Bandwidth monitor

My ISP imposes a 60 GB monthly cap. I don't go over it but I'm wanting to keep track of my usage (which resets on the billing date 16 to 18 of the month).

I've been trying to setup MRTG but its way too complicated for my purposes. Can anyone suggest an app that has total downloads which can be reset (or better yet tabulated) over the year in total MB or GB?

thanks!

mcafee personal firewall has a utilities section with a log in it...

edit:but that would be useless for a mac.

Edited by StevoFC

LOL! You Windows people. Its time you upgrade: Windows Vista

Thanks for the info. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I've looked on Versiontracker and the only think I'm coming up with are current download rate monitors e.g. right now you're downloading at 200 Kb/s that sort of thing. It doesn't have you've downloaded 1.2 GB today, 45 GB this month type of thing.

Well, I just use quite a basic widget which displays the appropriate information.

Of course, it resets everytime you reboot but I don't reboot often (I did do this morning though, hence the screeny).

I don't know whether you'd be interested in that or not, but it works for me :)

post-58688-1122728260_thumb.jpg

Hmm, there are widgets but if you restart then its gone.

I'm interested in finding something like this too. I hit 120gb like 2 weeks ago in a 1-2 week period. D: (it's not what you think)

I'll keep my eyes open :)

LOL! You Windows people. Its time you upgrade: Windows Vista

Thanks for the info.  :laugh:

Seriously, though, I've looked on Versiontracker and the only think I'm coming up with are current download rate monitors e.g. right now you're downloading at 200 Kb/s that sort of thing. It doesn't have you've downloaded 1.2 GB today, 45 GB this month type of thing.

586297090[/snapback]

i have a mac also...i just didn't look at the section this was posted in.

thanks for the link SpeedY_B, most helpful. Since my bandwidth resets on the 18th of th month, it does it automatically. I wasn't using dashboard apps until this one.