August Desktops

Cool desktop. But be aware that you're applying unified semi transparency to your windows; in 2006 we'll see alpha blended semi transparency. Until then we can do the same in Windows - with the help of programs like Glass2k, of course.

EDIT: here's an example.

august2005desktop26qx.th.jpg

586317702[/snapback]

Yes. But with KDE you can apply apparency to titlebar only, window content only, both, active windows, inactive windows, etc. You can also set the amount of transparency for each separately. Throw in the worlds best open source browser and it's a deal you can't refuse :)

Yes. But with KDE you can apply apparency to titlebar only, window content only, both, active windows, inactive windows, etc. You can also set the amount of transparency for each separately. Throw in the worlds best open source browser and it's a deal you can't refuse :)

586327694[/snapback]

Argh. Out of the 6 possibilities listed Windows can only do 1.:blush:

Remind me to reinstall a Linux distro some time soon. I haven't fooled around with KDE that much. :laugh:

Argh. Out of the 6 possibilities listed Windows can only do 1.:blush:

Remind me to reinstall a Linux distro some time soon. I haven't fooled around with KDE that much.  :laugh:

586329116[/snapback]

OT - Look for the SuSE 9.3 Pro Live CD (Y)

vallpaper: "vladstudio_hairdresser_1280x1024.jpg" from vladstudio.com

visual style: "Coughdrop orange" for Style XP

icons: Spring_Flowers_v1.0-Win

post-42684-1123218949_thumb.jpg

Edited by azzza

Simply fabulous desktops everybody :)

I'm going a bit offbeat with this desk, I love this theme.. even if its non-apple.. even if it has a kinda "girly" look ;)

I call this desktop "Mauve Madam"

Clean:

LilaCleanSmall.jpg

Click HERE for fullsize @ deviantART

Dirty:

LilaDirtySmall.jpg

Click HERE for fullview

;)

p.s. The wallpaper is available HERE if anyone's even remotely intersted to have it :p