All ASUS A8V Deluxe Rev. 2 Users

I wasn't sure where to post this but as it is related to a motherboard I guess it goes here.

I have a A8V Rev 1.xx and therefore do not have the ability to lock the agp/pci bus with the latest BIOS releases.

I have tested them with an older BIOS and they function correctly so I would like to be able to use them with the newer BIOS files.

This got me wondering. As both rev 1.xx and rev 2 users install exactly the same bios file, why does the option to lock the agp/pci bus only appear to the rev. 2 user?

I started to think that maybe it looks for the version number in the DMI data, so i changed mine to '2.00', but no change.

It would be a great help if an owner of a rev. 2 could post exactly what information they have in the DMI pertaining to the motherboard.

If you could post a screenshot of everest that would be ideal.

(In everest, under 'computer', then 'dmi', then 'motherboard')

Or if anyone else has any ideas on how I could circumvent this they would be much appreciated.

I know my motherboard is a rev 2.00 but for some reason it's reporting as rev 1.00 dunno why

don't know if this would help :p

586344263[/snapback]

Thanks for the help sinatosk, I guess that rules out the DMI idea :(

I'm stumped on how to get around this without modding the BIOS file (which I have no clue on how to do).

Do you have the option to lock the pci/agp frequency in your BIOS?

I believe the PCI/AGP lock is physically broken on the Rev 1.0. There is fo way to get it to work, even if you somehow trick the BIOS, AFAIK.

And don't trust Sandra for your DMI info...yeah it reports my rev 2 as 1.00 too. Then again, it also says I'm running in single channel for RAM!

I believe the PCI/AGP lock is physically broken on the Rev 1.0. There is fo way to get it to work, even if you somehow trick the BIOS, AFAIK.

And don't trust Sandra for your DMI info...yeah it reports my rev 2 as 1.00 too. Then again, it also says I'm running in single channel for RAM!

586346737[/snapback]

From my research I found that many rev 1.xx users have a working AGP/PCI lock, including myself.

If I install BIOS version 1005.020/021 I get the option to lock the agp/pci frequency and I tested it with clockgen and had a substantial overclock in place for quite some time.

However, these old BIOSes do not allow memory to be used in dual channel nor do they support the newer core A64s, as well as a number of other performance enhancements.

As I have a working AGP/PCI lock it is very frustrating to not be allowed to use it simply because the option is not there in the BIOS.

I've searched for modded BIOSes but no luck so far :(