WinRAR 3.5 Final

To the guy who said the two screenshots of diff users look the same ....er Get some sleep hehe they look diff names to me. Oh boy I just brought a copy !! Best money I ever spent I use this daily (I brought Winzip a longtime ago but there is really no use for it ...) Do I get Free lifetime upgrades ? as with winzip or do I pay for each update ??

-Romey

To the guy who said the two screenshots of diff users look the same ....er Get some sleep hehe they look diff names to me. Oh boy I just brought a copy !! Best money I ever spent I use this daily (I brought Winzip a longtime ago but there is really no use for it ...) Do I get Free lifetime upgrades ? as with winzip or do I pay for each update ??

Free lifetime, I believe.

I switched from WinZip to WinRAR because of segmented archives and how easy it makes 'em, among other interface niftyness, and extended format decompression support.

I was very loyal to WinZip, but it just didn't keep pace, so even though I can still legally upgrade for free, I just don't bother. WinRAR is all I need, I think.

I still make most of my single-segment archives in ZIP format for compatibility even, but it is very nice to have the ability to quickly and easily break the archive into multiple segments on the fly.

Plus, this THEME thing is pretty spiffy, as is the ability to unzip 7z archives.

Just thinking I refused to use WinRAR for quite some time because I loved WinZip

Same here. But it just stagnated, sadly. WinRAR can decompress about everything and handles multi-segment archives so much easier. Plus, it's easy to encode each selected file into its own archive thanks to their interface.

Sad, but true, WinZip just didn't seem to want to keep pace with the rest, so, I had to move on, as have many others it appears.

How you likin' WinRAR after all is said and done?

I use ZipGenius 6.0.2.1041 because is free and very good.

But WinRar is the best :)

Sometimes I forget how darn many formats there have been:

http://www.zipgenius.it/intweb/features.htm

ARJ was awesome - wonder why it died.

LHA/LZH was too.

I kind of like that WinRAR only compresses in 2 formats - ZIP or RAR. Keeps things simple, and with my simple-mind, that is a good thing. :)

How you likin' WinRAR after all is said and done?

586357605[/snapback]

It's one of the best programs I have ever used. Almost everything I download is zipped using .rar, so I use it every day. Overall, I have no complaints :)

It's one of the best programs I have ever used.  Almost everything I download is zipped using .rar, so I use it every day.  Overall, I have no complaints :)

Cool beans.

I dig their FAR file manager too. Some nice throwback nostalgia in a DOS box.

im wondering if they will ever do full support of 7zip

They seem pretty set on having ZIP and RAR the only compression standards they want to support. But at least you can Unzip 7z archives.

They seem pretty set on having ZIP and RAR the only compression standards they want to support.  But at least you can Unzip 7z archives.

586366882[/snapback]

yup

and that is why my compression/decompression program always been Powerarchiver (Y)