Can't install IE7

here we go again

@xtrm.

IE7 could be installed on every system.

here is example, but with russian language code (0x19).

1. unpack archive

2. open update.inf

3. looks for LangTypeValue = 0x09 string

4. change it to 0x19, save

5. change it to 0x09, do not save

6. run update.exe

7. save update.inf

8. change code to 0x19, do not save

9. press, next, next, next...

10. during back up, save update.inf.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone here can help me. I have been trying for it seems forever to install IE7 on my computer.

I am running Windows XP Corporate with SP2. It is NOT a hacked version, but bought and paid for my business.

When I attempt to install IE7, the program goes through the check for a Genuine Version which it approves with no problems.

Then the installer extacts some files, and starts the process to backup files.

The process continues to backing up the registry. Then after about 2 or 3 minutes, the installer aborts saying that there is a problem.

I have tried to install with AntiVirus OFF and ON, Zone Alarm OFF and ON, etc... Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? I really would like to give this a try.

Thank you.

It's not even THAT good seriously, your not missing out on anything. Just look at some screenshots.

586315321[/snapback]

I'm using it right now, have been since it was released and to be honest I prefer it to FF and IE6. Not had it crash once on me either.

wait to the release Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2  :)

586319776[/snapback]

That's not happening until the end of 2005. Microsoft really blew it making it a private beta.

Currently, IE7 is only available to official testers, and like all of Microsoft's beta releases, they are ALL in english until the actual final release of the product.

Huh guys,

This method is ILLEGAL.. IE7 MUST run on a XP English AND you must be an OFFICIAL beta tester !

586399187[/snapback]

That is fine and dandy. But why does it seem that most of us have to PAY though the nose to get a copy of software that is still really not ready for the general public. I am not trying to be sassy. I just find that I buy a lot of, their, software, and then it turns out that I have to wait or use work arounds until Microsoft feels it is time to release a fix or an update to correct the problems. The beta process seems to really beging when the general public gets to purchase the program.

Maybe someone here can help me.  I have been trying for it seems forever to install IE7 on my computer.

586387156[/snapback]

Report it as a bug.

I have IE 7. Even as a beta, I find it to be an improvement over IE 6 SP2. The latest vulnerabilities for IE 6 I don't think are even in the beta of IE 7.

I have IE 7. Even as a beta, I find it to be an improvement over IE 6 SP2. The latest vulnerabilities for IE 6 I don't think are even in the beta of IE 7.

586404907[/snapback]

Just because there aren't patches doesn't mean the vulnerabilities don't exist...

The only way to know is to test for the vulnerability yourself. You can't use the patches because technically they contain previous versions of files...