying to select the 2nd drive but it gives a message ::: "The partition you have selected has one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for Windows installation"

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Finally got around to having sometime to install.

Having a problem when selecting partition.? I have 2 HDs, one HD has XP installed and I don't want to install on that as it said it will make that Windows install useless.

So I am trying to select the 2nd drive but it gives a message? ::: "The partition you have selected has one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for Windows installation"

How can I fix this?

Thanks

586295464[/snapback]

format the drive under Windows XP as NTFS, should be fine then

does anyone know how to change the brightness of the screen? I used the tools from nvidia but i don't know what would work to make my screen brighter.